RCI sponsorship expands… first football ⚽️ now Eurovision 🎶

Posted (edited)

https://www.ttgmedia.com/cruise/royal-caribbean-to-partner-with-eurovision-song-contest-for-2024-and-2025-44042

What a way to get the brand out there and attract new business with such a huge TV 📺 audience. 

For Americans who have never heard of it… The Eurovision Song Contest 2023 reached 162 million people over the 3 live shows. Australia are even entering these days. 

Edited by little britain
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

• little britain changed the title to RCI sponsorship expands… first football ⚽️ now Eurovision 🎶

Hello,

I think it means whoever comes last will be given a contract as ship's resident band for a season (or until everyone has forgotten about them - hopefully).

Regards,

Cublet

• Haha 3

19 hours ago, sowhat said:

The masked singer  and now this, they must be desperate  for sales.

Eurovision has been around for a long time and is very popular in Europe.  ABBA won in 1974.  Almost all large companies sponsor something.  I mean, how many venues are just named after people or locations anymore?  Fedex Field, AT&T Stadium,  and many more.   Not to mention the wallpaper of company names on race cars.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

Its in direct competition with MSC. They are a major F1 sponsor.......and far more MSC adds on UK tv then royal. not as much as P&O......

Hello,

Last night's 'Cruising with Susan Calman' and Jane McDonald touring the Canaries merged into one in my mind (under the influence of a bottle of Crémant d'Alsace - also available in MSC's Champagne Bar). But whichever, or both, was sponsored by MSC Cruises according to a footnote on the screen.

Regards,

Cublet

Thats an interesting move

19 hours ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

Its in direct competition with MSC. They are a major F1 sponsor.......and far more MSC adds on UK tv then royal. 

Not just in the UK, we were in New York last Easter before a cruise on Anthem and MSC advertising was everywhere.

Every time we turned the TV on in the hotel there was an advert, they had the biggest billboard in Time Square and they sponsored the Knicks basketball game we attended. We were all given MSC hats and our son was given MSC chocolate.

They even had adverts on the side of the road to Cape Liberty....

48 minutes ago, cublet said:

Hello,

Last night's 'Cruising with Susan Calman' and Jane McDonald touring the Canaries merged into one in my mind (under the influence of a bottle of Crémant d'Alsace - also available in MSC's Champagne Bar). But whichever, or both, was sponsored by MSC Cruises according to a footnote on the screen.

Regards,

Cublet

It was Jane McDonald, we commented on it too. We've thought for the last few years that MSC are going for RCL's share of the market in the UK. Doing a good job too IMO.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, kernow said:

It was Jane McDonald, we commented on it too. We've thought for the last few years that MSC are going for RCL's share of the market in the UK. Doing a good job too IMO.

Also their ships were used and very recognisable in the new-ish drama series set on a cruise ship, 'The good ship murder'

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Also their ships were used and very recognisable in the new-ish drama series set on a cruise ship, 'The good ship murder'

Yes, it was all filmed on Virtuosa, we didn't think much of the drama but watched it anyway just to spot places we recognised on the ship😄

• Like 2

5 hours ago, kernow said:

Hello,

Given the old rust-bucket being sent over in 2025 and the poor - and repetitive - itineraries, I don't think that MSC need to try too hard.

Regards,

Cublet

• Like 3

If RCL wants to gain back marketshare in europe lost to MSC and co they have to increase their media presence there. Not to mention they will need to bring back more ships and more creative itinararies on top of that to compete.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, LXA350 said:

If RCL wants to gain back marketshare in europe lost to MSC and co they have to increase their media presence there. Not to mention they will need to bring back more ships and more creative itinararies on top of that to compete.

Hello,

And I think selling their on-line TA was a mistake.

Regards,

Cublet

9 minutes ago, la_croisiere_s'amuse said:

As one of the relatively few Americans who actually watches Eurovision ... I think this is fantastic! 😊

My brother and I have stayed in the UK several times during Eurovision.  Will just miss the final (5/11) this year.  Doing a TA, then staying post-cruise outside Barcelona, but flying home on Friday, 5/10.

8 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

My brother and I have stayed in the UK several times during Eurovision.  Will just miss the final (5/11) this year.  Doing a TA, then staying post-cruise outside Barcelona, but flying home on Friday, 5/10.

Aw, that's unfortunate timing. But if you have Peacock, they stream it live now!

On 1/6/2024 at 12:44 AM, FamilyCruiserUK said:

Its in direct competition with MSC. They are a major F1 sponsor.......and far more MSC adds on UK tv then royal. not as much as P&O......

The P&O ads rarely show anything about the ship. You would have no idea of what the ships look like or the facilites etc… just a family drinking in a beach somewhere!!

Agree MSC are everywhere! I also noticed the huge ad in Times Square last year. 

8 hours ago, kernow said:

Yes, it was all filmed on Virtuosa, we didn't think much of the drama but watched it anyway just to spot places we recognised on the ship😄

Agree, it wasn't that good.  

• 4 weeks later...

🎤LET EUROPE ENTERTAIN YOU🎤

#RoyalCaribbean are loudly and proudly sponsoring #Eurovision2024 and you can join in on the action! 🙌

On selected Europe 2024 sailings, you can be wowed with incredible on-board activities such as themed trivia quiz nights, Eurovision karaoke takeovers and themed dance classes plus loads more! 

That's not all! You'll also get to watch the final of this year's #Eurovision in style at the Grand Finale Party and enjoy live performances while battling it out, country vs country, before crowning the winner! 👑

PLUS! If you book today, you can take advantage of up to an incredible $600 FREE to spend on-board on WHATEVER you want (Eurovision merch included! 😉

The cruises to book ( or to avoid!) are 

Oasis and Odyssey 5/5

Anthem 5/10

Explorer 5/11

19 minutes ago, little britain said:

🎤LET EUROPE ENTERTAIN YOU🎤

#RoyalCaribbean are loudly and proudly sponsoring #Eurovision2024 and you can join in on the action! 🙌

On selected Europe 2024 sailings, you can be wowed with incredible on-board activities such as themed trivia quiz nights, Eurovision karaoke takeovers and themed dance classes plus loads more! 

That's not all! You'll also get to watch the final of this year's #Eurovision in style at the Grand Finale Party and enjoy live performances while battling it out, country vs country, before crowning the winner! 👑

PLUS! If you book today, you can take advantage of up to an incredible $600 FREE to spend on-board on WHATEVER you want (Eurovision merch included! 😉

The cruises to book ( or to avoid!) are 

Oasis and Odyssey 5/5

Anthem 5/10

Explorer 5/11

We'll be getting off Oasis on 5/5.  And heading back to the US on 5/10.

Have watched Eurovision while traveling in the UK or Ireland for the past several years.

Edited by Another_Critic