EZ Air

love to cruz

We took early payment for our air fare May 4 to London. Yesterday I found a lower price by nearly $500 & changed our flight. My question is: what will happen with the nearly $500 we saved? This is nearly 4 months away still. The Princess EZ it website let me make the change. Now what happens?

EZ Air will refung your credit card since you are still 45 days out for any changes.

You may have to call EZ Air and chase them down.  They dont let go of monies easily.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cr8tiv1 said:

EZ Air will refung your credit card since you are still 45 days out for any changes.

You may have to call EZ Air and chase them down.  They dont let go of monies easily.

I think we need to clarify as OP says they did early payment for their EZAir , which sounds like ‘early’ ticketing which I thought means their ticket becomes ‘restricted’ and subject to cancellation fees? @love to cruz, please clarify.

• Like 2

Now that you updated your flight a cheaper price, at final payment the total amount to be paid will be your cruise fare and the updated flight costs.

If you find the price drop after the final payment, I believe that the difference will be given as OBC or charge back to the credit card used for the final payment.

12 minutes ago, akaCruiser said:

Now that you updated your flight a cheaper price, at final payment the total amount to be paid will be your cruise fare and the updated flight costs.

If you find the price drop after the final payment, I believe that the difference will be given as OBC or charge back to the credit card used for the final payment.

Is this really true since the OP says they took early payment?

This happened to me after final payment but before I was 45 days out.  It took my TA to get me my refund.  I read on here that people who booked through Princess with a vacation planner had an easier time because they contacted that planner who took care of it.  

If it was just early payment the money should be refunded back to credit card/payment method.  If it was early ticketing it became a restricted ticket and no refund.  I agree with checking payment section on personalizer to see if it shows a credit.  

• Like 1

It seems like the OP asked this question twice on the forums. When I booked my flights with EZair, I book my flight out around 11 months in advance. The cost of the "Flexible" flight was then added to my cruise fare and was due at the same time as my final payment. I then monitor the cost of the flights over the next few months and actually rebooked my fights and ended up saving around $200 per person around two months before final payment. Post final payment, the flights actually went up in price, so I didn't need to rebook.

If OP didn't purchase the flight with Flexible option, then you will need to reach out to their TA or if they booked directly with Princess with their Princess Cruise Consultant and have them adjust the pricing difference, since they paid ahead of the final payment (which is why you should always pick Flexible, which avoids this situation).

• Like 1

On 1/13/2024 at 9:42 AM, akaCruiser said:

It seems like the OP asked this question twice on the forums. When I booked my flights with EZair, I book my flight out around 11 months in advance. The cost of the "Flexible" flight was then added to my cruise fare and was due at the same time as my final payment. I then monitor the cost of the flights over the next few months and actually rebooked my fights and ended up saving around $200 per person around two months before final payment. Post final payment, the flights actually went up in price, so I didn't need to rebook.

If OP didn't purchase the flight with Flexible option, then you will need to reach out to their TA or if they booked directly with Princess with their Princess Cruise Consultant and have them adjust the pricing difference, since they paid ahead of the final payment (which is why you should always pick Flexible, which avoids this situation).

I'm a couple months out and see my flights  ive booked with EZ air have dropped a couple hundred dollars. im going to pay for the flights at final payment.  I'm working with a TA for the cruise portion but booked EZ air myself.   my question is, how do i re book for the cheaper air?  i can't find a way on Princess website.   thank you!    dont mean to hijack!  i reserved flex fare.

6 minutes ago, red4u2 said:

I'm a couple months out and see my flights  ive booked with EZ air have dropped a couple hundred dollars. im going to pay for the flights at final payment.  I'm working with a TA for the cruise portion but booked EZ air myself.   my question is, how do i re book for the cheaper air?  i can't find a way on Princess website.   thank you!    dont mean to hijack!  i reserved flex fare.

Just give Princess a call and have them reprice your air or go into manage your flight and reprice. I did the manage my flight myself but ended calling and they even did better.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, red4u2 said:

You need to go to the Princess website and log on to your booking. Review your flight reservations and click on modify flights. You will then be able to search for new flights and once you select them, you have an option to either accept or cancel. If you accept, then the flights will be rebooked and you should then get an updated itinerary with the revised flights.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, akaCruiser said:

You need to go to the Princess website and log on to your booking. Review your flight reservations and click on modify flights. You will then be able to search for new flights and once you select them, you have an option to either accept or cancel. If you accept, then the flights will be rebooked and you should then get an updated itinerary with the revised flights.

