Share holder onboard credit

5 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Is that when you leverage to take advantage of a near term increase in the stock price?

Kind of.....A "put" option is what you buy if you want the price to go down, and a "call" option is what you buy if you hope the price of the stock to go up. I was referring to my put options right as covid was hitting 😉

5 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Is that when you leverage to take advantage of a near term increase in the stock price?

buying put options is betting on price decrease-Feb 2020 was right before the c-19 shutdown.

buying calls is betting for a price increase

On 1/25/2024 at 8:40 PM, Pitzel said:

I don’t have a photo, but we have gotten cards in our cabin on every sailing showing that we have OBC from our TA

but have you received that same card for the shareholder credit?  I've also never seen a card for the shareholder credit.  Only for purchased OBC.  and I also wouldn't expect for the credit to just show up when you get onboard.  If you don't have it by the time you are getting onbard, you're probably not going to get it.  It only takes a few days for them to apply it once you apply.  Once again, different from purchased OBC (either by you, your TA, or friends/family)

2 hours ago, dbrown84 said:

but have you received that same card for the shareholder credit?  I've also never seen a card for the shareholder credit.  Only for purchased OBC.  and I also wouldn't expect for the credit to just show up when you get onboard.  If you don't have it by the time you are getting onbard, you're probably not going to get it.  It only takes a few days for them to apply it once you apply.  Once again, different from purchased OBC (either by you, your TA, or friends/family)

No, the cards in your stateroom do not show up for shareholder credits, but that wasn’t the question that I was responding to. If you go back and read my original reply, you will see that the question was around OBC from their TA not showing up on their account. That is what you might not see until much closer to boarding, depending on how far in advance your TA purchases the credit for you. 

7 minutes ago, Pitzel said:

No, the cards in your stateroom do not show up for shareholder credits, but that wasn’t the question that I was responding to. If you go back and read my original reply, you will see that the question was around OBC from their TA not showing up on their account. That is what you might not see until much closer to boarding, depending on how far in advance your TA purchases the credit for you. 

you are absolutely correct.  I was basing it on the OP question, not the actual question you were answering. sorry

• Like 1

Has anyone tried OBC with a solo room (not the solo suites but the new designation of solo inside, solo Oceanview, solo balcony). I'm curious if "Singles paying 200% are entitled to full onboard credit value" will be changed to allow for solo category bookings or if we will only get a portion of the shareholder credit (or nothing!).

32 minutes ago, prov2727 said:

Has anyone tried OBC with a solo room (not the solo suites but the new designation of solo inside, solo Oceanview, solo balcony). I'm curious if "Singles paying 200% are entitled to full onboard credit value" will be changed to allow for solo category bookings or if we will only get a portion of the shareholder credit (or nothing!).

just got off the Getaway last Saturday, and stayed in a solo inside.  I received the full credit.  Honestly, I've never really understood that term, because I've always traveled solo and have never had a problem receiving the credit.

On 1/29/2024 at 10:13 AM, dbrown84 said:

just got off the Getaway last Saturday, and stayed in a solo inside.  I received the full credit.  Honestly, I've never really understood that term, because I've always traveled solo and have never had a problem receiving the credit.

Awesome! That makes me happy since I had just finally acquired the full 100 stocks and then was worried that I would never be able to use them.

On 1/24/2024 at 4:30 PM, Russiamomm said:

There is no minimum time.  Last week I applied for a cruise I’m doing in August and it was processed within two days.

Have you fully paid? I have a cruise in December that I only owe $300 on

23 minutes ago, victory2020 said:

Have you fully paid? I have a cruise in December that I only owe $300 on

I have always submitted the benefit request form before final payment.  Never been an issue and usually shows up within a few days even when we owe everything but our deposit still.

• Thanks 1

Applied Friday via email.  Immediate form letter confirmation.  Monday "done" email confirmation.  Monday amenity confirmation receipt.  It is showing on the web site summary at the top as well as a purchased add on, non refundable.

Just an update on my situation.  I emailed all info on Thursday.  I got the immediate confirmation email with a case number.  As of today still nothing.  I keep checking my summary page.  I have other OBC from NCL but still no shareholder OBC.  I will re-email them on Monday if I still have not heard.  My next cruise is not until the end of April so there is plenty of time.  

1 hour ago, skeeter195 said:

Just an update on my situation.  I emailed all info on Thursday.  I got the immediate confirmation email with a case number.  As of today still nothing.  I keep checking my summary page.  I have other OBC from NCL but still no shareholder OBC.  I will re-email them on Monday if I still have not heard.  My next cruise is not until the end of April so there is plenty of time.  

I got an email with the case number. Waited 10 (I think?) days and didn't get anything. Emailed them referencing the case number as instructed to do and just got a reply of a new case number. Waited the ten or what ever days and then called NCL and they said that there's nothing they could do and to email again even though I would get get the generic email with a new case number. Ended up mailing them the certificate and all 3 emails certified mail and got an immediate response with the credit. Hopefully just emails will do the trick for you.