Am I the only one?

7 minutes ago, Langham1865 said:

@graphicguyeither I've read you mention this before or someone else had the same experience... AWESOME!!!!  cracked me up...

Yeah..I’ve relayed it before.  I’m not a prude.  Carrying naked pics of your wife?  Hey, that’s all good.  Sharing them with a complete stranger?  She was an attractive lady.  Wouldn’t want to share that with anyone else!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I am no way saying that someone cant have a bad cruise or a bad cruise review should be ignored.  I am focusing on the extreme effort to try and terrorize the reader from ever booking that cruise. I remember a funny review that had the word "rancid" in the title.  The writer alleged that every meal served in the MDR was "rancid."  Eventually they gave up sending food back and decided to just eat the shrimp appetizer.  But that too was rancid and they requested the waiter smell the shrimp.

There are those who eat the entire meal and then complain about it later and demand their money back.  NCL or any restaurant will never force you to eat a meal.  If you take a bite and you dont like it then send it back.  I was in line once at Cagneys and there was a drunk guy ahead of me that was arguing with the maître d that the meal he had the night before was the worst steak he ever had in his life and he wanted his money back.  Is it not funny he ate the whole thing and never said a word until the next day?

Do any old timers around here remember the guy who would post endless threads about how bad the Epic was without sailing it.  Then he booked a cruise and purposely overflooded the sink in his room to show the sink bowl was too small and posted video and photos of it here.  Then he would take photos of garbage around the ship.  His entire focus and obsession became trying to convince everyone sailing on the Epic was like a death sentence.

Edited by david_sobe

3 hours ago, graphicguy said:

While paging through the pictures, one pops up of his wife....NAKED.  He chuckles and said he meant to delete it.  He keeps scrolling and more and more of his wife's naked pics crop up.  He kept looking to get my response, as it was now clear he was doing it on purpose.  I was way uncomfortable, particularly given she was only about 25 feet away chatting with someone else.  I excused myself.  Never saw him in the Diamond Lounge again.

I'm gonna guess these people have an upside down pineapple on their door.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Jordan61 said:

I'm gonna guess these people have an upside down pineapple on their door.

Never thought to ask!  LOL! 

I’m a one woman kind of person!  So, never want to go down that rabbit hole!

4 hours ago, david_sobe said:

Another one stated someone laying on the bed made it impossible to brush your teeth on Epic.  You needed to move their feet because they were too close to the sink.

In some balcony rooms on Epic, the headboard is next to the sink....the reviewer should feel better now, I suppose.

I remember the Haven guest who was upset because she didn't get towel animals. Another Haven guest was crying (her words) because the staff referred to other Haven guests by name and the staff never remembered her name. Someone else thought that the go-karts were too.........FAST?!?!?!?! 🙄

I think that because of so many irrelevant complaints, staff and management become immune to all complaints. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, david_sobe said:

I am no way saying that someone cant have a bad cruise or a bad cruise review should be ignored.  I am focusing on the extreme effort to try and terrorize the reader from ever booking that cruise. I remember a funny review that had the word "rancid" in the title.  The writer alleged that every meal served in the MDR was "rancid."  Eventually they gave up sending food back and decided to just eat the shrimp appetizer.  But that too was rancid and they requested the waiter smell the shrimp.

There are those who eat the entire meal and then complain about it later and demand their money back.  NCL or any restaurant will never force you to eat a meal.  If you take a bite and you dont like it then send it back.  I was in line once at Cagneys and there was a drunk guy ahead of me that was arguing with the maître d that the meal he had the night before was the worst steak he ever had in his life and he wanted his money back.  Is it not funny he ate the whole thing and never said a word until the next day?

Do any old timers around here remember the guy who would post endless threads about how bad the Epic was without sailing it.  Then he booked a cruise and purposely overflooded the sink in his room to show the sink bowl was too small and posted video and photos of it here.  Then he would take photos of garbage around the ship.  His entire focus and obsession became trying to convince everyone sailing on the Epic was like a death sentence.

I remember that guy!  A while ago!!!!!

Not actual reviews, but there was one person posting here who said his wife insisted on bringing her guitar on board so she could serenade passengers in the Atruim!

Then there was the lady who wanted her Haven Butler to personally wake her every morning instead of just setting her phone’s alarm or leaving a wake up call on the phone.  It had to be the Butler to come in and gently shake her awake every morning!

Then, there was the YouTuber who insisted on being served a meal in the Haven even though he wasn’t staying in the Haven, but was a YouTuber!  When he was denied, he did a hatchet job on one of NCL’s best Concierges!

5 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Not actual reviews, but there was one person posting here who said his wife insisted on bringing her guitar on board so she could serenade passengers in the Atruim!

One of my all time favorites!

• Like 1

I think sometimes people troll the board though.  Does anyone remember......Can I bring my own mattress thread?   I also remember the person that started a thread to ask if they could practice their piano concert number on one of the NCL pianos while on board.  They had a concert coming up and wanted to practice on vacation. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, david_sobe said:

I think sometimes people troll the board though.  Does anyone remember......Can I bring my own mattress thread?  

Like the guy who asked if he could bring his own grill to cook out on his balcony? 🤣  That one was actually funny.

• Haha 4

21 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

One of my all time favorites!

Slightly out of context, but...

