Upgrade offer COUNTERED; any better chance?

So we’re sailing in an interior and bid for an upgrade to obstructed balcony..got an email from upgrade system saying “counter offer” for a deluxe obstructed balcony..since the system offered this..is it a BETTER chance that we actually get the upgrade?

4 minutes ago, Amy G said:

Not sure if you are given a better chance, but we also received a counteroffer in July and got it within a week!

Fingers crossed! We’ve always wanted a deluxe balcony as it provides a LOT more space in the room

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KarmaCruisers said:

So we’re sailing in an interior and bid for an upgrade to obstructed balcony..got an email from upgrade system saying “counter offer” for a deluxe obstructed balcony..since the system offered this..is it a BETTER chance that we actually get the upgrade?

YES.

This means they have a cabin for you, if you agree to the counter offer. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, startedwithamouse said:

YES.

This means they have a cabin for you, if you agree to the counter offer. 

Siiiick! $30 a piece is DEFINITELY worth it for the extra space! (We order room service and usually have to eat it in bed as there’s no other real place to “sit”

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, KarmaCruisers said:

Siiiick! $30 a piece is DEFINITELY worth it for the extra space! (We order room service and usually have to eat it in bed as there’s no other real place to “sit”

Remember you can order room service to be delivered to anywhere on the ship too!

26 minutes ago, Greysandy said:

Thanks for the information everyone. I just got an upgrade offer for our Solar Eclipse cruise from an interior. We would be happy with any upgrade.

Keep in mind that an upgrade offer and a *counter* offer are two different things.  @KarmaCruisers made an initial offer and apparently has made it through the initial "screening", acceptance or whatever you want to call it.  MANY people get "upgrade" offers...that's not a guarantee that you will be upgraded.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruisequeen4ever said:

I had not heard of anyone getting a counter offer before; that’s great! Hope you get it!

I'd be curious to see the counter offer email.   I bid on 4 different cabin upgrades, and two weeks ago I received an email saying my bid was too low, and if I doubled the bid I would be #1 on the "list".  I declined, because my initial bid was already far above the minimum suggested bid, and even if I doubled it I didn't want to get into a bidding war because I assumed that if I received this email, so did everybody else bidding on the same category.  

Nothing in my email read to me as a counter offer, but just an opportunity to increase my bid with no guarantee that dozens of other people were not also given the same option.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Keep in mind that an upgrade offer and a *counter* offer are two different things.  @KarmaCruisers made an initial offer and apparently has made it through the initial "screening", acceptance or whatever you want to call it.  MANY people get "upgrade" offers...that's not a guarantee that you will be upgraded.

It usually means the guest didn't bid on a higher priced cabin initially.  That's when the counter offer with a DIFFERENT CATEGORY comes into play.  This has happened to us and we responded immediately and were given a completely different cabin category that we initially bid on. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

"We have reviewed the availability for upgrades on your upcoming cruise and unfortunately we are unable to accept your offer. However, we would like to offer you the alternate opportunity detailed below:"

The difference was only $10 pp. 

We originally bid on a standard obstructed balcony.  

The counter offer was a minisuite.

The grey was my original offer. The blue was their counter offer. 

Screenshot 2024-01-09 1.03.57 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-01-09 1.06.52 PM.png

Edited by startedwithamouse
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

"We have reviewed the availability for upgrades on your upcoming cruise and unfortunately we are unable to accept your offer. However, we would like to offer you the alternate opportunity detailed below:"

I would love this! Great counter offer.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

Thanks for posting this, this was definitely not what I received.  Seems like there are 4 different initial responses, a decline, an accept, a counter or a "suggestion" to increase your bid.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

Looks like this is from the bidding process managed by a third party.  Nice feature.

4 hours ago, Stosh68 said:

Thanks for posting this, this was definitely not what I received.  Seems like there are 4 different initial responses, a decline, an accept, a counter or a "suggestion" to increase your bid.

Was the counter you received on a category you didn't bid on?  That's what this offer is for.