Queen Anne godmother?

LadyL1

Catherine, Princess of Wales would also be a great pick. Wife of the Crown Prince, modern and most pertinently, with her husband, the future of the Monarchy.

[ I like The Princess Royal and The Queen too].

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Millieloulou said:

In 2007, when Camilla the then Duchess of Cornwall was launching Queen Victoria, the bottle didnot break.

The primary bottle didn't break. But they were prepared for that eventuality, apparently it's not uncommon, and the back-up bottle broke as planned.

54 minutes ago, Colin_Cameron said:

The primary bottle didn't break. But they were prepared for that eventuality, apparently it's not uncommon, and the back-up bottle broke as planned.

I remember the unbroken bottle. Was it Pol Acker???

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

I remember the unbroken bottle. Was it Pol Acker???

😀😀😀

The original Queens were apparently christened with Australian Chardonnay, at a time when it was almost unknown, but I think by this century they had moved on to champagne.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, exlondoner said:

😀😀😀

The original Queens were apparently christened with Australian Chardonnay, at a time when it was almost unknown, but I think by this century they had moved on to champagne.

Perhaps they should go back to the Chardonnay, or some other still wine. The bottle wouldn't be as thick and would break more easily.

6 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

Perhaps they should go back to the Chardonnay, or some other still wine. The bottle wouldn't be as thick and would break more easily.

It may have been fizzy: after all they make Champagne from Chardonnay. 

• Like 1

Easy pick from this end of the Pond - - Elton John! A Godfather can christen a ship too. 
Also use some good English sparking wine, not French stuff for QA. 

Edited by NE John

2 hours ago, Victoria2 said:

Catherine, Princess of Wales would also be a great pick. Wife of the Crown Prince, modern and most pertinently, with her husband, the future of the Monarchy.

[ I like The Princess Royal and The Queen too].

You may remember as when the Duchess, Catherine became godmother of the Royal Princess, the ceremony in Southampton. This was very soon before she gave birth to Prince George.

On the Royal Princess, there is now in a very prominent position, a museum type enclosure, with her outfit worn on that day, together with other memorabilia. I rather like this touch!

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, LadyL1 said:

You may remember as when the Duchess, Catherine became godmother of the Royal Princess, the ceremony in Southampton. This was very soon before she gave birth to Prince George.

On the Royal Princess, there is now in a very prominent position, a museum type enclosure, with her outfit worn on that day, together with other memorabilia. I rather like this touch!

No, I don't remember and Princess isn't a brand I would choose as an alternative to Cunard so I'll never see the any memorabilia onboard.

I'd like to see her as a Cunard Godmother too but the Princess Royal or The Queen or, as has been mentioned, The Duchess of Edinburgh 'would do'!"

• Like 2

It doesn't really bother me who does it.

But from Cunard's point of view; I imagine their first choice would be the Queen and hope that her husband was free to accompany her that day.

5 hours ago, Victoria2 said:

Well that fell flat 😕

A valet, a gentleman's gentleman.

Think Mr Bates of Downton.

Indeed, I had to look up what *other* Mr. Bates might have been referenced. The Post Office scandal fellow?

• Thanks 1

Just now, exlondoner said:

I think they will be up and about by the end of April.

It sounds like the Princess of Wales will be out of action until at least Easter which is end of March this year. So still a possibility for end of April but she might not immediately pick up a full schedule of engagements. They haven't yet said how long it will be before the King resumes public engagements.

Hopefully both the King and the Princess of Wales recover well from their respective surgeries.

• Like 4