LIVE: Celebrity Beyond January 19, 2024 10 Night Ultimate Southern Caribbean

bnurick

sorry you will miss the Catamaran in Antigua . We have done land vac there some  yrs ago at Jolly Beach, and loved it..

Hope seas calm down by next week..Our Ascent itin  includes St Kitts: we are booked to go over to Nevis for lunch by the beach !    Fingers crossed we can go, & without  getting seasick!

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, countess5 said:

Every Live I have been reading this winter so far has not had great weather. Saw on another thread a RCCL ship could not dock in Casa Maya yesterday because of winds, Of course winds are always blowing there.

We are sailing for a month in about two weeks and hope weather starts to change. we are mostly ship people anyway but do like some of the Islands we are stopping at. 

Enjoy the sea day! 

Cheers! 

On Ascent now and at Nachi Cocum yesterday we heard that the whole week so far has been a “no go” at Costa Maya. The NCL Epic was in Coz instead of CM and Voyager of the Seas skipped CM and docked in Coz late afternoon, presumably for an overnight. 

I can concur that it has been windy for us too. Let’s see if we get to Grand Cayman tomorrow. 

mac_tlc

We are on the ship right now!!! the ship is beautiful and we’re having a good time. But I’m posting on this line right now or I should say thread because I want to point out a fact, not the problem of the cruise line, but of the passengers. The ocean view café has 6 to 8 tables reserved for people who have mobility devices, such as relators scooters or wheelchairs. 6 to 8 tables and there’s over 100 tables and the majority of  those tables are taken by people who are not disabled at all. Those tables are meant to help those that can’t get to the windows or can’t get inside tables to at least have a place to enjoy a meal . I admit I had words with one couple this morning because I’m traveling with someone who’s been disabled and paralyzed since they were two years old and they’re just sitting there and enjoying their meal and I pointed out to them first of all politely I said, you know that table is reserved for people who are disabled  and she said there’s a seat left take it and I said the table is reserved for disabled people. She replied to me well there’s two signs on the table that say reserved for disabled people and there’s two seats left open and I tried to explain to her that that’s not what it means. It means the whole table is reserved because these people have a lot of equipment or have a lot of issues and all you see your scooters pulled over to the side waiting for these tables , the workers try the best they can to keep them open but people are so self-centered that they take the tables anyway and I mainly told her that I hope she or her husband or a loved one never need to a table like that in their future, because then they’d see how hard it is to be disabled  people who are disabled they don’t want special privileges they’d rather be normal, but in their lives, there’s really no hope for that. Whatever happened to kindness and consideration for those who may suffer something that you’ll never experience or someone less fortunate than yourself? All I have to say to people like that are shame on you , and in someways if I was vindictive, I would hope that you would have to be disabled to see what it’s like because you’re nothing but selfish people.  I would also point out that I have stage 4 cancer and I would not sit at one of those table if I was by myself and NEVER in my life have I taken advantage of my parents placards or my sister’s, if they are not with me I walk.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

On 1/20/2024 at 11:53 PM, bnurick said:

Just when you think something couldn’t ever be worse, I can say on my 9th cruise in The Retreat tonight was the worst Lumine experience we’ve ever had. Literally walked out and told the check-in desk to charge our cabin for the Veuve Clicquot, we were leaving.

Lumine Night #2

🔸Bread Service: D

Received on my 3rd request.

🔸Beverage Service: C-
Received first order, Zucappa and champagne. Wine never arrived by the time entrees were served.

🔸Food Service: B
After getting up and asking someone to be our server, ours eventually arrived and I felt tried. We didn’t bother sticking around for dessert.

🔸Overall: C-

Cheers from the Beyond Theatre to see Captain Kate et al. 🥂 

We were on the cruise previous to yours. Your experience matches our first couple of nights. 

Food was served luke warm and service was slow. We fed back to the Retreat manager and maitre 'd and thinks improved. At least the maitre 'd started visiting our table to check everything was ok nightly. 

The real issue on Beyond with Luminae is that they simply don't have enough staff to deliver quick service. As always the wait team looked rushed off their feet. We were also told that 70% of Luminae staff on our sailing were new to the ship which won't help. 

We did find the service from Alvin, Eko and Grayson to be good though Ask if you can sit in Alvins section. 🙂 

2 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

On Ascent now and at Nachi Cocum yesterday we heard that the whole week so far has been a “no go” at Costa Maya. The NCL Epic was in Coz instead of CM and Voyager of the Seas skipped CM and docked in Coz late afternoon, presumably for an overnight. 

I can concur that it has been windy for us too. Let’s see if we get to Grand Cayman tomorrow. 

mac_tlc

We’re on the same cruise as you are now. Loving the Ascent and seeing some of the crew we sailed with on the Beyond.  Wondered why Voyger arrived at Cozumel so late.  Really hoping Grand Cayman is a go with the tenders. 

• Like 1

Night #7 - Rooftop Garden Grill

We headed into this casual dining venue rather blind. After reading a few reviews we ordered a number of items to simply try and share. Here are the two big winners.

🔸Hickory Smoked Brisket: This was the show stopper. The meat was like a flaky fish where you only needed a fork.
🔸Baked Chocolate Chip Cookie with Vanilla Ice Cream: Very nice, more of an individual portion size.
🔸Also Ordered: Caprese Salad, Chicken Wings, Ribs, Seafood Kabob, Creamy Corn and Asparagus.

