Cruise the Vineyard delivery charge

We have not ordered a wine package in many years but decided to order some wine for our Jubilee sailing. Unlike the old days, your wine is not delivered to your cabin, you collect tickets for wine at Cherry on Top,, then collect your wine from a bar or restaurant.  Okay, no problem.  But as I looked at my total for check out, there is a $14.95 delivery charge.  That’s crazy.

We have purchased Cruise the Vineyard many times, and have never had a delivery charge. 

To see what you were talking about, I went into my planner and put a 5-bottle package in my cart. It did show the $22.86 (18%) service fee as a delivery fee, which is clearly spelled out in the detailed description of the package. So I am guessing that is what happened to you. 

That’s basically the same gratuity they charge on all beverage service. We drink all of our wine in the MDR so we don't have an issue with that. 

Edited by staceyglow

I think if you order ahead of time they add the charge and if you order on the ship it includes the charge ( so basically same cost either way) I don't believe its a delivery charge per se..you still can go to any bar and get the vouchers and redeem them wherever you want.

There is a list of what wines can be ordered but I had to hunt a bit for it, plus it’s in paragraph style rather than an easier to use, list.  The delivery being gratuity makes sense, but don’t ya think major cruise line could make that a little clearer?  Thank you all for your insight.

MB

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Travelling2Some said:

This sounds interesting but it seems you have to buy the package without knowing what specific bottles you will be able to choose from?

When I bought it on board, my lead waiter in MDR gave me a lightweight piece of cardboard that had five Wine chits.  You rip off a chit for each bottle you want that night. On the back, it lists the wines you can select from. You can pick a different wine each night or a red and a white for one night (uses up 2 chits) like my husband and I did one night.  If you select the regular wine package it will list those wines on the back, if premium it will be those wines on the back to select from.  And you can take your bottle back to the room if you don't finish it.

Edited by ninjacat123
  • Like 1

I just purchased on Venezia on 3rd day and it’s exactly as ninjacat said. Bought 3 bottle package  at cherry on top. I got one bottle at aft pool bar then 2 bottles at atrium bar few days later. Easy peasy! Cheers! 🥂

34 minutes ago, Travelling2Some said:

Okay, but I still can't see the available selections before I buy it if I buy it before I sail, right?  It will depend on what is on hand when we get on the ship?

Google carnival cruise cruise the vineyards and you should find the list. 

11 minutes ago, Crusin Karen said:

Google carnival cruise cruise the vineyards and you should find the list. 

Nope.  That list only refers to general variety like "Chardonnay".  It does not detail which brands are available.  I strongly suspect that this information cannot be listed ahead of time as it is going to be specific to what is on hand on each ship on any given sailing. 

8 minutes ago, Travelling2Some said:

Nope.  That list only refers to general variety like "Chardonnay".  It does not detail which brands are available.  I strongly suspect that this information cannot be listed ahead of time as it is going to be specific to what is on hand on each ship on any given sailing. 

Ok sorry! Maybe you can print the selections up then take to a bar and ask the bartender to tell you which wines would be available in each category. Then you can purchase on board if you are satisfied. The Chardonnay in the standard package is Santa Helena Varietal. 

17 minutes ago, Travelling2Some said:

I’m back lol. My Google is better than yours lol because it does list the selections under each variety. Wish I knew how to copy and paste for you. Try again? 

3 minutes ago, Travelling2Some said:

Agree.  That seems like the best way to do it.  Just not wanting to buy the proverbial "pig in a poke" since I'm sure it is already way overpriced.

Way way way overpriced!  But cheaper than buying by the glass. Don’t forget you can CARRY ON one 750 ml bottle/pp over 21. 

Just now, Crusin Karen said:

I’m back lol. My Google is better than yours lol because it does list the selections under each variety. Wish I knew how to copy and paste for you. Try again? 

Cool, I will try again!  Info from cruise lines is just so unreliable though even if you think you have gotten an answer then the real situation once on board is frequently different.  Like you said, it is probably better to wait till onboard and see what they actually have before ordering a package.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

When I bought it on board, my lead waiter in MDR gave me a lightweight piece of cardboard that had five Wine chits.  You rip off a chit for each bottle you want that night. On the back, it lists the wines you can select from. You can pick a different wine each night or a red and a white for one night (uses up 2 chits) like my husband and I did one night.  If you select the regular wine package it will list those wines on the back, if premium it will be those wines on the back to select from.  And you can take your bottle back to the room if you don't finish it.

Did you try and get the multiple 50% off wine in the steakhouse on the first night. I think it was with you we were having this discussion a while back? Forgive me if i have the wrong person... 

14 minutes ago, grimpil said:

Did you try and get the multiple 50% off wine in the steakhouse on the first night. I think it was with you we were having this discussion a while back? Forgive me if i have the wrong person... 

You are correct!  Yes, I did try and the waiter said the best he could do was two bottles at 50% which I purchased.  I would still ask at the Steakhouse just in case they will sell you more than one😉

• Thanks 1

When I purchased my wine package online, the specific wines were listed. It wasn't an easy-to-read format though. But they are also listed on the card you receive on board if you want to wait and purchase then. 

23 hours ago, Crusin Karen said:

Way way way overpriced!  But cheaper than buying by the glass. Don’t forget you can CARRY ON one 750 ml bottle/pp over 21. 

$120 for 5 bottles--so $24/bottle (no grat on AUS cruises) Not WAY overpriced, imo.

For example: Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc is a choice (at least on my NZ cruise)

Runs about $15 at Target.

I can very much live w/ $24/bottle--about $5/glass.

Half price of wine by the glass.

Since my 2nd cruise is 12 days I will round out that package w/ my 50% off options at the Steakhouse! (in addition to the one I carry on...)

Edited by KKB

Regular wine package is $126/5 bottles. 18% tips comes to $29.74/bottle. I make wine spritzers-carry on lemon lime soda. I

buy Chablis  boxed wine at home $17.99/box which equals 5 bottles of wine. So that’s about $60 extra I’m paying for 5 bottles.. But thems the breaks!!  I guess it’s worth $60 to drink my wine on a ship rather than in my living room lol 😆