Applying for shareholder onboard credit.

EM35

30 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

I always assumed that they had a method of checking.

So do I. as I have never before been asked to see certificate. This was bourne out last year when the whole process took less than three and a half hours and looking at the timings must have been done from the UK. In this day and age it would appear feasible for Carnival UK to have access to the Carnival Corp shareholder data base.

The whole Stockperks app is set up for the American Market and people who hold their shares through a broker. My guess is that michwat  encountered someone who doesn't understand the old fashioned process of holding share certificates.  As far as I can see the process has worked well for the rest of us.  There's always one unfortunate one, as previously suggested have another go or email customer services. Good luck!

Has anyone been successful recently applying for obc via Hargreaves Landsdowne recently.   I emailed them as usual and had confirmation on the 8th January that they were applying to P and O but haven’t heard any more.  

Just now, Ilovemygarden said:

Has anyone been successful recently applying for obc via Hargreaves Landsdowne recently.   I emailed them as usual and had confirmation on the 8th January that they were applying to P and O but haven’t heard any more.  

I made a request to HL and the response was they were extremely busy with these requests and would deal with them based on  order of sailing dates.  I decided to go direct and did it via Stockperks!

3 hours ago, Sheila127 said:

I made a request to HL and the response was they were extremely busy with these requests and would deal with them based on  order of sailing dates.  I decided to go direct and did it via Stockperks!

You're fortunate that you were able to download a meaningful document from the HL app or website. My shares are held in my ii (Interactive Investor) acccount, and their app does not permit screenprints, and has no download function, that I can find, and even if I could take a screen print of my holdings, my name is not shown and there is no date!!!!

11 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

You're fortunate that you were able to download a meaningful document from the HL app or website. My shares are held in my ii (Interactive Investor) acccount, and their app does not permit screenprints, and has no download function, that I can find, and even if I could take a screen print of my holdings, my name is not shown and there is no date!!!!

I could download a copy of my share account which showed my name, date and time of the statement! 

Update:- I contacted customer service and got an email from Zac asking to send a copy of my share certificate to him.  So hopefully it may get resolved.  (Apart from the fact that I attached the wrong image initially!!)

Michele

• Like 1

Upto date on my #93 .Just received email from stockperks saying my £150 obc has been applied .So I am due to pay travel agent balance this weekend so I will check to see if they have updated the invoice. So looks like things work well with this new way of claiming obc once accepted 

• Like 1

Further to my earlier problems Shareperks  have come back to me and accepted my OBC request.

I  do not know which of the two attempts I made to force it through or a message on their app, which worked.

Just had confirmation from TA and attached new invoice from P&O showing the OBC

Had an email from Zac in customer services to say that my shares have been validated and I can now go on the app and redeem my OBC.

He even included some step-by-step instructions on how to do this.

Unfortunately when I get to the step that says "press the green redeem button at the bottom", the redeem button is not green but grey and nothing happens, so although I have made some progress, I'm still not there yet!

Think I might have to go back to Zac.

Michele

12 minutes ago, michwat said:

Had an email from Zac in customer services to say that my shares have been validated and I can now go on the app and redeem my OBC.

Unfortunately when I get to the step that says "press the green redeem button at the bottom", the redeem button is not green but grey and nothing happens, so although I have made some progress, I'm still not there yet!

Michele

I have a similar grey redeem button even after ownership of shares has been recorded. Let us know how you resolve this. 

My greater annoyance is with this app being so US-centric. Does P&O, Aida, Costa know how they have made life so difficult for their British and European customers?

23 minutes ago, 1zachary said:

When buying these shares do you buy CUK or CCL ones as a UK resident.

Carnival shares are traded on both the London (Pounds) and New York (Dollars) stock exchanges. You want the London ones to avoid foreign currency exchange 

https://www.hl.co.uk/shares/shares-search-results/c/carnival-plc-ordinary-usd1.66

Brian

50 minutes ago, BrianI said:

Carnival shares are traded on both the London (Pounds) and New York (Dollars) stock exchanges. You want the London ones to avoid foreign currency exchange 

https://www.hl.co.uk/shares/shares-search-results/c/carnival-plc-ordinary-usd1.66

Brian

Thank you for that just wanted to make sure before going ahead.

3 hours ago, michwat said:

Michele

3 hours ago, kermchem said:

I have a similar grey redeem button even after ownership of shares has been recorded. Let us know how you resolve this. 

My greater annoyance is with this app being so US-centric. Does P&O, Aida, Costa know how they have made life so difficult for their British and European customers?

3 hours ago, Bin man said:

Did you put the date in correctly seem to think when I first tried it took me 3 goes to format the date correctly in the American way .

Incorrect date could well be the reason. 

5 hours ago, Gettingwarmer said:

Incorrect date could well be the reason. 

You're all very lucky, I cannot get the app to function properly, have deleted it and re-loaded it a few times, but now stuck with a message saying it's taking too long and try again.  Hoping Zac can sort it out for me.

4 hours ago, Winifred 22 said:

CUK ones 

Sorry but this is incorrect

With its global corporate headquarters in Miami and several regional headquarters around the world, Carnival Corporation’s stock is dually listed on both the New York Stock Exchange and London Stock Exchange under the symbol CCL, and is the only group in the world to be included in both the S&P 500 and the FTSE 250 indices

https://www.carnivalcorp.com/corporate-information

The symbol CCL is used for both shares in New York known as Carnival Corp and in London as Carnival PLC.

You need to buy the Carnival PLC shares

Brian

28 minutes ago, BrianI said:

Sorry but this is incorrect

With its global corporate headquarters in Miami and several regional headquarters around the world, Carnival Corporation’s stock is dually listed on both the New York Stock Exchange and London Stock Exchange under the symbol CCL, and is the only group in the world to be included in both the S&P 500 and the FTSE 250 indices

https://www.carnivalcorp.com/corporate-information

The symbol CCL is used for both shares in New York known as Carnival Corp and in London as Carnival PLC.

You need to buy the Carnival PLC shares

Brian

That’s what I meant .

Edited by Winifred 22

We* are having problems with the app too, despite 'help'. Zac sent confirmation of the login details but we are still getting an error message. It's a good job we are not onboard until April!

*We being OH who nominally owns the shares.

E-mail this morning from Stockperks, or at least some organisation claiming to be them, saying that their systems have suffered a glitch, and some users have not been able to claim their perks.

I wonder when the message is going to get back to Carnival corporate HQ that this organisation they have signed up with are a joke.

Unhappy cruiser. Unhappy shareholder.

I got same message saying they experienced a glitch on Sunday and have fixed 1st component behind the scenes and they are working DILIGENTLY to resolve error. 

I have now downloaded the App onto my tablet, and that has resolved the scrolling problem, which however still exists on my phone.

But I am still locked in negotiations with interactive investor to try and get a newer statement than September 2023, in order to meet the 3 month requirement maximum for validating my holding.