Applying for shareholder onboard credit.

EM35

On 1/23/2024 at 1:51 PM, kermchem said:

I have a similar grey redeem button even after ownership of shares has been recorded. Let us know how you resolve this. 

My greater annoyance is with this app being so US-centric. Does P&O, Aida, Costa know how they have made life so difficult for their British and European customers?

Just now, gsjnd said:

I have had the same problem with the grey button and have just checked the app this  morning and it seems to have been resolved and is now green and allowing me to click on it. Give it another go.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, gsjnd said:

I have had the same problem with the grey button and have just checked the app this  morning and it seems to have been resolved and is now green and allowing me to click on it. Give it another go.

Thanks for the heads up. OH was able to complete the process this morning.

Further update on my #108 ?Payed my cruise for May 24 via my cruise travel agent and she confirmed that the £150 share obc had been applied ,so looks like you can ask to apply before paying in my case it was 4 to 5 weeks before P and O would have needed payment so looks like stockperks via app has worked for me so will have confidence to use again in May for my September cruise , also confirmed that a £50pp cancellation charge has been  reinstated by them plus the dep paid to P and O .

Even though downloaded the Stockperks App in advance of paying my balance for cruise in April did not have to use it. My TA automatically contacted P&O and they added OBC without contacting Stockperks.

Never involved my T A always previously done it myself via carnivalshare email so thats why I have started using stockperks ,in saying that I have never been told from P and O to use stock perks dispite emailing them, so don't know if they will update their website on how to claim .Very confusing which way to go but I guess what ever works for yourself best as long as we get the same result 

9 minutes ago, Bin man said:

Never involved my T A always previously done it myself via carnivalshare email so thats why I have started using stockperks ,in saying that I have never been told from P and O to use stock perks dispite emailing them, so don't know if they will update their website on how to claim .Very confusing which way to go but I guess what ever works for yourself best as long as we get the same result 

The initial email I received when I emailed carnivalshares and they directed me towards Stockperks said that this was a trial. So, it may be the case that they are not asking all applications to go through the app at this stage hence why some people seem to have been able to apply through the email address. 

2 hours ago, majortom10 said:

Even though downloaded the Stockperks App in advance of paying my balance for cruise in April did not have to use it. My TA automatically contacted P&O and they added OBC without contacting Stockperks.

Once the trial is finished your TA will not be able to do this.  Best you get the app downloaded bud!

I have just received an email from Int  Inv that i have pasted below. I think it is saying the cut off date is 31st March.

Dear Investor,

We are contacting you because you have an outstanding shareholder benefit request for an upcoming cruise logged on our system.

Carnival have recently changed the process for applications to their shareholder benefit scheme, meaning Interactive Investor are no longer able to process on-board perk requests on behalf of clients.  

Carnival have confirmed that shareholders who wish to receive their on-board perk are now required to upload proof of share ownership through a mobile application called Stockperks, and they have provided the following link with further details:

https://www.stockperks.com/carnivalcorp

Interactive Investor do not have a relationship with Stockperks, and this is not an endorsement of their app or service.

Quarterly Statements detailing shares held on an account, and Contract Notes documenting share purchases, can be found in the Document History section of your online account. Individual proof of holding documents can also be requested via secure message or phone call, for clients who purchased their shares more recently than their most recent statement.

All outstanding requests up to March 31st, 2024, have been submitted to their respective cruise provider for consideration; however, clients may still be required to upload their own proof of holding to the Stockperks app going forward.

We trust the information provided above is clear and helpful, however please contact us by secure message if you require further clarification.

Kind regards,

interactive investor

2 hours ago, stephenSJ said:

I have just received an email from Int  Inv that i have pasted below. I think it is saying the cut off date is 31st March.

Dear Investor,

We are contacting you because you have an outstanding shareholder benefit request for an upcoming cruise logged on our system.

Carnival have recently changed the process for applications to their shareholder benefit scheme, meaning Interactive Investor are no longer able to process on-board perk requests on behalf of clients.  

Carnival have confirmed that shareholders who wish to receive their on-board perk are now required to upload proof of share ownership through a mobile application called Stockperks, and they have provided the following link with further details:

https://www.stockperks.com/carnivalcorp

Interactive Investor do not have a relationship with Stockperks, and this is not an endorsement of their app or service.

Quarterly Statements detailing shares held on an account, and Contract Notes documenting share purchases, can be found in the Document History section of your online account. Individual proof of holding documents can also be requested via secure message or phone call, for clients who purchased their shares more recently than their most recent statement.

All outstanding requests up to March 31st, 2024, have been submitted to their respective cruise provider for consideration; however, clients may still be required to upload their own proof of holding to the Stockperks app going forward.

We trust the information provided above is clear and helpful, however please contact us by secure message if you require further clarification.

Kind regards,

interactive investor

My shares are also with ii and I have similarly found that their responses have been less than sympathetic.

Their website and App are also not particularly user friendly when it comes to downloading adequate proof of ownership documentation,  and their December quarterly statements are only now available.

If ii do not have a relationship with stockperks, I wonder how stockperks are going validate our continued ownership without requiring us to provide regular updated statements?

10 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

If ii do not have a relationship with stockperks, I wonder how stockperks are going validate our continued ownership without requiring us to provide regular updated statements?

If you don’t have an updated statement, how do you prove that you currently OWN the shares.

Brian

46 minutes ago, BrianI said:

If you don’t have an updated statement, how do you prove that you currently OWN the shares.

Brian

I can produce one but it requires an enormous amount of redacting to eliminate the other investments.

It took me two tries to get the Stockperks app happy with my application but I applied for obc for a cruise in April this morning and got confirmation it had been applied to my account in 10 minutes!   I am impressed (especially with myself) as I am an ancient luddite!   😀

• Like 2

I have just been told by P&O in the UK that validation of share certificates by Stockperks has slipped from the advised two working days to five.

P&O also tells me that when they have received validation from Stockperks the passenger no longer has to apply for shareholder benefits for a particular cruise by email or online through the portal because it will be automatically applied to future bookings.  Does this sound right or believeable?

4 minutes ago, RJChatsworth said:

P&O also tells me that when they have received validation from Stockperks the passenger no longer has to apply for shareholder benefits for a particular cruise by email or online through the portal because it will be automatically applied to future bookings.  Does this sound right or believeable?

I was under the impression that you have to apply through Stockperks for every cruise but you only have to provide validation once.

2 hours ago, RJChatsworth said:

I have just been told by P&O in the UK that validation of share certificates by Stockperks has slipped from the advised two working days to five.

My guess would be that this is a slight misunderstanding.  Now that my shareholder certificate has been validated it would seem that my benefits are always available and I just need to put cruise number in. Perhaps the implication is that you don't have to reapply once the 3 months validation has dropped off like most other holders through brokers will need to.

• Like 1

I am still waiting for my Sly Princess OBC claim to be applied, after a Feb 2nd claim.

As regards future claims, I am assuming that for everyone, whether certificated or broker nominee shareholders, all that will be needed is to fill out a redemption claim online through the stockperks app, and stockperks will do all validation checks. 

Applied today to Stockperks on their web site for actual shareholder OBC for upcoming cruise.  Very simple, had to put cruise booking ref, my name, DoB, email address and date (month/date/year) of cruise.  Received an immediate response to say it would be applied within 5 working days.

I noticed on the web site that our share certificate had been accepted for all Carnival brands.

Simples - I hope!!