Drink prices

macaroni

The standard FAS package is anything up to $15.00. Anything above that, you pay the difference, plus gratuity on the difference.

Personally, we've never had a problem quenching our thirst under the basic package. YMMV...

• Like 2

We have always found lots to drink under the package price of $15...however there is always something I like to try that is above that cost...mainly scotch or bourbon...you just pay the difference plus gratuity. 

just think, all the ice cold heineken, chivas and mojitos you can drink and at no additional charge.

what coulld be better than that?

My wife, however, is p***ed off, as they raised the price of Baileys to $16, and just out of principal, she refuses to pay the extra money. they offer an alternative that tastes just as good. However, sometimes if we're in the MDR, I need to finish the meal with an Irish Coffee and Baileys just seems to fit right in

• Like 1

16 hours ago, macaroni said:

What’s the price limit on the package drink? Can u just pay the difference if it’s more?

thanks!

The package pays the first $15 of any drink. You pay the difference plus 20% gratuity on the difference. Unless you want top shelf liquor, the free package is more than adequate. 

IMG_3692.jpeg

IMG_3693.jpeg

IMG_3694.jpeg

IMG_3696.jpeg

IMG_3697.jpeg

IMG_3698.jpeg

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

The package pays the first $15 of any drink. You pay the difference plus 20% gratuity on the difference. Unless you want top shelf liquor, the free package is more than adequate. 

IMG_3692.jpeg

IMG_3693.jpeg

IMG_3694.jpeg

IMG_3696.jpeg

IMG_3697.jpeg

IMG_3698.jpeg

Thanks!

There's nothing I think I'd want outside of these choices.

Bulliet, Buffalo Trace, 1792, Tangurey, Bombay Sapphire, Kettle One, Titos, Blue Moon, Stella, Peroni.

9 hours ago, complawyer said:

My wife, however, is p***ed off, as they raised the price of Baileys to $16, and just out of principal, she refuses to pay the extra money. they offer an alternative that tastes just as good.

Correct, the alternative Irish Cream is just about as good...although I don't see it listed in the menus @BirdTravelsposted. Hope they still have it somewhere on the ship. 

As stated elsewhere, the beer choices are pretty pathetic, unless you're on a ship with a District Brewhouse.

On 1/13/2024 at 10:20 AM, schmoopie17 said:

Correct, the alternative Irish Cream is just about as good...although I don't see it listed in the menus @BirdTravelsposted. Hope they still have it somewhere on the ship. 

Maloney's, ask for it by name.

47 minutes ago, RedwingHockeyFan said:

OMG Ten High Bourbon is absolute trash lol.  $23 for Woodford is excessive, but the Woodford Old Fashioned in Maltings used to be under $15 which is interesting. 

Buffalo Trace and 1792 small batch are both quite good!  Agree about Ten High!

3 hours ago, shoptom said:

Maloney's, ask for it by name.

not only have i never heard anyone ask for this brand by name; i've never even heard of this brand!

on NCL ships i've been on, they have been pouring carolans instead of bailey's. nobody asks for it by name, though. they ask for bailey's. they're told of the up-charge. they they ask, "what else you got?"  then they acquiesce to the non-bailey's brand. 

if i'm going to pay extra (above the standard drink package), it wouldn't be for bailey's... i'd go for amarula. it's a cream liqueur from south africa. sweet, but more complex than bailey's with a fruity undertone (one of the ingredients is the fruit of the marula tree). it tastes a little bit like liquid dulce de leche.

26 minutes ago, UKstages said:

not only have i never heard anyone ask for this brand by name; i've never even heard of this brand!

on NCL ships i've been on, they have been pouring carolans instead of bailey's. nobody asks for it by name, though. they ask for bailey's. they're told of the up-charge. they they ask, "what else you got?"  then they acquiesce to the non-bailey's brand. 

if i'm going to pay extra (above the standard drink package), it wouldn't be for bailey's... i'd go for amarula. it's a cream liqueur from south africa. sweet, but more complex than bailey's with a fruity undertone (one of the ingredients is the fruit of the marula tree). it tastes a little bit like liquid dulce de leche.

They did have Maloney's back in November, but that was in Haven. Not sure what the bars outside of Haven had as I didn't order an Espresso Martini from anywhere else which is why Maloney's was added to my drink. It was still yummy, though I'm going to have to check out this Amarula stuff. 

3 hours ago, RedwingHockeyFan said:

OMG Ten High Bourbon is absolute trash lol.  $23 for Woodford is excessive, but the Woodford Old Fashioned in Maltings used to be under $15 which is interesting. 

(Woodford old Fashion) I believe they still do it was there on my last cruise within a year ago. But that was the only place you can get it.

• Like 1