Oh my gosh!  IT WORKED!!  thank you for talking me step by step through that!!   my first time with EZ air and i couldn't figure it out!   a couple hundred savings is great!   thank you again!!! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, red4u2 said:

Oh my gosh!  IT WORKED!!  thank you for talking me step by step through that!!   my first time with EZ air and i couldn't figure it out!   a couple hundred savings is great!   thank you again!!! 

Yeah, I found EZ Air to be the best Cruise Line reservation service, compared to HAL, RCCL, etc. The best feature is that I can book flights and if I need to change or move my cruise bookings my flights can be rebooked without paying extra if you do Flexible flights. 

30 minutes ago, akaCruiser said:

Yeah, I found EZ Air to be the best Cruise Line reservation service, compared to HAL, RCCL, etc. The best feature is that I can book flights and if I need to change or move my cruise bookings my flights can be rebooked without paying extra if you do Flexible flights. 

Yes I agree, And the prices are really good!

On 1/19/2024 at 9:31 PM, akaCruiser said:

Advice Needed:  I found the airfare to be cheaper on the website, but when I click for seats it won't let me choose like I was able to the first time. I see that one of my flights doesn't have my choice in coach seats.  I don't want to lose the original seats I requested with EZAir on AA.  I didn't go through with the change at this time.  I used the Princess CHAT feature and the agent told me that they have to cancel and rebook flight, so no guarantee of same seat requests.  Has anyone had this issue?  Should I try calling Princess or an I out of luck with retaining seat assignments while repricing to lower fare?

It's going to be the luck of the draw for obtaining the same seats once you update your bookings, as what is happening is that you are going to cancel the existing and book with the updated bookings. It might take some time to release the reserve seating before they are made available. I guess you will need to decide if saving money or keeping the seat assignment, which one is more important. I would go with the cheaper flight, as seating can always be adjusted.

9 minutes ago, akaCruiser said:

It's going to be the luck of the draw for obtaining the same seats once you update your bookings, as what is happening is that you are going to cancel the existing and book with the updated bookings. It might take some time to release the reserve seating before they are made available. I guess you will need to decide if saving money or keeping the seat assignment, which one is more important. I would go with the cheaper flight, as seating can always be adjusted.

Thanks for the info.

I have another EZ Air question

I have flights booked thru EZAir to Europe in the fall and I want to switch flights. On EZAir, my new flights would be about $400 more

(3 seats) then what I have currently, but directly with the airline the new flights would be about $800 cheaper. I am reluctant to book directly with the airline this far out as it would mean non refundable tickets. 

If I call and speak to an EZAir representative, do they offer a lower price then I see online?

Thanks

On 1/12/2024 at 10:41 PM, wallyj said:

I think we need to clarify as OP says they did early payment for their EZAir , which sounds like ‘early’ ticketing which I thought means their ticket becomes ‘restricted’ and subject to cancellation fees? @love to cruz, please clarify.

You can pay your bill and not ask for early ticketing.  You cannot ask for early ticketing without at least paying for the airfare.

59 minutes ago, SSAtlantic said:

I have another EZ Air question

I have flights booked thru EZAir to Europe in the fall and I want to switch flights. On EZAir, my new flights would be about $400 more

(3 seats) then what I have currently, but directly with the airline the new flights would be about $800 cheaper. I am reluctant to book directly with the airline this far out as it would mean non refundable tickets. 

If I call and speak to an EZAir representative, do they offer a lower price then I see online?

Thanks

EZ Air will only give you the fares available on line.  They will not match what’s directly on the airlines’ site. 

The benefit of EZ Air is that you don’t have to pay for a non-refundable airline fare way in advance like you would have to do booking directly.  If the difference is worth the risk, get insurance, or look at what the airline’s change/cancellation policy is.

You can always keep looking and hope EZ Air drops.  

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I did not see the flights I wanted on EZ Air, but did see  them with two other airlines, West Jet outboard and Air Canada Inbound...Can EZ Air do the flights I want or do I have to stick with their recommendations?

Pre Covid I found EZair prices hard to beat.  Post Covid not so much.  I favor EZair outbound to port because it is covered by Princess Get You To The Ship insurance.  Return home is not so critical. So price and convenience rule.  For some reason my EZair bookings seem to consistently have very short layover times.  Been burned with that so I avoid short layovers.  I also seem to get more flight changes when booked through EZair.  Probably just coincidence.  Short story: ship late docking in Southampton, so we missed flight from LHR to SFO.  EZair re-booked us on new flight, great.  Not so fast.  Our 15 hour flight turned into a 36 hour flight from London to Istanbul to SFO. I declined and made my own arrangements, which Princess paid for. This was immediately after covid shutdown, so giving Princess some slack. In addition, with EZair bookings check your flights and seat assignments frequently.