Live From Celebrity Reflection: 6 Day Caribbean 1/28-2/3/24

jam19872016

6 minutes ago, Von & John said:

LOL  --  All Ships / All Lines seem to run AC on the "Cool" side 🙂 
Much prefer that to too hot!

I agree. I have always run hot and it seems so many places don't keep things cool enough for me. I always say, if you are cold you can add clothes. I can't take them off

• Like 3

Packing done. Just the last minute items will need to be grabbed in the morning.

Dinner was good although portion sizes could use some improvement. I am sure I did not need more, but one would think they would want to send us off fat and happy.

The short rib was super tender with a wonderful flavor. One fatty piece (very visible in the picture) that I scraped off and the remainder was edible and delicious. 

The vegetables served with it were uninspiring. Back to the frozen vegetables instead of the nice fresh cut ones I enjoyed last night. It really makes a difference elevating the meal.

The pork had potential but it was unfortunately dried out. The sauce and red cabbage were phenomenal and did a great job masking the dried out pork. I think this happened last time I ordered it. If they could find away to serve the pork still tender this could be a 10 out of 10.

That cake was again heavenly and although I did not expect the ice cream to be served with it they did taste great together.

The gelato was nice as well and I picked a good flavor this time. I can't imagine paying for it, but as a complimentary one time per sailing benefit, I enjoyed it.

Another good meal and outstanding service. I was also pleased that I was able to show up at prime time and had no wait.

• Like 5

I'm in for the night. Going to finally finish Oppenheimer and then hopefully get some sleep.

I'm surprised I did not get further into the on-demand movies but I suppose that is because I spent so much time enjoying the other parts of the ship. That's a fair trade off.

Thanks everyone for following along this far. See you tomorrow from Ft. Lauderdale. 

• Like 13

10 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

if you call them caviar instead, it becomes much fancier and more attractive. 🙂 lol

Unless you are not talking about fish eggs? 

I would probably call them roe, which I do like, unlike caviar, but I was talking about hen’s eggs. Ugh.

• Like 2

Good morning everyone. 

I actually fell asleep quickly and stayed asleep which is so so rare for disembark day.

That said, it's still way too early.

If the line isn't too terrible  going to go ahead and head off, otherwise I'll park it somewhere until last call.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, princess76021 said:

Safe drive home if you disembark before I wake up tomorrow!

I'm putting that button back in the freezer!!

Hugs from Texas

Thank you! It was so nice not needing to push it. Hopefully I can make it through the last stretch without any use for it.

10 hours ago, Blackjackboss said:

Wow your boss is great!!! After a week off. 😀

Humble too 😉

• Like 4

4 hours ago, exlondoner said:

I would probably call them roe, which I do like, unlike caviar, but I was talking about hen’s eggs. Ugh.

I can't fathom eating fish eggs and not bird eggs. Oh my goodness. 

4 hours ago, exlondoner said:

And when is the next cruise you are taking us on?

Oasis of the Seas February 18! I'll be sure to post a link here when I get started 😀

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for the Lovely Cruise & looking to the next one in just a couple of weeks!
Please add link to this or another review - so we are alerted to Join.

Truly appreciate the time you spend on the reviews - until we are able to cruise again...

Cheers  --  Von

• Like 1

22 hours ago, princess76021 said:

Safe drive home if you disembark before I wake up tomorrow!

I'm putting that button back in the freezer!!

Hugs from Texas

Before the button got put away, a group of birds took an Oh Crap! all over my car at the parking lot! That happened in Port Canaveral once too. I don't know why my car is such a bird poop magnet.

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

we absolutely loved her last year.

Thank you for taking us on the journey with you!

Me too! Oasis class is probably my favorite class of ship and with Icon priced the way it is, it will probably remain my favorite for years to come still. 

10 hours ago, georgiaguy said:

Thanks for letting us tagalong with you!

Happy to do it! Thanks for following along.

• Like 3