Liberty questions for possible cruise

Hi all,

we have been debating what long weekend cruise to take to celebrate a family member’s 86th birthday this spring.

we really wanted allure for Central Park, in addition to all the live music, mama mia and the diving show.

the price has significantly gone up for just a 3 night cruise.  Between the price and traveling from south Florida to cape Canaveral, we are now leaning towards the Liberty from Miami.

has anyone been on the Liberty lately?  How is the live music, and how are the two shows - Saturday night fever and the ice show?  Is this still a good ship for a few hundred dollars less than the same allure 3 night sailing?  A family member is concerned that this is an even older ship than the Allure.

Curious how peoples experiences have been for anyone who has recently sailed on the Liberty of the seas or both the Liberty of the sSea as and allure of the seas.

Thanks!

I've done liberty quite a lot and felt she showed her age. That being said some in texas still say she is their favorite, just the right size. Elevators seems to constantly break. I liked where the crown lounge is. 

I wasnt a highe fan of the musical. It's like west side story with some side steps. Not bad, not as good as mama mia of course. 

Just have to make it what you want. Ignore the little things you can ignore.

We were just on Liberty in October for her Canada NE itinerary and she was in great shape. I wouldn't hesitate to book her. Her ice show was very good...however can't comment on any of the other shows as we aren't interested in them any longer but heard they were good from those onboard.

Entertainment is not as good as oasis class , but still lots of entertainment play is good , great ice show, normally great music in other venues like schooners and pub . 

We were just on her in December, had a really good time!  There is some wear- more noticeable in some place than others.

WRT SNF- if you like the Bee Gees, you will enjoy it.  The story is rather thin, but it's also not all that long- so the characters can't really be developed too much.  

Ice show is great.  

BTW, if you are on the 4 night cruise, they do the aerial show, as well.  

Totally get the want for an Oasis ship, though.  We were on Symphony the week after Liberty....  (and Allure in Feb).  

• Like 1

I was on the Liberty and everyone loved the Sat Night live.

And in the back, Liberty has the only raft ride that goes up high and then comes down.

Look it up as the other two Freedom class do not have this ride.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

I was on the Liberty and everyone loved the Sat Night live.

And in the back, Liberty has the only raft ride that goes up high and then comes down.

Look it up as the other two Freedom class do not have this ride.

We were on in December and the raft ride was tons of fun!