2026 Cruises?

RTP2914

6 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

Glad you are trying out new Crystal and what a great itinerary.  I was pleased to see several voyages of Japan.

Welcome.

Keith

Thank you Keith for your welcome - your posts have been helpful over a long period in engaging me in all things Crystal.

Our first cruise on Crystal has had a lengthier gestation period than an Elephant. We had two cruises booked on 'old Crystal' which were cancelled due to the Genting debacle (although we eventually boarded Endeavour under the Silversea flag last Autumn).

And then we find a perfect itinerary for us on 'new Crystal' but have to wait almost two years for the experience !

If ever the quote 'good things come to those who wait' is appropriate then this must be it ! (although I believe that President Lincoln suffixed this with something about hustle !). 

I wish you well from ... KEITH - from The Cotswolds, England ! 

• Like 6

We just booked the 21 night Tokyo R/T April 18/26. Been wanting to add Japan to our bucket list for a long time, and this one ticked all the boxes!! 🙂 Being able to access the Agent site, I was surprised just how heavily this one is already booked, after three days, in the higher categories. If you are thinking about it, you should maybe think sooner than later!

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

I booked the 2026 March 13th cruise from Manila to Iichon on Sy;mphony.  I got the cabin I wanted too!  I'm very happy to be able to visit lots of new ports on this voyage.  I've been to Hong Kong many times but its been over 20 years since I've been there so I'm sure there will be lots of new things to see.   I am also interested in visiting more of Japan but that will have to wait for another year.

Edited by USCAdventurer
  • Like 2

We have booked Lisbon to Lisbon in June 2026 on Serenity.

This will be our first time on Serenity as we have previously done 15 cruises on Symphony.

Will we notice a difference ?

3 hours ago, USCAdventurer said:

I booked the 2026 March 13th cruise from Manila to Iichon on Sy;mphony.  I got the cabin I wanted too!  I'm very happy to be able to visit lots of new ports on this voyage.  I've been to Hong Kong many times but its been over 20 years since I've been there so I'm sure there will be lots of new things to see.   I am also interested in visiting more of Japan but that will have to wait for another year.

You will not recognize HK. We have been there every 3/4 years for 40 years and it is always a new experience. The skyline is ever changing but the food always remains outstanding. 

3 hours ago, Cruisecyp said:

This will be our first time on Serenity as we have previously done 15 cruises on Symphony.

The Bistro has the food along the inside wall.

The Promenade deck has no steps down from deck seven.

Serenity has Stardust aft on deck six, while Symphony has Starlite midship deck six. 

Umi Uma and Osteria locations are a bit different.

Hollywood Theatre has a front and a rear entrances on Serenity, rather than two front entrances on Symphony.

Those are the ones that come to mind.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Cruisecyp said:

There are differences. Some like one ship over the other while others like both.

Major differences are a wider outdoor promenade deck, one more deck, two paddle tennis courts versus one, a larger galaxy showroom on Serenity. Symphony has startlite where they do more activities and is more visible and IMHO a more animate and better layout for the Avenue Saloon.

Serenity has pods and to me a bit more stable than Symphony in rough seas.

In both cases the entertainment, enrichment, service, cuisine, are very consistent across both ships.

We enjoy both ships. We've sailed Serenity more because of the World Cruises we did for many years.

Keith

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/30/2024 at 6:14 AM, Cruisecyp said:

I like the public spaces on the Symphony better. Less compartmentalized

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, juicyjuju said:

Can anyone reference me to the summary for the rest of 2026? I can't find it

The rest of 2026 is apparently not going to be released until December.

• Like 1

I don't know who may be listening, but I almost booked a luxury cruise and then read the reviews...those that are in the service industry should know how much positive reviews count to a lot of people spending lots of money

On 8/27/2024 at 3:44 PM, RLK33853 said:

Just booked an Aquamarine on Serenity from Los Angeles to Auckland in January, 2026 - six cabins were available and we put one on hold while we decided.  Fast forward 30 minutes and the other 5 were gone.  The Crystal rep told our travel agent that bookings are very busy today.

We did same plus the next leg to Melbourne.I think there were lots of holds on the first day.  There were about 15 available today 5 forwards and 10 mid/aft. Lucked out and got the same cabin for both B2B bookings.

6 hours ago, PaulMCO said:

We did same plus the next leg to Melbourne.I think there were lots of holds on the first day.  There were about 15 available today 5 forwards and 10 mid/aft. Lucked out and got the same cabin for both B2B bookings.

My sense is that is the case for some other selected cruises possibly because some TA's thought certain ones would be attractive for their clients as I could see certain categories waitlisted on some voyages after we booked only a couple f days later not showing waitlist.

We've seen this before in prior years too or for that matter for last years inaugural cruise on Serenity.

Keith

• Like 2