Silversea dining hours?

captjohn

We have sailed Silversea once before. And did not care for the dining hour, starting so late. We are considering a Silversea cruise and wonder if any of that has changed? Seem to remember that none of the restaurants opened until 7 PM.

Thanks, J&C

• Like 1

That does tend to be the usual  opening time for all the smaller 'luxury' lines.  It seems perfectly normal to most UK passengers, and Europeans (in fact positively early to the Spanish), but we are aware that many US passengers are more used to 5.30 or 6, which is I think quite usual on the larger lines and bigger ships.

In my opinion, it's only a problem if you want it to be. There are plenty of snacking options if you're feeling hungry. One trip I had a standing order for the butler to get a fruit plate for the room when getting back from an excursion. And then there's tea...

• Like 1

At home we eat dinner no later than 5:30 for better digestion, but on vacation we take our pills, have cocktails at 6:00 and dinner at 7:00 and love east to west cruises with those 25 hour days!

• Like 1

Seabourn also starts dinner at 7pm.   It is a tough adjustment for many cruisers who are used to getting in line by 5 (on many mass market lines) for dinner.

Hank