I had dealings with a British company in mid 2010's.  We agreed to meet twice a year, alternating locations.  This meant I got to go to England once a year for 5 years.

Since the company books cheapest fares, I never flew from the same US airport twice, and used 4 different airlines.

EVERY flight I took to England had 3 or 4 people lugging guitars.  Maybe all but 1 was acoustic.

Finding overhead storage for acoustic guitars...yeah.  Always a struggle and flight attendants working hard to move things around.  

Yet the owners (25-35 yrs) acted like everyone else should make room for THEIR irregular fragile items.

Why the airlines ever let them on I can't guess.  

The curious thing is that I don't recall seeing guitars on the return flights.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Like the guy who asked if he could bring his own grill to cook out on his balcony? 🤣  That one was actually funny.

There was one who wanted to know if he could fish from  his balcony and would the chef cook his catch.

I also liked the one where a passenger wanted to put a bird feeder on his balcony.

• Haha 2

My favorite was the woman who spend her entire cruise sobbing uncontrollably after she discovered that she had booked a hull balcony.

That aside,

Read enough CC reviews and it becomes apparent that there are two huge drivers behind the over the top reviews:

#1 - Need for attention

#2 - Need for compensation

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SeaShark said:

My favorite was the woman who spend her entire cruise sobbing uncontrollably after she discovered that she had booked a hull balcony.

That aside,

Read enough CC reviews and it becomes apparent that there are two huge drivers behind the over the top reviews:

#1 - Need for attention

#2 - Need for compensation

Agree.

Would add #3…Utter Narcissism!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, SeaShark said:

That was one of my favorites too.  Seems like maybe it was her honeymoon, so I'm sure the marriage was doomed.  

Edited by Travelicious
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Agree.

Would add #3…Utter Narcissism!

I was going to add a third category, which would have been those with a constant need to let everyone know that they will be, are, or were in the Haven. You know, the posts where "Haven" is mentioned in every other sentence...they even say "Haven butler" so as not to get it confused with the other butler?

However, I think this, and the narcissim folks, really fall under #1.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, SeaShark said:

I was going to add a third category, which would have been those with a constant need to let everyone know that they will be, are, or were in the Haven. You know, the posts where "Haven" is mentioned in every other sentence...they even say "Haven butler" so as not to get it confused with the other butler?

However, I think this, and the narcissim folks, really fall under #1.

Wait a minute…I sail the Haven…are you saying I’m a narcissistic “sphincter”?  You may be right! 😉

There will always be minor setbacks or negative aspects on your vacations. It's all how you react to it, and if you can put it in perspective.

In 2015 I sailed on the NCL Sun around South America. It was an older ship about to go into dry dock. It was 14 days long with a lot of sea days. We like to eat lunch in the MDR on sea days, but there were only two menus that rotated, which got really boring by the end. Towards the end of our trip, my husband and I sat next to another couple and we discussed how on a 2 week trip there should really be more variety. As the conversation went on, I realized that the man was seriously upset about this. They also complained about how the ship needed new upholstery. These things ruined his vacation. Meanwhile, I was having the time of my life on this vacation and I loved the Sun, even with the worn upholstery and repetitive menu. Of course I would have rather had more variety but in the scheme of things, it was nothing. 

i'm not happy unless my haven butler cuts my steak for me. small pieces. and then i very much enjoy when he or she feeds me, preferably while making airplane noises, while bringing each bite to my mouth in a circular motion. 

and i do love it so when peter max draws my bath.

literally.

i must have six or seven of his bath paintings. it's nice because my haven butler brings them to me and i don't have to deal with park west.

• Haha 4

52 minutes ago, UKstages said:

i'm not happy unless my haven butler cuts my steak for me. small pieces. and then i very much enjoy when he or she feeds me, preferably while making airplane noises, while bringing each bite to my mouth in a circular motion. 

and i do love it so when peter max draws my bath.

literally.

i must have six or seven of his bath paintings. it's nice because my haven butler brings them to me and i don't have to deal with park west.

You are funny.  But many years ago there actually was a couple that sailed in the Haven often would post cruise photos of their sailings here.  There were photos of the butler in Cagneys cutting the steak of their children who were about 9 years old.  There were no photos of the butler spoon feeding the children but I was floored anyone would make a butler stand by their table at Cagneys and cut their meat.  Even if your child was handicapped and could not do it themselves (which was not the case here), would you not cut your own child's meat.  So your comment is not too far from reality.  Maybe there were airplane noises that we dont know about. 

12 minutes ago, david_sobe said:

You are funny.  But many years ago there actually was a couple that sailed in the Haven often would post cruise photos of their sailings here.  There were photos of the butler in Cagneys cutting the steak of their children who were about 9 years old.  There were no photos of the butler spoon feeding the children but I was floored anyone would make a butler stand by their table at Cagneys and cut their meat.  Even if your child was handicapped and could not do it themselves (which was not the case here), would you not cut your own child's meat.  So your comment is not too far from reality.  Maybe there were airplane noises that we dont know about. 

That is effing ridiculous.

• Haha 1

That said, my hubs with dementia finds cutting his steak just too much. I, with much mother-experience, just grabs his steak and cuts. On the Jewel last year, our adorable waitress said, oh let me do that for you with a huge smile. ❤️

• Like 4