Free wifi at Sydney cruise terminal?

Is there free wifi now at Sydney Cruise terminal (I know there wasn't a couple of years ago) - hoping to use it rather than my minimal data on my phone when I check in and have to show digital boarding pass in Princess Medallion

If not already answered by the 3rd of February (for the Overseas Passenger Terminal), I'll try to remember to check it out when we're they're for the day on our upcoming (and first, actually) cruise.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Colin 2905 said:

If not already answered by the 3rd of February (for the Overseas Passenger Terminal), I'll try to remember to check it out when we're they're for the day on our upcoming (and first, actually) cruise.

Enjoy your first cruise!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lorri111 said:

Is there free wifi now at Sydney Cruise terminal (I know there wasn't a couple of years ago) - hoping to use it rather than my minimal data on my phone when I check in and have to show digital boarding pass in Princess Medallion

If you were to arrive at the OPT with just your passport  and nothing else ie phone,  paper work etc you will still be checked in after a quick search on their computer.Yes it makes it easier for the them if you have “ the app “ but not necessary, plenty of guests check in without it. Everything is already in their system.

Edited by gbenjo
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

It's much easier to just open a screenshot than to try to get the idiotic Princess app to co-operate.

How true!

The OP would like WI-FI in the terminal for check-in, so no to be using mobile data.

As Julie has mentioned above, just take a screen shot of your boarding pass. Open the image from your gallery and they can scan that for a quick check-in. Works a treat,

• Like 1

21 hours ago, arxcards said:

The OP would like WI-FI in the terminal for check-in, so no to be using mobile data.

Yes, I did know that, but thought the info on free wifi at Circular Quay might be useful for others.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, BuzzBuzzen said:

Just wondering, if you have a ship's wifi package , would this extend coverage to into the terminal ? Cheers, Buzz.

You don't need an internet package to connect the app to the ship wi-fi. I could get the ships' wifi signal in the terminal, but it wouldn't let me log-in to their network until after we had checked-in.