Celebration! / Live! / Solo? Jan-14-21-2024 The Tribe Cruise!

Once that champagne was gone and I had the pizza, it was all downhill from there... Not that I was sick or anything, I just decided it was bedtime. In fact, I've probably slept for half of this entire cruise. Today's the penultimate day, so I've gotta try and make something out of it...

• Like 14

I'm not sure about how other people dream, but for me it's 3D surround sound widescreen cinema... My dreams have plots, motifs, allegory, plot twists, and often feature people from my past whom I haven't seen in years... Decades... Last night there were several... One of them featured one of my old cars from when my daughter was first born back in 1991. It was a 1988 Datsun 280zx turbo with t tops, and it was pretty nice for a young man like myself at the time. I wish that I could get that thing back somehow... 

Another one was at my old job, and I was for whatever reason working with the owners son, who's even more OCD than me in real life, and that's a lot... We had received this shipment of tool boxes from China, but they were made of aluminum foil, and the tools inside were so heavy that they destroyed all the boxes. 

The human brain is a strange mysterious thing... Hopefully mine comes halfway back to life once I finish this coffee.

• Like 13
  • Haha 2

Even though this was dubbed "the Tribe cruise", I guess that it's obvious that I'm merely a Tribe of one... Nothing at all against anyone, and I'm happy to stop and chat here and there, but I'm mostly a loner, and there's not a thing in the World that can change that... Hopefully I'll end up running into some of them today.

• Like 34

Those Shaqs chicken biscuits are getting a little old. I think I'm going to try out something new to me this morning. I considered going to the MDR for sea day brunch, but I don't really feel like fighting the crowds there. I'm thinking maybe checking out Emeril's.

Screenshot_20240119-073429.png

• Like 13

3 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Even though this was dubbed "the Tribe cruise", I guess that it's obvious that I'm merely a Tribe of one... Nothing at all against anyone, and I'm happy to stop and chat here and there, but I'm mostly a loner, and there's not a thing in the World that can change that... Hopefully I'll end up running into some of them today.

Good morning sid! I'm sure we'll run into each other sometime in the next two days. I've enjoyed chatting with you and Patti thanks you profusely for the Duck! 😁

• Like 33

3 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

Good morning sid! I'm sure we'll run into each other sometime in the next two days. I've enjoyed chatting with you and Patti thanks you profusely for the Duck! 😁

Morning Mr Jamman... I usually know where I can find you at some point in the day, back at the Tides Bar... 

• Like 3
  • Haha 11

22 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Hey, nothing wrong with doing your own thing on a "Tribe cruise". Hell, I go with family, about 15 of us, and I really just see them at dinner. Last cruise I never saw my sister and her husband the entire cruise! Thats what is awesome about cruising, do your own thing and meet up here and there for a convo. I am major jealous right now as it is 6 degrees and I have been working since 6am! Wanna trade?!

• Like 15

I couldn't decide between the croissant breakfast sandwich and shrimp and grits, so I just went with both... Probably more than I'm going to eat, but I'm trying to check out new to me stuff.

PXL_20240119_131220250.jpg

• Like 14

Once upon a time, there was this very gluttonous boy. It was me. The end...

Looks like I may have grossly over ordered. There's an entire omelette just on the sandwich...

PXL_20240119_131857880.thumb.jpg.12d7de93085a1cbfe3beeb4169eb3bef.jpg

PXL_20240119_131903881.thumb.jpg.c7d4242470e78cc1cadcea7b51bd5518.jpg

PXL_20240119_131909161.jpg

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

7 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

I couldn't decide between the croissant breakfast sandwich and shrimp and grits, so I just went with both... Probably more than I'm going to eat, but I'm trying to check out new to me stuff.

PXL_20240119_131220250.jpg

If I recall correctly that croissant has a full creole omelet on it.

• Like 6

If this was one of those "man versus food" challenges, I could theoretically eat all of this, but I think it'd be a bad idea under the circumstances... 

Edited by sid_9169
  • Like 10
  • Haha 3

This shrimp and grits is the second best thing I've eaten all week, behind the roti in St Thomas yesterday... It's OFF THE CHAIN!!! My taste buds are dancing inside my mouth!...

Edited by sid_9169
  • Like 28
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Lady Hudson said:

Enjoy your two sea days.  I may be unusual but seas days are a favorite of mine.  Do you ever go to the nitely show?

I'm asleep during the nightly show...

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

I put as big a dent in breakfast as I could, but I didn't finish it by a long shot... I'm going to leave my phone here for awhile and go catch some sun or maybe sit in the hot tub... Back in a bit.........

• Like 16
  • Haha 1