Coco Beach Club Prices - Oh, My!

We reserved the Beach Club on our first post-COVID cruise as a treat to ourselves for about $80./pp.  It was barely worth that, in my opinion.  On our upcoming Adventure cruise in May, it is priced at $337/pp.  When I told my husband, he asked, "Have they added hookers of something?" 😀

• Haha 24

Just now, schooner_Drinker said:

Hideous,  I mean hideaway beach is the new cheap option 

$38.99

For some sailings depending on the ship and month

Pizza and a DJ and no Kids - Bargain

CocoCay beach club max for us $125.00

So I am glad we got to do 5/6 times before Liberty and his henchman came in and gauged the cruise market.

(I know if people keep paying, prices will go up)

Well this customer no longer pays Liberty  prices

No more for us, Royal priced us out and we are not frugal - but we have limits 

Nancy 🥃

I got Hideaway for less than $20  😄 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

That's Insane!    Unfortunately, people will pay it!  At that price they should be giving away all you can eat lobster😁

Actually they will let you have as many as you want

We had the Beach Club booked in Sept 2020 for $72.99 then it went on sale for $63.99 of course the cruise was canceled...
My next cruise to CocoCay after the restart was with my Sister in May 2022. The prices were about $150-$175. She wasn't interested and I wasn't thrilled with the pricing.
My Next cruise going to CocoCay is next month. It has been hovering around $250 With the BF Sale at $175. 

As much as I tried to justify it, I couldn't!!
When I told my DH about it he said It is not worth it!! 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

I got Hideaway for less than $20  😄 

At gunpoint?

🤣

I know how you did it but I think that train has left the station. How quickly the prices escalate. This is going to be a hot thread.

• Haha 1

Just now, Sunshine3601 said:

Didn't know you could have as many as you wanted as we have only ever had two during lunch.  That was plenty.

Agreed, by the third day of a cruise, the initial food wave starts to dissipate. One can only eat so much before surrendering to the "I am stuffed", must....make....it....to...the ......lounger....for...a.....siesta.

Shades of the scenes from Wall-E movie.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

25 minutes ago, schooner_Drinker said:

Watching my weight 🦞 these days, and on a mission - 

Nancy 🥃

Then we both must stop cruising to achieve our missions. Watching your weight while cruising is a mighty task which is not for the feint-hearted.

I try not to put "too" much weight on in one week. I have yet to maintain or lose weight. Should you achieve your mission, I believe your book about it will be a best seller and make you a cruise favorite on your book selling tour.

I cannot wait to read it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Engineroom Snipe said:

Then we both must stop cruising to achieve our missions. Watching your weight while cruising is a mighty task which is not for the feint-hearted.

I try not to put "too" much weight on in one week. I have yet to maintain or lose weight. Should you achieve your mission, I believe your book about it will be a best seller and make you a cruise favorite on your book selling tour.

I cannot wait to read it.

Step 1:  Tell the waiters not to put the bread basket on your table.  EVER.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

We have never been to Coco Cay and wanted to try the Beach Club at least once. With that in mind, the cheapest price for our visits on our B2B cruises was $149 pp, I know it's out of line compared to "the good ol' days", but we don't plan on doing it ever again, so it's worth it to us.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

For our upcoming Icon cruise this March (2024), it's a whopping, insane $274 per person. That's $548 for 2 people! LOL! I mean, c'com man! You've got to be kidding me! Luckily, we all have the freedom of choice! We choose to NOT purchase this 🙂.

image.thumb.png.830166d0d161a88a58b7ad0cd04d5ad0.png

Edited by mramella
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Step 1:  Tell the waiters not to put the bread basket on your table.  EVER.

We have learned that not allowing a bread basket is a great start to watching your weight. Or my husband will request one breadstick or just one pretzel roll. 

12 hours ago, handbellplayer said:

We reserved the Beach Club on our first post-COVID cruise as a treat to ourselves for about $80./pp.  It was barely worth that, in my opinion.  On our upcoming Adventure cruise in May, it is priced at $337/pp.  When I told my husband, he asked, "Have they added hookers of something?" 😀

Are you sure you aren't confusing Coco Beach Day Pass and Hideaway Beach Day Pass? On my October sailing, I show Coco Beach at $274 and Hideaway at $65, which seem more in line with your numbers.

9 minutes ago, hapster85 said:

Are you sure you aren't confusing Coco Beach Day Pass and Hideaway Beach Day Pass? On my October sailing, I show Coco Beach at $274 and Hideaway at $65, which seem more in line with your numbers.

The last time we were at CocoCay Beach Club Sept 2023 we paid $79 pp.   Prior to covid we were paying around $50 pp.

A future sailing in March the black friday sale was just under $100 and day pass for Hideaway was $19

What they are charging nowadays is crazy high!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mramella said:

For our upcoming Icon cruise this March (2024), it's a whopping, insane $274 per person. That's $548 for 2 people! LOL! I mean, c'com man! You've got to be kidding me! Luckily, we all have the freedom of choice! We choose to NOT purchase this 🙂.

image.thumb.png.830166d0d161a88a58b7ad0cd04d5ad0.png

You mentioned an "Icon" cruise. I believe that all of the prices associated with an Icon cruise are going to be significantly higher for at least three years as cruisers want to experience the newer ships of the fleet. RCI knows that these cruisers have already shown they are willing to pay a premium for this cruise experience. They are just testing what the market will bear.

Another poster in a different thread presented a great observation, "Why do I want to pay for water-park tickets when I am on a ship that boast the biggest water park available on a ship?"

I would stay on the Icon and have a much better experience due to the large amount of people getting off the boat at Coco Bay.

I love Coco Bay and enjoy it immensely without spending any additional money.

With so much to explore on a new class vessel, I would stay on board for no charge and use the heck out of the water park onboard instead of paying $130 to $180 per person to stand in line at the water park on the island.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Engineroom Snipe said:

You mentioned an "Icon" cruise. I believe that all of the prices associated with an Icon cruise are going to be significantly higher for at least three years as cruisers want to experience the newer ships of the fleet. RCI knows that these cruisers have already shown they are willing to pay a premium for this cruise experience. They are just testing what the market will bear.

Another poster in a different thread presented a great observation, "Why do I want to pay for water-park tickets when I am on a ship that boast the biggest water park available on a ship?"

I would stay on the Icon and have a much better experience due to the large amount of people getting off the boat at Coco Bay.

I love Coco Bay and enjoy it immensely without spending any additional money.

With so much to explore on a new class vessel, I would stay on board for no charge and use the heck out of the water park onboard instead of paying $130 to $180 per person to stand in line at the water park on the island.

Agree. Interestig when someone posts price on here from Icon or even Oasis Class and I'm there next day on Radiance Class and mine is listed for 1/2 or 1/4 what they paying

• Thanks 1

Right now on our freedom cruise in August some of the cabanas on the water are going for literally MORE than we paid for the entire 7night cruise in a JS. I guess some people make more money than they know what to do with. And there will always be people who love to   brag about how much they spent.  I person think it's foolish. 

I can see a better restaurant if that's your thing, or the drink package if that's your thing but spending thousands extra is insane to a people like us who work our butts off to make a living. 

I did get the key to try but got it super cheap. And we got a classic soda and a Refreshment package. To each their own but as long as crazy people spend crazy money the cruise companies will continue to increase those prices.

• Like 3