1st Time Offered an upgrade bid Coral Princess

We'll also have carry-ons. Not sure about backpacks yet. We have a couple of super-light ones that permanently live in our main spinner bags. They are good for excursions with a lot of bus travel where we just want to take water bottles and light stuff but they aren't so good for any tours involving a fair bit of walking so I suspect one of our better backpacks will come along with us. 

I do like the idea of dropping all but carry-ons down to the OPT early. That's very feasible for us. I was getting a bit worried about how we would get them all down there. We'd need a maxi-Uber for us and the bags otherwise.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

If I was doing a WC from my home port, I would certainly be taking more changes of clothes rather than recycling through the same 4 outfits for the whole cruise.

Yeah, that would be as bad as just taking a carry-on on an overseas trip of any length.

10 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Yeah, that would be as bad as just taking a carry-on on an overseas trip of any length.

We just took carry on for our last trip as we were flying jetstar (7kgs each). We managed it easily as it was Uluru for 4 days, and the weather is hot, it is in Australia, etc We wouldn't be able to do that for an international trip, even if we increased to 10kgs each, we would likely struggle.

5 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

We just took carry on for our last trip as we were flying jetstar (7kgs each). We managed it easily as it was Uluru for 4 days, and the weather is hot, it is in Australia, etc We wouldn't be able to do that for an international trip, even if we increased to 10kgs each, we would likely struggle.

We managed three days in Melbourne with just our carry-ons once, and it was winter, although we wore our heaviest clothes on the plane. It was a squeeze! Actually it sometimes surprises me what I can fit in my carry-on but certainly not enough of the type of clothes I prefer for longer than a couple of days.

Whilst none of us won, the good news is that Powerball has jackpotted to $100M in the next draw & we have a 'chance' to win that 🙂 Should be able to have a decent get-together for that!!

• Like 2