LIVE 💎 Jewel 💎 of the Seas - Southern Caribbean 1/20/24

1 hour ago, Hoopster95 said:

I didn't lie when I said this at the beginning of the review 😉

Both Trinidad and Tobago are both excursion days away from the port/city. They are both likely not places you will walk off the boat and simply stroll around. However, I feel since these are both rare destination ports for RCI, anyone getting here should get out and see the island.

SteelCity, since quite a few people following you here are looking for Trinidad/Tobago info, would you mind if I add a post with excursion pics/description of my own? I don't want to hijack your thread.

I did this excursion. Their rum punch is deadly!! By the time you get your vouchers tomorrow night in the lounge, your words might be slurring on this review lol! And do you like Soca music? If the boys running the catamaran start playing Carib music, there could be some dancing & singing going on.  Have an awesome day! 👍

@Hoopster95 Don’t mind at all.  Please jump in and add anything you think folks will find helpful.  I agree with your thoughts on getting deeper into these ports to get the most out of them.  If you enjoy a nice day in the ship with a bit less people around, go for it.

Luckily I’m not big on rum punch but I’ll warn DW on that front!  Thx for the heads up.  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Sorry I forget, does this sailing go to St Maarten?  

If yes, and you take the water taxi/ferry to beach area I suggest you check out the Blue Bit*h Bar

Yes, St Maarten is the last stop on Friday 

Thank you for the recommendation!

cheers 🍻 

• Like 1

Last night we were rocking pretty good.  Nothing crazy but noticeable.  Wind was howling.  It’s currently overcast and drizzled for a couple minutes this morning.  Temp is nice mid 70’s with a good breeze.

Hopefully weather cooperates for the catamaran excursion.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Yah many of them taste the same but they all will tell you .. “this is the best beer made in the caribbean”  …

sure I’ll take 2 cheers 🍻 

No doubt far inferior to Iron City beer!

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Moving on to tomorrow, St. Lucia, We have the West Coast Catamaran Cruise excursion.  It’s an early morning meeting time of 7:30am. 😳  

Probably should cut tonight a bit short so that wake up isn’t so painful.  We shall see how that goes.

Assuming this is a RCCL sponsored excursion? Going to be in St Lucia next month on Celebrity and 4 of us are looking for a private catamaran company to sail with. 

Cheers! 

2 minutes ago, LEMJMcC said:

No doubt far inferior to Iron City beer!

Who’s been around long enough sailing the Caribbean and remember drinking Presidente? 🙄

Use to buy it for a $1 a bottle. 😂

Cheers! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, countess5 said:

Who’s been around long enough sailing the Caribbean and remember drinking Presidente? 🙄

Use to buy it for a $1 a bottle. 😂

Cheers! 

I do and liked it. 🍺

• Like 2

We are sailing on the Jewel on February 17th, similar itinerary except we go to Dominica instead of St. Lucia.  We've visited San Juan, Barbados, St. Lucia, and St. Maarten before.  Looking forward to Trinidad, Tobago, and Dominica, as they are new ports for us.

Loving your live review!!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, countess5 said:

Assuming this is a RCCL sponsored excursion? Going to be in St Lucia next month on Celebrity and 4 of us are looking for a private catamaran company to sail with. 

Cheers! 

Yes it’s a Royal excursion.

I can tell you there were plenty of catamarans out on the water today.  Not sure which of them were private.

Back from the West Coast Catamaran tour.  Had a blast!  Beautiful scenery and water here in St. Lucia.  I love that rugged look on a coastline.  I’ll throw some pics on here once I get a bevy to sit and go through what I got.  

Started out by getting rained on waiting to board the catamaran.  It’s literally right off the ship.  No bus ride.  That’s nice, I was expecting to take a bus for some reason.  It rained on and off but only for short bursts then it would clear up.  Water was a pretty choppy today.  Felt a bit like a roller coaster ride at times.  

Here she is.  Double Decker.  Much bigger than the one in Barbados.  I was surprised how many people were on just 1 catamaran.  Others in line were expecting 2 catamarans but we all fit.  I think it would be better with 10 or so less people but that wouldn’t maximize the profit would it?

We paid $248 for the 2 of us.  It’s a 6 hour tour with a scenic ride up the coastline and 2 stops.  1st stop was a bay for snorkeling.  2nd stop was near the beach at the base of the Pitons.  There was lunch served with soft drinks and rum punch (only after the swim spots).  

Lunch was fish (blue Marlin), chicken, rice/bean salad, salad and a pasta salad.  It was all good.

Beers could be bought from vendors who went around in smaller boats and kayaks.  They had trinkets, beers, coconuts (with or without rum)  and other “paraphernalia ” for sale if you know what i’m sayin 😉 

IMG_2096.thumb.jpeg.5392afc4a73bac09cacb244e49d73bbd.jpeg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Yes it’s a Royal excursion.

I can tell you there were plenty of catamarans out on the water today.  Not sure which of them were private.

STEELCITY,  My Son just flew over the ship on a helicopter heading to a Sandals property.  He sent me the video from the chopper.  Ill try to send it to you.  Dan

• Like 1

After Rodney Bay we headed back past our ship the other direction.  We cruised to through Marigot Bay next.  Some nice boats in there as well.  Beautiful place!

IMG_2145.thumb.jpeg.2836cebdd17cd1f781139cc0fa506ddd.jpeg

IMG_2146.thumb.jpeg.9f67d5e093da04baed66dc5c2bf5b39a.jpeg

IMG_2148.thumb.jpeg.ef4e9465b9a79cdf574f615daae90d39.jpeg

IMG_2149.thumb.jpeg.7a0fa4aace157aae890288eab0e2cc27.jpeg

IMG_2150.thumb.jpeg.dc8b11a0e80a7314e3cbe8726a33d36b.jpeg

IMG_2151.thumb.jpeg.427d47f03c496a7b12eddb2dfef76c0d.jpeg

IMG_2156.thumb.jpeg.65296bf82beef8c01927ce9f8c694ab5.jpeg

After Marigot we stopped for the first time.  This was the snorkeling stop.  We aren’t into that but others were commenting the snorkeling wasn’t that great.  This is were the boat vendors appear.  🍻

• Like 8