Luggage tag holder question

melusina

I ferl like this is the silliest question ever but - luggage tags holders are sold as being cruise - line specific. Our first cruise is booked on Celebrity but we're looking at Holland America next year. Is there some reason I can't re- use the same tag holders?Yes they're cheap but they're also plastic and i hate plastic that isn't re- usable. Or is there a way to find generic tags holders?

Thanks for humoring me.

• Like 1

You can research tag holders on Amazon.  Most come in two sizes.  I would buy the larger size so any tag will fit.  Mine have the zip lock type closure and metal straps.  I have reused them many times.

IMG_1192.jpeg

Posted (edited)

Different cruise lines have very different size/shape luggage tags.  As a practical matter most tags can be folded to fit a fair sized plastic holder, but I have a couple of very narrow plastic holders (I forget for which line) which would not accommodate larger tags.

Edited by navybankerteacher

1 hour ago, navybankerteacher said:

I have a couple of very narrow plastic holders (I forget for which line) which would not accommodate larger tags.

Royal Carribean (RCL) or Celebrity Cruise lines? Those have the narrow tags. 

I actually print my tags so the front is the actual tag and the back contains my contact information and hotel information. Just flip the paper over in the plastic tag. 

12 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

You can research tag holders on Amazon.  Most come in two sizes.  I would buy the larger size so any tag will fit.  Mine have the zip lock type closure and metal straps.  I have reused them many times.

IMG_1192.jpeg

I have used these on 10 cruises so far.

As pictured above from Amazon:  Luggage Tag Holder

7 minutes ago, Newcruiser2024 said:

Crew News, do you recommend getting the ID holders with the Iuggage tag holders?

Every piece of luggage needs an ID tag whether it is checked or carried onto the ship/aircraft.  For security purposes, ID tags should not allow your information (phone number, address, and email) to be visible to the casual user.

There are many holders available so choice is very subjective.  For my last 15+ cruising years, I have inserted a business card into holders I found in the Walmart luggage section that are both semi-opaque and would resist any very strong pull to remove.  The colors are also an aid to spotting similar luggage on an airport luggage carousel. .  Luggage ID Holders

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Crew News said:

Every piece of luggage needs an ID tag whether it is checked or carried onto the ship/aircraft.  For security purposes, ID tags should not allow your information (phone number, address, and email) to be visible to the casual user.

There are many holders available so choice is very subjective.  For my last 15+ cruising years, I have inserted a business card into holders I found in the Walmart luggage section that are both semi-opaque and would resist any very strong pull to remove.  The colors are also an aid to spotting similar luggage on an airport luggage carousel. .  Luggage ID Holders

I have several of those purchased as cruise ship souvenirs.  Still using them from Millennium in 2000.  EM

• Like 1