Panama Cruise LA to Miami vs Miami to LA

Does anyone have experience with this itinerary and did you find that the seas on the Pacific Coast were rough? I ask because I am trying to be conscious of not selecting a route that is usually rough, since I am prone to seasickness. (Of course I understand that there are no guarantees.)

Thanks for sharing your experiences. 

16 minutes ago, maria33 said:

Does anyone have experience with this itinerary and did you find that the seas on the Pacific Coast were rough? I ask because I am trying to be conscious of not selecting a route that is usually rough, since I am prone to seasickness. (Of course I understand that there are no guarantees.)

Spent many months sailing these waters over the years, both working and as a pax. The Pacific Ocean can be rough at any time.

Generally the worst area is the Gulf of Tehuantepec, which is south of Acapulco. We experienced strong winds and seas almost every crossing, both northbound and southbound.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, maria33 said:

Since you title your post “LA to Miami vs Miami to LA” it is obvious that both routes will be partially “on the Pacific Coast”  - what’s the difference?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, maria33 said:

My one Panama Canal crossing was from Miami to LA (Long Beach) back in January 2018 on the Carnival Splendor.  I don't remember it being especially rocky on the Pacific side, but perhaps I put all those bad memories out of my mind.

I'd like to do a west coast to east coast crossing of the PC sometime.  It's not on my bucket list, just a "nice to do" when I find the time and $$$.

Here's a picture from one of our stops on the Pacific side on that cruise back in 2018:

IMG_20180122_154805905.thumb.jpg.67962b3345bad372afd8f4bf40856713.jpg