You definitely want to dine here right after the sun sets IMO.

Lastly, a shoutout to a fellow Cruise Critic Member who said hello on our way out.

After we hit some Silent Disco for an hour. Back to Le Voyage tonight.

Cheers! 🥂 

IMG_9835.jpeg

IMG_6290.jpeg

IMG_9837.jpeg

IMG_9839.jpeg

IMG_9840.jpeg

IMG_9841.jpeg

IMG_9844.jpeg

IMG_9846.jpeg

IMG_6298.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Beachlover1989 said:

I have to say...that may be the lamest caprese salad I've ever seen...I've never seen it made with grape tomatoes...

Appreciate being unfiltered. I used casual dining as it is what it is. It didn’t make an honorable mention, but the Wife didn’t hate it, for what it’s worth. Cheers.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, bnurick said:

Appreciate being unfiltered. I used casual dining as it is what it is. It didn’t make an honorable mention, but the Wife didn’t hate it, for what it’s worth. Cheers.

I’m sorry! I definitely didn’t mean any offense!

Night #8 Le Voyage 2.0

We were so impressed with our first meal we kept our second reservation.

I decanted our second bottle of the 2016 Peter Michael Les Pavots for 4 hours and re-corked. A+

We requested the same server Ash as he was top notch professional. We tried to mix in some new items and were offered a sampling size portion of any dish. 

🔸Amuse Bouche Butter Shrimp A
🔸Vidalia Onion Tart A
🔸Tamarind and Peanut-Crusted Prawns A
🔸Loupe de Mer au Ras El Hanout A
🔸Small Portion Lamb Chop a la Grecque A+
🔸5-Spice Duck Pithivier A
🔸Coupe Cafe-Cardamon A+
🔸Lime & Berry Pavlova A+
🔸Service A+
🔹Overall A+

After two meals, the Filet and Lamb are slightly a cut above for our tastes.

This is the best restaurant on the ship. These folks train at the flagship New York restaurant to learn the craft. They really know what they are doing.

Cheers! 🍻 

IMG_9852.jpeg

IMG_9854.jpeg

IMG_9856.jpeg

IMG_9857.jpeg

IMG_9859.jpeg

IMG_9862.jpeg

IMG_9863.jpeg

IMG_9864.jpeg

IMG_9866.jpeg

IMG_9869.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Beachlover1989 said:

I have to say...that may be the lamest caprese salad I've ever seen...I've never seen it made with grape tomatoes...

I’ve actually started making my version of caprese salad with sugar baby grape tomatoes when good tomatoes are out of season and are not very juicy.  (I add a little Kalamata olive and red roasted peppers with a little fresh basil for a burst of extra flavor).  I have come to actually prefer this over traditional caprese salad.

• Like 1

Night #9 Luminae 🦞 Night

We were in line at 5:15PM to be seated quickly. The 9:00PM show on the first Chic Night was overflow with people having to sit on stairs. So we wanted to make the 7:00PM first show again. Here is what we ordered:

🔸Lobster for Appetizer A-
🔸Shrimp Cocktail A
🔸Rack of Lamb A+ (The Show Stopper)
🔸NY Strip Luminae Style A
🔸Lobster for Entree A
🔸Chocolate Bar A+
🔸Extra Peanut Gelato A++
🔸Service A+ (Ali is great)
🔹Overall A

We received excellent service from sommelier, bread and food servers. We explained how long we wanted to dine and everyone made sure it all worked out.

Outstanding dining experience.

Cheers! 🥂 

IMG_9870.jpeg

IMG_9871.jpeg

IMG_9872.jpeg

IMG_9874.jpeg

IMG_9875.jpeg

IMG_9876.jpeg

IMG_9880.jpeg

IMG_9883.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

40 minutes ago, samandsasha said:

What is the charge if you bring your own bottle of wine to Le Voyage dinner. I have a reservation during my upcoming cruise on Beyond.

Thanks so much,   ronni 

None with a premium beverage package.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, samandsasha said:

What is the charge if you bring your own bottle of wine to Le Voyage dinner. I have a reservation during my upcoming cruise on Beyond.

Thanks so much,   ronni 

It's $25. Though it's waived if you have either the classic or premium beverage package. 

• Like 1

Night #10 Eden

Our last night and back to where this trip started, Eden. This is our favorite restaurant to dine at. The open kitchen and professional staff always make for an excellent experience.

🔸Amuse Bouche A+ (unreal)
Sesame Crusted Tuna w/Wasabi Sauce
🔸Crab Cake A+
🔸Mushroom Risotto A+
🔸Carabinero Shrimp A-
🔸Lobster Casserole A+
🔸Lamb Lion A-
🔸Chocolate Pie A
🔸Lemon Tart A+
🔹Overall A

Will post some Final Thoughts once I get home and rebalanced. X stepped up, but have some observations too.

Cheers. 🥂 

IMG_9894.jpeg

IMG_9889.jpeg

IMG_9896.jpeg

IMG_9897.jpeg

IMG_9898.jpeg

IMG_9899.jpeg

IMG_9903.jpeg

IMG_9904.jpeg

IMG_9906.jpeg

IMG_9907.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

19 hours ago, theopup said:

Thanks so much for taking time to write your review, pictures and thoughts.

Looks like you both had a wonderful time 

Thank you. We did and I am working on a Final Thoughts post this week.

• Like 1