Queens Grill Cabins on Queen Victoria Q 3 and Q4

hampshirelad

A question for anyone who has used these cabins recently

Would you take a Q3 on Deck 5 or take one of the Q4 on Deck 7 which are grouped around midships if you had the choice.

There seems to be a margin al difference in price on the cruise I am looking at and the Q3's are slightly bigger.

Sometimes the layout of the room is better whatever the size.

Many thanks

12 minutes ago, hampshirelad said:

A question for anyone who has used these cabins recently

Would you take a Q3 on Deck 5 or take one of the Q4 on Deck 7 which are grouped around midships if you had the choice.

There seems to be a margin al difference in price on the cruise I am looking at and the Q3's are slightly bigger.

Sometimes the layout of the room is better whatever the size.

Many thanks

As far as I remember, they both have much the same layout. I would go for the higher deck, for a slightly longer view. Having said that, the Q3s are on the bit of the ship that protrudes, so give a wider view.

If cost isn't an issue, I'd go for the Q3. The wider view is better and it's very handy for the lifts up to decks 11 and 12 and the Lido buffet if you want to grab a bit to eat to take back to the cabin. It's also a bit lower down so theoretically more stable but then we book deck 7 and don't have a problem.Other than that, no difference.

Now if it was deck four Q3, that would take a bit of thinking about as the balcony is more appealing with its extra depth. You lose a bit on the cabin but on sunny cruises, I would pick deck 4 Q3 over 5, 6 &8.

edit

Just reacquainted myself with deck 7 Q4s.

If you really do mean mid ships and not mid aft/forward, then just be aware your balcony might partially be seen by the cabin on the end of the hump due to its balcony shape.

Edited by Victoria2

I don’t think the distance to the lift makes a difference either way, unless you have serious mobility issues. Indeed one can argue the further from the lifts the better, for a bit of extra exercise. But there is not too much of a walk to the lift from any of the Q4s.

Many thanks very much to both of you for those helpful comments and as we have been on Deck 5 before we will go for that.

I think the downside is that its too close to the lifts and last time we spent a lot of time going up and down to the grills and should have spent more time around the ship

For the benefit of  Victoria2 and exLondoner (DFL) as we say )

The Queens Grill prices for the QV in November are worth a look . From Southampton and down to the Canaries and back 12 days. Looks like everyone wants to book on Queen Anne.

Thought I would get my booking done before going viral. Once again many thanks.

The booking form looks like we have been cut back to one bottle of spirits ! or  2 bottles of wine

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, hampshirelad said:

The Queens Grill prices for the QV in November are worth a look . From Southampton and down to the Canaries and back 12 days. Looks like everyone wants to book on Queen Anne.

The booking form looks like we have been cut back to one bottle of spirits ! or  2 bottles of wine

Don't worry

Two  bottles of wine or spirits or a combo of both.

and breath! 🙂

5 minutes ago, hampshirelad said:

Trouble is, it's Nov!

We haven't sailed Canary Islands, yet,but from what I have seen, the prices are lower than other itineraries.

Enjoy. QV is wonderful.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Victoria2 said:

Trouble is, it's Nov!

We haven't sailed Canary Islands, yet,but from what I have seen, the prices are lower than other itineraries.

Enjoy. QV is wonderful.

Yes, I don’t like the dark evenings much. I usually spend 5.30 to 7.30 on the balcony with a book and a g+t, enjoying the sun. I’ve never worked out what else to do with the time.

9 minutes ago, hampshirelad said:

I think it is just the way it is worded. If you order gin and scotch, you will get 2 bottles, if you order red wine and white wine you will be entitled to four bottles. If gin and wine, three bottles. It’s academic anyway, because, as soon as you get near the bottom of the gin, they will usually bring you another bottle.

• Like 1

Just now, jaypo63 said:

Our butler NEVER let us run dry of wine ,in fact they were piling up 🥴🥴

I thought that was part of the Butler's remit.

Keep their passengers happy - in both senses of the word!!! 😀

We travel on QE and QV to the Canaries regularly. Always in QG. Always November/December.

Can't say I find the prices any lower than on other trips. On release, there are usually decent prices, if you're quick, but they rise pretty quickly.

We enjoy leaving the lousy UK winter weather and enjoy the warmth and sunshine.

Last November we had a Q3 on Deck 8. This year we have a Q3 suite at the stern of QA, as we also do the following year.

Although, I must admit, I'm just a wee bit apprehensive because it's an unknown, so fingers crossed!

Stewart

• Like 2

4 hours ago, exlondoner said:

Yes, I don’t like the dark evenings much. I usually spend 5.30 to 7.30 on the balcony with a book and a g+t, enjoying the sun. I’ve never worked out what else to do with the time.

You could of course have still have a g+t while watching the sunset (very pleasant temperature still) then after 6.00 progress to the grills lounge or anyone of the other bars to finish off pre dinner drinks.

11 hours ago, seasickphil said:

You could of course have still have a g+t while watching the sunset (very pleasant temperature still) then after 6.00 progress to the grills lounge or anyone of the other bars to finish off pre dinner drinks.

It I‘d have to properly dressed far too early, and I would have to have my cabin g+t to early, and end up drinking too much, and it just wouldn’t fit. What I would prefer to do is wander about the ship, but I can’t do that until I’m properly dressed.

1 hour ago, exlondoner said:

It I‘d have to properly dressed far too early, and I would have to have my cabin g+t to early, and end up drinking too much, and it just wouldn’t fit. What I would prefer to do is wander about the ship, but I can’t do that until I’m properly dressed.

It is not my place or intention to say what you should do, of course not but just to say that you could certainly sit on your balcony in the sun until around 6.30 at that time of year, this is of course after you get as far south as Madeira.

7 minutes ago, seasickphil said:

It is not my place or intention to say what you should do, of course not but just to say that you could certainly sit on your balcony in the sun until around 6.30 at that time of year, this is of course after you get as far south as Madeira.

It does of course depend on what side of the ship, and the weather. I have not been in November, but on a Christmas cruise, it grew gloomy very early. It just doesn’t work for me. Even on a Med. cruise in October, it was gloomy quite early. So now we spend our hard earned cash on expensive cabins in peak season. 😀

We have done 3-4 cruises on QV/QE in November/December in recent years and had lovely UK summer weather in Madeira and Canaries and had plenty of opportunity to sit on our balconies into the early evening in the sun.

4 minutes ago, hampshirelad said:

Went Barcelona to Barcelona over 12 days with Celebrity 17th November. Wall to wall sunshine every day with temps in the 70's

I’m sure, but not at 7 pm, I suspect. 

On 1/24/2024 at 5:06 PM, BigMac1953 said:

We travel on QE and QV to the Canaries regularly. Always in QG. Always November/December.

Can't say I find the prices any lower than on other trips. On release, there are usually decent prices, if you're quick, but they rise pretty quickly.

We enjoy leaving the lousy UK winter weather and enjoy the warmth and sunshine.

Last November we had a Q3 on Deck 8. This year we have a Q3 suite at the stern of QA, as we also do the following year.

Although, I must admit, I'm just a wee bit apprehensive because it's an unknown, so fingers crossed!

Stewart

We’ve booked QA for this December and next November/December to the Canaries in the Q5 cabins at the stern.

Lovely sheltered balconies. Love a little winter sun and being looked after  in the grills.

Edited by Glenndale