Can anyone say what the height is under the beds?

We are trying to be prepared for our next cruise.  We would like to store the bags under the bed and since have several sets of luggage to choose from, knowing how tall that space is will help us choose the best pieces to take. We will be in a Haven cabin if that makes any difference.  Thanks.

you can usually slide 2  28" suitcases under the bed. i would guestimate the distance from the floor to the bed itself is about 12'' or less. we usually leave any smaller cases we have, tucked away by the curtain in front of the balcony window.

and yes, we're in a 2 bedroom suite

Carpeted floor to base of bed frame is about 14" or more, very generous - just don't haul those huge trunk along .. and you can always open up the suitcase and that'll trim the expandable height by a few inches itself. 

Apr_9_2023_4_13_16.jpg

• Thanks 1

May depend on the ship and/or cabin. Our Club Balcony Suite on the Getaway had a fair amount of space, but most of it was occupied by stuff like life vests. We managed to get a couple of small rollarounds under there. The big stuff went in the closet.

Many thanks for taking the time to answer our question. 

Turns out I have one less set of luggage than I thought.  All of my Ricardo soft sided pieces have rotted handle straps... and it isn't all that old!  My wife's 50-year-old Samsonite is still good as ever though.

16 hours ago, mking8288 said:

Carpeted floor to base of bed frame is about 14" or more, very generous - just don't haul those huge trunk along .. and you can always open up the suitcase and that'll trim the expandable height by a few inches itself. 

Apr_9_2023_4_13_16.jpg

I don't ever recall you saying you had the 'Silent of The Lambs' room.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, dexddd said:

I don't ever recall you saying you had the 'Silent of The Lambs' room.

Nope, LOL and if indeed true, would take the Fifth and maintain silence.

The squeaks & noises coming from behind the wall/ceiling panel, sliding balcony partition & wind whistling heard in just moderate sea state, etc. - all that was "annoying" for a nearly brand new ship, don't know how & what they used as insulations and to secure the panels.  Perhaps, QA in shipyard construction & modular fabrications were missing a la those B737 Max bolts outsourced overseas, oh well ... (early ??) dry docking can fix some of it.  Joy was quiet, relatively speaking and we blasted thru one of the Nor-Easter on the Bermuda transit just fine, aside from the loud sliding bathtub's double doors, fixed by old fashion wet towels as stoppers.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mking8288 said:.

The squeaks & noises coming from behind the wall/ceiling panel, sliding balcony partition & wind whistling heard in just moderate sea state, etc. - all that was "annoying" for a nearly brand new ship, don't know how & what they used as insulations and to secure the panels.  Perhaps, QA in shipyard construction & modular fabrications were missing a la those B737 Max bolts outsourced overseas, oh well ... (early ??) dry docking can fix some of it.  

I was in an Ocean View on the Prima last year and we weren’t in the room much.  One afternoon when we were in there I did hear some creaking in the room.  It wasn’t much and I soon tuned it out.  I was never bothered by noise at night.  I’ve seen plenty of posts from people complaining about the cabin noise on the Prima so maybe it’s worse in balcony cabins or upper decks.

We have always been able to put 2 28" Samsonite soft-sided suitcases under each side of the bed (4 total).

Another trick is to leave part of your clothing in them for the first several days to not overload the closet and wardrobe shelves.

8 hours ago, stinkyharriet said:

I’ve seen plenty of posts from people complaining about the cabin noise on the Prima so maybe it’s worse in balcony cabins or upper decks.

balcony aft is known to have the majority of the serious noise problems on the prima, including some haven rooms.  i was in a club balcony and lost three or four nights sleep until they were able to give me a separate room for sleeping.

midship balconies seem to be unaffected.

• Like 2

On 1/24/2024 at 12:22 PM, mking8288 said:

Nope, LOL and if indeed true, would take the Fifth and maintain silence.

The squeaks & noises coming from behind the wall/ceiling panel, sliding balcony partition & wind whistling heard in just moderate sea state, etc. - all that was "annoying" for a nearly brand new ship, don't know how & what they used as insulations and to secure the panels.  Perhaps, QA in shipyard construction & modular fabrications were missing a la those B737 Max bolts outsourced overseas, oh well ... (early ??) dry docking can fix some of it.  Joy was quiet, relatively speaking and we blasted thru one of the Nor-Easter on the Bermuda transit just fine, aside from the loud sliding bathtub's double doors, fixed by old fashion wet towels as stoppers.  

I see I should have written 'Silence' instead of 'Silent' referring to the butterfly picture.

It sounds like you had same issues as us with creaky room.  Never more than moderate sea states yet room creaked like never before.  We were up high and aft.  Seemed to be up in ceiling and corners.

2 hours ago, dexddd said:

I see ... you had same issues as us with creaky room.  Never more than moderate sea states yet room creaked like never before.  We were up high and aft.  Seemed to be up in ceiling and corners.

LOL, it wasn't horrible per se, practically midship by the elevators/stairs Deck 9 previously with the family suite & accessible OV/obstructed balcony around the corner too.  Oddly, barely heard any noise below with the Oceanfront walkway or the water slide ... but then again, had lots of sea days & weren't that many children/teens onboard.  

Unless the *Away class ships, there is plenty of underbed storage for 4 med/large suitcases, not blocked with the basket for life vests ** (moved back to the top closet shelf - out of the way) and the 3 closets wide enough for 22" rollerboard on her side.  

The bed/frame design is good in that it's easy to pull the top sheets/bedding to do a quick embarkation check for bugs & anything else "hiding" below ... with a LED flashlight or switch on the i/smart/phone.