How formal is dress in the evenings?

JDPCruisers

Cruise Celebrity and Royal, mostly Celebrity the last few years, but looking into Silversea as a small inclusive luxury cruise option so interested in any overall recent feedback and specifically how formal is evening wear in the restaurants and lounges? Also, service in staterooms and around the ship? 

Look forward to any thoughts on recent experiences. Thanks in advance.

6 hours ago, JDPCruisers said:

Cruise Celebrity and Royal, mostly Celebrity the last few years, but looking into Silversea as a small inclusive luxury cruise option so interested in any overall recent feedback and specifically how formal is evening wear in the restaurants and lounges? Also, service in staterooms and around the ship? 

Look forward to any thoughts on recent experiences. Thanks in advance.

I agree with @Gourmet Gal, there are plenty of dress code threads.  Suffice to say that formal night looks like a gala opening:  dressy and attractive.

Silversea is all about service.  With the services of a butler, you can have room service meals, morning coffee and afternoon canapés and caviar.  Service around the ship in restaurants and bars is excellent.  Silversea has a higher standard of service to Celebrity due to the higher staff to passenger ratio.

Another plus for me is that all shore excursions are included.

Edited by Port Power

1 hour ago, Port Power said:

I agree with @Gourmet Gal, there are plenty of dress code threads.  Suffice to say that formal night looks like a gala opening:  dressy and attractive.

Silversea is all about service.  With the services of a butler, you can have room service meals, morning coffee and afternoon canapés and caviar.  Service around the ship in restaurants and bars is excellent.  Silversea has a higher standard of service to Celebrity due to the higher staff to passenger ratio.

Just because the staff ratio is higher, doesn’t mean better service.  It all depends on the staff that is serving you at the time.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Port Power said:

Yes, service is very gracious on SS and there’s plenty of staff to keep you comfortable.  But, I don’t really agree that formal night on SS looks like a gala opening or gala event.  I’ve never been to an actual gala that was such a mixed bag look.  Sorry.  What I have observed on formal night is some people do dress to the nines, more people make an attempt with cocktail attire and many others also make an attempt but they look like they’re attending a business function.  All these levels of dress comply with the suggested attire but please don’t feel you have to dress for a gala event.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Port Power said:

Thanks for the information and I'll try the search again.