Ibiza

We are cruising this June. A ten day cruise with no sea days. 

we are using Spain Day Tours in most ports. They do not offer tours in Ibiza. I am wondering if this would be a good day to take a break and wander on our own. 

I don’t see much information about this port. 

I hope someone can give me some guidance. 

thanks 

It depends a lot on what you are looking for.

Ibiza is a small island that is basically known for two things. For its nightclubs and for the hippie movement.

That is to say, if you want to stay in a very quiet hotel you will find it, and if you want clubs, it is one of the areas of Spain that has the most activity.

26 minutes ago, alserrod said:

It depends a lot on what you are looking for.

Ibiza is a small island that is basically known for two things. For its nightclubs and for the hippie movement.

That is to say, if you want to stay in a very quiet hotel you will find it, and if you want clubs, it is one of the areas of Spain that has the most activity.

Thank you. It is a port stop. It appears this might be a welcome do nothing day. 

7 hours ago, nadeki said:

I hope someone can give me some guidance.

Not many past threads either.  These are the only ones  which appeared when I searched.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/search/?q=ibiza&quick=1&type=forums_topic&nodes=465

Ibiza Town is supposed to be well worth a visit. Try Tripadvisor and others for info and images.

Edited by edinburgher
  • Like 1

Ibiza was a much better port than we were expecting! We booked a private Ibiza town walking tour/food tour combination and loved it. We took the water taxi over to the Ibiza town waterfront area to meet our guide. We bought round-trip tickets from the sellers who were positioned on the walkway that runs through the pier area, over to the dock where you board the water taxis. I think it was about  10mins total walking from the ship to water taxi boarding dock.  There didn't appear to be many regular taxis at the port and the line of people waiting was fairly long. I had read while researching for our cruise that the water taxi was a better option for most and it's only like a 5 minute ride over to the main town. There are loads of shops and restaurants if you just want to wander on your own. Or you could try (in advance) for a reservation at a nice resort if you prefer a relaxing beach day. The party atmosphere doesn't get going until later, so don't worry if that's not your thing.  I would definitely recommend getting off the ship for Ibiza!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We booked the tour online in advance with WALKING IBIZA and the tour was called "Bespoke Premium Food, Drink & Culture Tour"  They were very good to deal with and totally flexible with what we wanted to do. We originally wanted to do a cycling tour with them but since we docked at 11am and it would be very hot then, we chose to do the walking tour. 100% recommend, it was great 😊

Enjoy your cruise!

14 hours ago, marazul said:

@vivace91

Who was your tour provider? 

Thanks. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A great DIY port. Turn left when you exit the port and walk down to the water taxi. It will drop you off at the waterfront and you can explore here or if you have no mobility issues you can walk up the hill through the old town to the fortifications on top.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

We aren’t reaching there till afternoon, when does the clubbing scene start? Are there good beaches (family friendly, clean, bathroom facilities) nearby the cruise port? Thanks