New Princess Lunch Menus

tjcletzgo

On 1/21/2024 at 8:20 AM, bnickle said:

That reminded me of our BI cruise in 2018. There had been several complaints on here about the quality of the coffee onboard. I was outside, sitting on a deck outside the buffet, about 7:00 in the morning, sipping coffee and enjoying some calm and quiet. One of the crew members wandered by and paused to say good morning and to ask me how the coffee was. Honestly, in that moment, all I could think was that I was on a cruise with my Handsome Boyfriend (aka my delightful husband), the weather was perfect, the waters danced slightly in a mesmerizing ballet, and my heart was full of contentment. It was the best coffee I have ever had, and that had nothing to do with the coffee. Perspective.

Keeping perspective is where you find joy in life. Perspective keeps disappointment at bay and welcomes happiness and memories. Glass half full is the best way to live … unless your glass is empty because the drink was just that delicious. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, New2cruise2022 said:

Keeping perspective is where you find joy in life. Perspective keeps disappointment at bay and welcomes happiness and memories. Glass half full is the best way to live … unless your glass is empty because the drink was just that delicious. 

I love that so much and try to live my life that way.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

Why even bother to ask when you know the DR is open at lunch?

So instead of walking from dining room to dining room, you will go to the correct one first.  I can find no rhyme or reason as to which one is open on which ship.  They have all varied on our cruises.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, MissP22 said:

MissCharm

If there are multiple dining rooms on a ship wouldn't you have to ask which one is serving lunch?

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, artvlay said:

MissCharm

If there are multiple dining rooms on a ship wouldn't you have to ask which one is serving lunch?

No, not really.

It's either on deck 5 or deck 6. Not that far to travel. If it's not on one, it's the other.

1 hour ago, artvlay said:

MissCharm

Lately, we’ve noticed they’ve been serving the lunch on sea days in the aft dining room on deck 6.  So, if you are midship, you have to go aft on deck 7 and use the stairs or elevators to get down to the dining room.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

No, not really.

It's either on deck 5 or deck 6. Not that far to travel. If it's not on one, it's the other.

And it will be listed in the Patter

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cruise Raider said:

Lately, we’ve noticed they’ve been serving the lunch on sea days in the aft dining room on deck 6.  So, if you are midship, you have to go aft on deck 7 and use the stairs or elevators to get down to the dining room.  

That's one dining room we haven't eaten in for first day lunch or on sea days.  We have always been on 6 mid ship.  Thanks for mentioning the aft MDR as I would never have thought to look for the first day lunch there.  Would have given up and tried the IC or buffet.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, coo359a2 said:

That's one dining room we haven't eaten in for first day lunch or on sea days.  We have always been on 6 mid ship.  Thanks for mentioning the aft MDR as I would never have thought to look for the first day lunch there.  Would have given up and tried the IC or buffet.

In the last year or so, we’ve only found it in the aft dining room on 6 different Princess ships.  It’s really not very conducive to a large number of people waiting to get in for lunch in that small lobby.  I feel like that is maybe why they have it there.  Most don’t think to go look there and when they’ve had it in one of the two midship MDR’s, sometimes, they’ve had to turn people away without lunch.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/20/2024 at 7:30 AM, MissP22 said:

Because there are three dining rooms.  It's always nice to save a step after embarkation stress.

• Like 1

On 2/20/2024 at 1:03 PM, Cruise Raider said:

In the last year or so, we’ve only found it in the aft dining room on 6 different Princess ships.  It’s really not very conducive to a large number of people waiting to get in for lunch in that small lobby.  I feel like that is maybe why they have it there.  Most don’t think to go look there and when they’ve had it in one of the two midship MDR’s, sometimes, they’ve had to turn people away without lunch.  

I will guarantee you that it will not be in the dining room used for reserve class

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, memoak said:

I will guarantee you that it will not be in the dining room used for reserve class

Oddly enough, though I hate that aft dining room, we’ve had the best service there on our last few cruises.  We only go to the MDR for lunch anymore so it might be a quirk but wow, we’ve really enjoyed both the food and the service back there.  

10 minutes ago, Tranquility Base said:

Can you expand on that please.

Are you saying there is no separate Reserve Class area for embarkation day lunch ? 

There is definitely Reserve Class dining for embarkation day lunch.  I believe memoak is saying the dining room used for Reserve Class passengers won't be the same one used for embarkation lunch for everyone else.  I can't confirm that but I believe that is what is being stated.

17 minutes ago, Tranquility Base said:

Can you expand on that please.

Are you saying there is no separate Reserve Class area for embarkation day lunch ? 

There is Reserve Class space in its regular space but all others use a different dining room at least on the last 3 cruises I have been on. All others use a different dining room probably to avoid upset people who don’t want to wait from trying to crash Reserve class tables which I have seen before

• Thanks 1

On our last two cruises (October and January) the embarkation dining room lunch was in the same dining room as Reserve class.  Reserve entered from one door and others used the other door.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, HotRoot said:

On our last two cruises (October and January) the embarkation dining room lunch was in the same dining room as Reserve class.  Reserve entered from one door and others used the other door.

It was not on the Crown in October and January. In fact the non reserve on all sea day lunches was in the aft dining room