Cruising Vietnam on Viking

1 minute ago, MicCanberra said:

Welcome to Cruise Critic, 

If viking do not have the information on their website, try googling Cruise Terminal for each port.

Which itinerary is it.?

Sydney to Vancouver.  I’m a trip adviser user and finding cruisecritic extremely difficult to find my way around!

2 minutes ago, Happietraveller said:

Sydney to Vancouver.  I’m a trip adviser user and finding cruisecritic extremely difficult to find my way around!

It can be a bit daunting at first, as it isn't very intuitive.

Which  ports are you looking for.?

1 minute ago, MicCanberra said:

Hue and Hoi An.  My husband has mobility issues and I’m trying to find the best tour option for him.  Apparently the towns are 3hours apart so need to know which is closest.

6 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Hue and Hoi An.  My husband has mobility issues and I’m trying to find the best tour option for him.  Apparently the towns are 3hours apart so need to know which is closest. Thank you so much…was about to ask you ‘where do I find categories’!  Lol

2 minutes ago, Happietraveller said:

Hue and Hoi An.  My husband has mobility issues and I’m trying to find the best tour option for him.  Apparently the towns are 3hours apart so need to know which is 

Some quick google results 

The cruise port that serves Hoi An Vietnam are Tien Sa Port situated in Danang City which is some 35km away and Chan May Port situated at Binh An village, Loc Vinh Commune, Phu Loc District, Thua Thien Hue Province, some 70km to the north.

Most cruise ships dock at Da Nang or at Chan May which is closer. Few ships actually dock in Hue, which is located on the Perfume River.

Just now, MicCanberra said:
Some quick google results 

The cruise port that serves Hoi An Vietnam are Tien Sa Port situated in Danang City which is some 35km away and Chan May Port situated at Binh An village, Loc Vinh Commune, Phu Loc District, Thua Thien Hue Province, some 70km to the north.

Most cruise ships dock at Da Nang or at Chan May which is closer. Few ships actually dock in Hue, which is located on the Perfume River.

And you may not know which one until the last minute. That was the case when we visited Ho Chi Minh City on Regent last year.

I have used this local company for tours in Vietnam. Found them to be quite good.

Check out any tours very carefully as many places are not suitable for people with mobility issues. This usually applies to temples up a river or in the bush. Getting in and out of those car-engine powered, oversized canoes is tricky at best or on/off Ha Long bay junks.

Go into MYJ. Click the three lines on the top left, then select Account. The second tab on that page is Request Invoice. When that arrives it will have all the port times listed. 

19 hours ago, lyndarra said:

I have used this local company for tours in Vietnam. Found them to be quite good.

Check out any tours very carefully as many places are not suitable for people with mobility issues. This usually applies to temples up a river or in the bush. Getting in and out of those car-engine powered, oversized canoes is tricky at best or on/off Ha Long bay junks.

I left out the company name. Oops. Vidotour.

https://www.vidotour.com/about-us