Recommendations for one night hotel in Southampton?

lawk

Here's a precis of Southampton city centre hotels

https://www.londontoolkit.com/travel/southampton_accommodation.htm 

The map at the bottom of that page shows the locations of hotels, cruise terminals etc.

Cheapest (and clean & comfortable) is likely to be the Ibis Budget, but it has no facilities (McDonalds is close by for a very very basic breakfast).

Best breakfasts are likely to be Premier Inn West Quay and Holiday Inn Herbert Walker Avenue.

JB 🙂

3 hours ago, John Bull said:

Here's a precis of Southampton city centre hotels

https://www.londontoolkit.com/travel/southampton_accommodation.htm 

The map at the bottom of that page shows the locations of hotels, cruise terminals etc.

Cheapest (and clean & comfortable) is likely to be the Ibis Budget, but it has no facilities (McDonalds is close by for a very very basic breakfast).

Best breakfasts are likely to be Premier Inn West Quay and Holiday Inn Herbert Walker Avenue.

JB 🙂

We stayed at the Holiday Inn and were pleased.   Breakfast good, and we walked with luggage to ship.  One busy street to cross but otherwise an easy walk.

• Like 2

We stayed at the Moxy & were very pleased with it.  Rooms are small but were sufficient for the two of us. We also liked the breakfast & the folks working there.  Very close to many restaurants in the very large mall.

17 minutes ago, jmlh said:

We stayed at the Moxy & were very pleased with it.  Rooms are small but were sufficient for the two of us. We also liked the breakfast & the folks working there.  Very close to many restaurants in the very large mall.

The Moxy is very popular. It is totally booked for our pre-cruise date of May 31, 2024. I began looking a few weeks ago (6-7 months ahead).

We always stay at the Premier Inn West Quay. Cheaper than the Holiday Inn, breakfast is good, they have a phone dedicated to calling a cab for transport to the cruise terminal (or did precovid, haven’t been there since), and close to lots of good restaurants and a short walk to the train station.

We stayed at the WhiteStar Tavern for 3nights. Not sure of the previous post but we had a lovely quiet room (not the smallest) and breakfast was fantastic. See image. Had a not so good dinner the first night but found incredible Indian and Portuguese restaurants close. The staff was very helpful. We walked to the terminal from there for our cruise. Not a far walk but it was not raining. If anyone is staying  longer, we took the ferry to Hythe and then did the Green route New Forest Bus . A very enjoyable day on the hop on hop off visiting a number of villages. 

IMG_1793.jpeg

33 minutes ago, wcGma said:

We stayed at the WhiteStar Tavern for 3nights. Not sure of the previous post but we had a lovely quiet room (not the smallest) and breakfast was fantastic. See image. Had a not so good dinner the first night but found incredible Indian and Portuguese restaurants close. The staff was very helpful. We walked to the terminal from there for our cruise. Not a far walk but it was not raining. If anyone is staying  longer, we took the ferry to Hythe and then did the Green route New Forest Bus . A very enjoyable day on the hop on hop off visiting a number of villages. 

IMG_1793.jpeg

I am glad that you lucked out with a quiet room; especially staying for 3 nights. We and others were not so lucky.

On 1/7/2024 at 4:06 AM, ckmedsec said:

The Holiday Inn is clean and quiet.  Their breakfast is also very good.

8 hours ago, PurpleHays said:

Is the breakfast included or an extra charge?

Unless there's some sort of special offer for your dates, breakfast at H.I. is an optional add-on.

Same at all Premier Inns, but a little cheaper of booked with the room

JB 🙂

• Like 2

3 hours ago, John Bull said:

Same at all Premier Inns, but a little cheaper of booked with the room

When I stayed at the London St Pancras PI in 2019, I had prebooked the full breakfast. When I arrived, I discovered that they had a smaller breakfast option which I preferred - I don't eat eggs or sausage/bacon - and I changed to the smaller breakfast option. They refunded the difference. However, if I remember correctly, the full breakfast that they advertised at the hotel was the same price that I had originally paid.

I stayed at the Holiday Inn in October. I wouldn't recommend it. It's not really near anything except the port (photo is the view from our room). One of the two elevators is out, making for very long queues. I was told that when that elevator is finally fixed, they're going to do the other one. The bed in our room was uncomfortable, and the springs twanged everytime I rolled over. We didn't walk to the ship because it was the second one, so we took a quick cab ride.

Next time I'd choose Premier Inn, bookable on their website.

IMG_E3498.JPG

• Like 2

2 hours ago, craig01020 said:

I stayed at the Holiday Inn in October. I wouldn't recommend it. It's not really near anything except the port (photo is the view from our room). One of the two elevators is out, making for very long queues. I was told that when that elevator is finally fixed, they're going to do the other one. The bed in our room was uncomfortable, and the springs twanged everytime I rolled over. We didn't walk to the ship because it was the second one, so we took a quick cab ride.

Next time I'd choose Premier Inn, bookable on their website.

IMG_E3498.JPG

Hi Craig,

I don't entirely understand your comment that H.I. is "not really near anything except the port "

It's only a 3 - 4 minute walk from P.I West Quay, and actually five minutes closer to the main old-town sights than P.I. 

Absolutely in the right general area for convenience.

image.thumb.png.445c4222e6b129012df69affdfc79752.png

JB 🙂

• Like 1