Interesting info

ORV

Interpret this as you will but the CD mentioned today that there are more new cruisers on this cruise than previous Oceania ones. This is pretty rare in most of the Oceania cruises I’ve been on. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ORV said:

Interpret this as you will

Trying to interpret a "one off" occurrence is pretty much impossible. If there continues to be a pattern of increased new O cruisers, then it may be possible to conclude that Simply More is attracting new business which, presumably, is what O intended

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, ORV said:

Interpret this as you will but the CD mentioned today that there are more new cruisers on this cruise than previous Oceania ones. This is pretty rare in most of the Oceania cruises I’ve been on. 

Who is the CD?

1 hour ago, shepherd really said:

Thanks, I understand he's leaving on 2/14, any idea who is replacing him?

I’ll see if I can find out. 

15 hours ago, Harters said:

Trying to interpret a "one off" occurrence is pretty much impossible. If there continues to be a pattern of increased new O cruisers, then it may be possible to conclude that Simply More is attracting new business which, presumably, is what O intended

38 minutes ago, QuestionEverything said:

Assuming this is across the fleet, it could be the many long time cruisers who are leaving Celebrity. 

I think it’s various reasons on this cruise but yes, I do think it’s due to others exploring new options and being unhappy with their regular cruise line. I think it’s not only Celebrity but HAL and Princess as well. More than ever Oceania needs to be putting their best foot forward, not the other way around. 

I’m also seeing a different demographic than normal. Although there are still a lot of the regular folks you see on Oceania. Very few walkers or wheelchairs, and I’ve seen no scooters, but the logistics of this itinerary kind of dictates that. 

• Thanks 1

So back to reporting. Toscana last night was really good, but service was a little slower than expected. We were at a two top and were there about an hour and 40 minutes, no dessert course. I had tortolonni and carbonara apps and a lasagna main. My wife had a salad and Fra Diavolo. We ate at 730 and they were pretty busy. No big deal as we had no place else to go. 

For football 🏈 fans, American style, they showed the game in the room. I don’t think there is any public space set up with a TV. I actually saw a few folks with Chiefs gear on but no Bills. What a heartbreaker for the Bills fans. Either team deserved to win that one. I’ll update later if they continue to show the games as we’re on through 2/14. 

it rained all day yesterday and is raining today. I’m hoping to get off the ship soon. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, ORV said:

For football 🏈 fans, American style,

I've had as little success understanding that game as I've had trying to explain cricket to foreigners. 

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, QuestionEverything said:

Assuming this is across the fleet, it could be the many long time cruisers who are leaving Celebrity. 

It could also be the case that the Marina, in different formats, has been running this route yearly for at least a decade. After two Covid cancellations we finally did Buenos Aires-Lima last year. A great cruise except for missing ports. Point is, that many of we Oceania regulars have already ran that route and probably won’t repeat. Oceania therefore needs new blood to fill the ship.

We unfortunately also had Peter the Shoe as our CD on that Marina voyage. 🥲😤. He is one of the few CD I’ve meet that can turn a poor situation into a bad one. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, shepherd really said:

You're my favorite person that I have never met. ☺️

Thank you.

I have some of those. One is my favorite local weatherman 🙂

10 hours ago, QuestionEverything said:

We left Celebrity (may go back for a cruise or two on the smaller/older ships) and started HAL full time.  Taking Oceania again for the first time in several years.  The deal was too good to pass up for a quick Caribbean getaway.  Have not had one of those in a long time.

4 hours ago, ORV said:

5.75 here. With mortgage rates going down those may not last. 

Yeah, we've never bought CDs. Mortgage rates we do pay attention to.

On 1/23/2024 at 8:30 AM, shepherd really said:

Thanks, I understand he's leaving on 2/14, any idea who is replacing him?

He is on for your cruise and is training a new CD. 💿 I enjoy his Trivia but can’t seem to do as well as with others. Maybe his questions are harder or maybe the booze is finally rotting my brain 🧠

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ORV said:

He is on for your cruise and is training a new CD. 💿 I enjoy his Trivia but can’t seem to do as well as with others. Maybe his questions are harder or maybe the booze is finally rotting my brain 🧠

Thank you, much appreciated.  Don't worry about your brain, thinking is way overrated.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1