Embarking with alcohol

We will be departing from San Juan, but will spend a few weeks in Puerto Rico prior to the cruise.  I understand that I can’t bring alcohol onboard but when I check in can I give them my bottle and have it delivered to my stateroom on the last night?

2 hours ago, wpas1 said:

We will be departing from San Juan, but will spend a few weeks in Puerto Rico prior to the cruise.  I understand that I can’t bring alcohol onboard but when I check in can I give them my bottle and have it delivered to my stateroom on the last night?

All things confiscated ie alcohol, rice cookers ,power boards will be available for you to collect at the end of your cruise .🤣 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, micruiser2002 said:

No, they return alcohol also at the end.  Many people buy bottles in the Caribbean to take home

That’s what I am trying to find out.  I know if I buy a bottle in the middle of the cruise they take and return it to me on the last night.  Will the same thing happen if it’s the start of the cruise?  I’m not trying to sneak booze on, I am hoping to buy some while in Puerto Rico prior to the cruise to take home.  I will not have enough time after the cruise to make purchases.

9 minutes ago, wpas1 said:

That’s what I am trying to find out.  I know if I buy a bottle in the middle of the cruise they take and return it to me on the last night.  Will the same thing happen if it’s the start of the cruise?  I’m not trying to sneak booze on, I am hoping to buy some while in Puerto Rico prior to the cruise to take home.  I will not have enough time after the cruise to make purchases.

From RCL website - image.png.7e16d51b1073b6ca163bf858acc36c9e.png

10 minutes ago, wpas1 said:

I have done this many times , sometimes the ship will have some decent sales , so if you buy it on last night you just can bring it to your cabin , then pack it in your suitcase.

1 hour ago, wpas1 said:

I assume you are flying home? SJU has duty free liquor stores after the security checkpoint. Their prices are very good. Since the stores are after the security checkpoint, you can carry the booze on the plane with you. The store will even put it in a box with a handle on it to make it easier to carry.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, wpas1 said:

I really don’t want them confiscating but will turn them in.

They are conficating ie taking or seizing with authority to be bonded and will be returned after th cruise.  You should read the cruise contract that you signed .

I always buy alcohol on islands and happily hand it over to them when I board.  Maybe it is confiscated, but to me that sounds like I’m trying to sneak it onboard when that’s not the case.  I really would just like it to be delivered to me on my last night just like any other booze I purchase n an island.  That’s all I’m asking, will it be delivered to my stateroom or will I never see it again?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, wpas1 said:

I always buy alcohol on islands and happily hand it over to them when I board.  Maybe it is confiscated, but to me that sounds like I’m trying to sneak it onboard when that’s not the case.  I really would just like it to be delivered to me on my last night just like any other booze I purchase n an island.  That’s all I’m asking, will it be delivered to my stateroom or will I never see it again?

As I posted above they return it to you at the end of the cruise.  You should be able to just tell them when you are boarding.  

On 1/15/2024 at 3:25 PM, cruiseguy1016 said:

I assume you are flying home? SJU has duty free liquor stores after the security checkpoint. Their prices are very good. Since the stores are after the security checkpoint, you can carry the booze on the plane with you. The store will even put it in a box with a handle on it to make it easier to carry.

On top of that, they offer some rums that are really hard to find around the island.  Like Ron Barrilito 4 and 5 star (3 star is pretty easy to find).  And some interesting bottlings of Don Q.  

We always get rum at the airport when travelling to Puerto Rico- just so much easier that way.