Live From Celebrity Reflection: 6 Day Caribbean 1/28-2/3/24

jam19872016

On the way....Google says 9:19 I will arrive for parking which is way too early since it's maybe five minutes away from the port.

Better early and I can drive in the slow lane away from the crazies that treat I95 as the Daytona 500.

Simply the best 🎶 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

On the way....Google says 9:19 I will arrive for parking which is way too early since it's maybe five minutes away from the port.

Better early and I can drive in the slow lane away from the crazies that treat I95 as the Daytona 500.

Simply the best 🎶 

Good mornng! And YAY!!! We're on our way!

Be safe on the road!

Can't wait to get on the ship!!

Hugs from texas!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, princess76021 said:

Good mornng! And YAY!!! We're on our way!

Be safe on the road!

Can't wait to get on the ship!!

Hugs from texas!!

Almost on now...all hurdles jumped...seamless so far. 

1 hour ago, pcvtmom said:

I'm excited to see another review from you! I'm ready to eat, drink, and listen to some good music with you (at least in spirit 😁).

I'm ready too.  Let's go!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, exlondoner said:

Weather looks a bit discouraging. You not going to have another bad weather cruise, are you?

It's possible. It's that time of year for yucky sailing weather. I'm an inside animal so I'm good but I feel bad for those looking forward to a week of sun and smooth seas.

• Like 3

Lady on the shuttle going on her first cruise. So much excitement in her voice loved her energy.

Other couple on the shuttle on the ship with me and we've been chatting about our travels and experiences. 

• Like 5

13 hours ago, jam19872016 said:

I don't like having to find a gas station in South Florida, I don't know where the bad neighborhood's are

the one time we drove from the cruise we found gas stations conveniently positioned in the middle of the highway. Like in the dividing lane, so you don't have to get off the highway, pay the toll, get back on the highway, pay the toll...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jam19872016 said:

On the way.

I may have missed it, but which state are you driving from?

Edited to add: never mind, somewhere close it appears, since it took you very little time and it has palm trees. 🙂

My husband refuses to drive for more than 7 hours, so we always fly to and from the cruise.

It doesn't help that during the pandemic our kid developed severe car sickness and can now barely make it to the airport (about 45-60 minutes away), let alone 10+ hours it would take us to drive from ATL to FLL/MIA. Or even Port Canaveral. 

So, now I wait for Spirit tickets to go on sale - the price usually drops significantly within 90 days of the cruise, going from $350 each way to $99-125 each way. I've just bought them for $104 pp ATL-FLL for our upcoming Reflection cruise (65 days out).

And if you are flying to the cruise on Tue-Th the price drops to $27 (!!!) pp.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

I may have missed it, but which state are you driving from?

Edited to add: never mind, somewhere close it appears, since it took you very little time and it has palm trees. 🙂

My husband refuses to drive for more than 7 hours, so we always fly to and from the cruise.

It doesn't help that during the pandemic our kid developed severe car sickness and can now barely make it to the airport (about 45-60 minutes away), let alone 10+ hours it would take us to drive from ATL to FLL/MIA. Or even Port Canaveral. 

So, now I wait for Spirit tickets to go on sale - the price usually drops significantly within 90 days of the cruise, going from $350 each way to $99-125 each way. I've just bought them for $104 pp ATL-FLL for our upcoming Reflection cruise (65 days out).

And if you are flying to the cruise on Tue-Th the price drops to $27 (!!!) pp.

South Florida....80 degrees every day still. It's insane.  I've lived in Florida my while life but used to live in Northern Florida and can't get over the climate difference from one end of the sunshine state to the other.

No flying these days for me. When I do Europe I take the long way...by boat 🤣 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

Tried to muster, they won't start until 1130 so will get my mustard later.

Celebrity let's use drop your bags...very nice touch.

20240128_110305.thumb.jpg.78f6dffe75f411cd5f13948862bae246.jpg

My inside hole for the week.

20240128_110406.thumb.jpg.6e14d9976f3e0d11661b692420a6ed60.jpg

Inside with a sofa - nice!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

Lunch not quite open yet.

is that gelato or ice cream, and is it free in any case?

4 minutes ago, balcony bound said:

Inside with a sofa - nice!

we have an inside cabin with the sofa AND a pullman bed. When I was booking, Celebrity website offered either a cabin with a sofa or a cabin with a sofa and a pullman bed - I chose the latter. DS loves Pullman beds. Other cruise lines do not give you a choice - you get a cabin for 3, and that's it.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy
  • Like 1

And we're caught up. I'm sitting outside for cell service. Using my free minutes before I pay for wifi so  ot connected yet and had no signal inside.

Odyssey is next door.

20240128_111037.thumb.jpg.94d882616ebaf31b079512758e4715d9.jpg

Crew is very engaging and friendly so far which I've always found to be the case on Celebrity*

*with one exception that I'll talk about later

Heading back to check on food my belly is ready to end the diet!

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

is that gelato or ice cream, and is it free in any case?

Ice cream. Included and VERY tasty. I believe it's made onboard. That could be wrong but either way it's much better than standard included cruise ship ice cream.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1