Transportation from Rome Cruise Terminal to Airport

Upon disembarking in Rome, I am assuming there will be plenty of taxis available to take us to the airport (actually a hotel just adjacent to the airport --- early flight next morning).  I am also interested if anyone has used a reliable private transportation service from the pier to the airport they could recommend as well. 

Also, ship is due to dock in Rome at 6am ---- any estimates on the latest we could leave the ship?

Thanks for any information you could share.

Everyone will be off the ship by 9. Taxi not a good idea to get from the port to FCO. Best case would be 1 to 1.5 hrs to airport. Suggest you use the Regent provided transportation, or hire your own shuttle or car service.

• Like 1

I think former race car driver is a prerequisite for these chauffeurs 😊 remember my last trip we made sure our seat belts were fastened and hung on for dear life! Made great time to port and back FCO on way home!

4 hours ago, Poppy1966 said:

I used Rome-airport.net. €130 was waiting bang on time in an E class merc straight to FCO …HOWEVER, think the driver thought he was on a F1 racetrack..

Thanks for the information. This is the price for one passenger?

On 1/18/2024 at 6:00 AM, Poppy1966 said:

I used Rome-airport.net. €130 was waiting bang on time in an E class merc straight to FCO …HOWEVER, think the driver thought he was on a F1 racetrack..

I was thinking we had used them as well, port to apartment in Rome, and apartment to airport, but then I remembered we used civitavecchiaport.org for our trips.  No problems, convenient service.

Edited by curmudgeon98
correction

Have used Rome Cabs many times to/from Civitavecchia to FCO. Great service. Roughly 45 minutes to one hour in the morning. We'v left ship as early as 7AM and as late as 8:30 AM and never missed a flight. Highly recommend.

Another vote for Rome Cabs (their vehicles are not taxis),  We have used them for years.  Go on line and you can get a quote for the number in your party, luggage, etc.   Drivers have always been professional, courteous and helpful.

• Like 1

you are not going to find many if any taxis that would take you to the Rome airport as it is very far from the port.  A driver that you have pre-arranged is needed.  I have used several of those listed above and prefer Rome Cabs, but the others are good too.

• Like 1