Christmas Markets Cruise.

Manda917

We are looking to book a Christmas Market River Cruise- We will be traveling with my 9 year old, so Viking is out of play.  It seems that AMA and Uniworld have cruises that allow children on board.  Does anyone have a suggestion for one over the other?  We were originally looking at the Disney one, but the dates do not work as I want to be home for Christmas. 

AMA has cabins for families on some ships – they were designed for their Adventures by Disney collaboration but they're built into the ships and available on all itineraries.

As @Host Jazzbeau mentions, Disney uses Ama. It's a full charter with their own CM's, but sitll.

Anyway, we did Ama's Rivers and Castles with 3 generations, our 3 kids were 10, 13, & 19. There we a number of families, including 2 groups larger than ours, and even a few kids younger than my 10 year old niece. I don't know how common or unusual that was, but the crew never let on that it was anything out of the ordinary, and they were great. Without attempting to compare, I would definitely recommend Ama.

(Others mentioned may be great also, I just have no experience them)

I’ve been on two Uniworld Christmas markets trips, and from what I have read above, it definitely sounds like AMA may be a better fit. I don’t recall a single child on either of my markets cruises. That said, I do know that Uniworld offers specific itineraries that are tailored for families but it doesn’t appear that any coincide with the dates for the Christmas markets. See https://www.uniworld.com/us/themed-cruises/family-friendly-cruises 

You may also want to check out Tauck's "Bridges" cruises which is their family and multi generation program. It includes some Christmas market cruises.