Picture of Vision arriving in Baltimore

10 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

Another reason my preferred embarkation port is San Juan.

I do have friends on Jewel that left from there this week, I'm stuck in snowy Ohio. 

1 hour ago, BillOh said:

We previously cruised Enchantment out of Baltimore, friends we sailed with sent us pictures of arriving in Baltimore today on Vision.

image.png.d3f181a42840541e5d0f44a0908b0bf0.png

That's one way to cut down on the chair hogs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Thank you; cool picture.  We've experienced this several times on Baltimore winter cruises.  There might even be a snowman on the deck in a while.

And at least one person is sure to board in shorts and Hawaiian shirt.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

Another reason my preferred embarkation port is San Juan.

We like cruising from NJ and MD... it is just longer cruises. We spend nice time in solarium and around the ship. And we have easier way getting to and from the ship. Also if last day is midweek, I can start working right away and save PTO day for another cruise. 😉

• Like 2

3 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

As long as the flight(s) from NY manage to get there.

We always go down a day or two early to reduce the effect of flight delays/cancellations. We always cruise somewhere between mid-February & mid-March. On more than one occasion, snow/ice has caused us to arrive the day after we were supposed to.

4 hours ago, BillOh said:

I do have friends on Jewel that left from there this week, I'm stuck in snowy Ohio. 

We had 2 or 3 inches on the ground yesterday and woke up to 4 or 5 inches of new stuff this morning. I love the snow and the cold. I look forward to shoveling/snowblowing/plowing. It's just that when we want to get away from it, I don't want to go to FLL or Miami where there is still a chance it could be 40 or 50 degrees. When we go to San Juan, we are already in the Caribbean and the temps are usually in the 80s.

On 1/19/2024 at 8:50 AM, BillOh said:

Also stuck in snowy NE Ohio.  This photo gives me hope that our June cruise will arrive, sooner or later.

Kathy

On 1/19/2024 at 9:56 AM, shipgeeks said:

Thank you; cool picture.  We've experienced this several times on Baltimore winter cruises.  There might even be a snowman on the deck in a while.

And at least one person is sure to board in shorts and Hawaiian shirt.

They were from Minnesota and thought that they were already in the Caribbean at 29 degrees in January.

• Like 1

Just got off of this Vision sailing yesterday and didn’t get up to the pool deck to see this but can add a couple pictures as well. Here’s the view looking into the port and of the ship while leaving. I enjoyed the unique experience, and lots of the crew that morning were excited to see the sight of snow in person as well coming from areas that never get snow.

IMG_5945.jpeg

IMG_5950.jpeg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, mteacher6 said:

I have a question. Does the Vision of the Seas have the Coke Machines around the ship for different flavors, or do you have to go to a bar to get a soda?

TIA

no soda machines on the ship...just have to go to the bars to get your soda.  Sometimes the coke is from 2 liter bottles and sometimes from a can.  

we disembarked that day too.  I drove from Baltimore to Dover Delaware in their 7 inch snowfall ( they rarely get snow).  Good thing I am from Upstate NY and used to driving in the snow.  But I do have to say the roads were good for the most part.  The worst part was it was foggy with snow in the air so visibility was poo.  We enjoyed our cruise on Vision and have booked the same ship for November 9 with our cruise friends from the Granduer.