Live From Celebrity Reflection: 6 Day Caribbean 1/28-2/3/24

jam19872016

20 minutes ago, doghog said:

Bon Voyage. 🥂

Thank you!

12 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

oh, man, all those toppings! My DH will be so happy. He loves custom made salads with different toppings.

Very nice selection. I don't particularly enjoy salads but adding a salad a day helped me I believe not gain as much last month as I did on my transatlantic. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, georgiaguy said:

Our last cruise was on Reflection and also the ship we got on right after I proposed at sunrise on the beach in Miami. Brings back good memories. 

My first celebrity ship was Reflection. I'm excited to be back on her it's a really nice ship.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

Thank you!

Very nice selection. I don't particularly enjoy salads but adding a salad a day helped me I believe not gain as much last month as I did on my transatlantic. 

I have a hard time recognizing salad as food, unless there is meat involved.  Careful with the salad dressing - those are the calories.

• Like 3

Just now, balcony bound said:

I have a hard time recognizing salad as food, unless there is meat involved.  Careful with the salad dressing - those are the calories.

I added meat and cheese. Went too heavy on the pour on the salad dressing. Definitely added too many calories there I will go lighter next time.

Just now, jam19872016 said:

Guess I will try to get mustard again and check on the sparkling wine situation at the martini bar.

Is that the same thing as getting plastered. 😁

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

I love the lawn on this class of ships. Very cool and unique. 

17064613201656713239489724320699.thumb.jpg.e9540bc52f68f5e6c63919318482f24c.jpg

This may be a naive question, but is it real?

And of course the second question, as with gingerbread villages, is why?

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

The grass is real. I've seen better on S class ships 

Edited by doghog
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

3 minutes ago, doghog said:

The grass is real. I've seen better on S class ships 

It is real. Just for the novelty factor pretty cool use of the deck space since they don't need to devote real estate to the kids attractions.

It looks a little patchy here, some of the other areas are holding up a little better.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

And is it permanently cordoned off, so you can only look at it?

Some sections are. Some are open with a gentle reminder to not wear high heels on the grass. They rotate sections so each can have some rest without the herds stampeding over them.

Edited by jam19872016
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Got mustard

20240128_122806.thumb.jpg.5c3e0716cd98f0c4ba52869454de5ad0.jpg

Asked about the welcome aboard sparkling wing at martini bar bartender had no idea what I was talking about. He asked another bartender and it's a no go. No welcome aboard bubbly for me today.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Buffet lunch was average at best unfortunately.

I'm not a buffet fan in general but for included options it's that or hamburgers and hot dogs.

The veal cutlet was dried out other than that the food was passable but cold. Some is on me because I stopped for photos and got all three plates instead of each course individually. No way it should have gone cold that fast though.

The salad was great for a salad. Very nice selection of toppings and I appreciated the seperate line instead of one long lineup like on Carnival.

Dessert was again just average with a lovely orange cream kind of dessert (the one in the glass) but some that were dried out and flavorless. Will stick mostly to the bread pudding and ice cream for the most part going forward, those have always been really good.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

it's definitely real. Looks very sad.

32 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

Just for the novelty factor pretty cool use of the deck space since they don't need to devote real estate to the kids attractions.

speaking of attractions, do you see any ping pong tables, and is pickleball available on the ship? I know there should be ping pong tables, but the last video that I saw had them in the elevator bank foyer. Weird placement.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

7 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

No way it should have gone cold that fast though.

as a mom who makes sure the kid is fed first, I've always "enjoyed" cold buffet food.... 😞 So, to me it makes no difference if the food started out nice and hot.

15 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

Buffet lunch was average at best unfortunately.

I'm not a buffet fan in general but for included options it's that or hamburgers and hot dogs.

The veal cutlet was dried out other than that the food was passable but cold. Some is on me because I stopped for photos and got all three plates instead of each course individually. No way it should have gone cold that fast though.

The salad was great for a salad. Very nice selection of toppings and I appreciated the seperate line instead of one long lineup like on Carnival.

Dessert was again just average with a lovely orange cream kind of dessert (the one in the glass) but some that were dried out and flavorless. Will stick mostly to the bread pudding and ice cream for the most part going forward, those have always been really good.

I know appearances aren’t everything, but I thought those freshly made while cakes that appeared sometimes on Carnival looked far more inviting.

• Like 2