Water bottle fill stations

ilovebananas

When I sailed on the Majestic and Discovery Princess they had filtered water bottle fill stations in the buffet area. I have since sailed on the Caribbean and Emerald and they did not have these devices. Has anyone seen them on the Regal Princess or any other cruises?

9 minutes ago, ilovebananas said:

When I sailed on the Majestic and Discovery Princess they had filtered water bottle fill stations in the buffet area. I have since sailed on the Caribbean and Emerald and they did not have these devices. Has anyone seen them on the Regal Princess or any other cruises?

They do not want guests doing this.  Get the water into one of their plastic glasses and then transfer to your bottle.  We cannot be trusted in the whole to not contact the water spouts with our own containers.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

They do not want guests doing this.  Get the water into one of their plastic glasses and then transfer to your bottle.  We cannot be trusted in the whole to not contact the water spouts with our own containers.

This is not what was asked, as its on some ships already. From memory they are on the Regal 

Edited by antsp
  • Like 2

Maybe a dumb question. Isn't all ship's water as pure or purer than city, well or bottled water, and isn't it all filtered in its production? If filtered at the tap what is being filtered out?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skynight said:

Maybe a dumb question. Isn't all ship's water as pure or purer than city, well or bottled water, and isn't it all filtered in its production? If filtered at the tap what is being filtered out?

Cruise ship drinking water has to meet standards from the World Health Organization and US Public Health Service. Whether testing and published reports are available for the public to read, I don't know.

More than filtering happens for certain. I would think water would be desalinated by distillation rather than reverse osmosis because of the amount of heat available from the engines, then minerals added for taste. The water is very "soft" and I wonder if, or how much, salt (NaCl) is added back. 

https://www.cruisecritic.com/articles/cruise-ship-drinking-water-what-to-expect

Edited by mtnesterz

8 hours ago, antsp said:

This is not what was asked, as its on some ships already. From memory they are on the Regal 

I was on the Regal in April 2023.  I did not find any water bottle filling stations.  I filled my bottle in the buffet, using a buffet glass to get ice and water.  (I thought i had explored the entire ship, but might have missed one, perhaps in the gym?)

8 minutes ago, BDevilCruiser said:

I was on the Regal in April 2023.  I did not find any water bottle filling stations.  I filled my bottle in the buffet, using a buffet glass to get ice and water.  (I thought i had explored the entire ship, but might have missed one, perhaps in the gym?)

Might of been on the Sky, all cruises blend into one after a while, but they definitely exist 

Edited by antsp

2 hours ago, skynight said:

I think the water at the buffet may be filtered to take out the chlorine taste? I've always thought there was more of that taste from the stateroom tap, anyway. 

The buffet area as long as your lid can be completely removed as in the part you fill and drink from aren’t the same it was fine otherwise you need to use a cup to transfer 

14 hours ago, MTAK said:

I am on Discovery right now an have not been able to find the water bottle fill station, maybe it was removed?

I looked for it in Dec & couldn't find it either, I was pretty excited when I heard they had one but think it has been removed.