Fantastica changes

bruce85

11 hours ago, Beamafar said:

Nor will it be until embarkation.  You’ll have to queue to see the m’D onboard should you wish to change the assigned time.  He’ll be available between certain times in one of the MDRs (usually).  Guest Services will be able to tell you where to go. 

I understand that but Fantastica any other time I've booked allowed me to pick my dining time,.as in early.or late. This will be my 5th sailing.with MSC. No option on this cruise.

11 hours ago, bluecontrolman said:

As someone who is pretty new to all this - what are the issues with dinner times?

I've been on one cruise before (also MSC) and they just offered us 1st or 2nd sitting (either starting at 6 or 8). 

For us personally, we have been assigned a 5.30 dining time in the past. For us that is to early to eat dinner, we like to eat between 7 and 8. So on the cruise we had the 5.30 time we ended up eating the buffet every night except for the two nights we did specialty dining. I understand some people don't care what time they eat,.but that's just us. Plus I enjoy.the MDR way more than the buffet. 

If you have a dinner time preference, maybe send MSC an email and they can add it to your booking.  Below is what I see in my booking confirmation, for a booking with Bella experience.   

image.thumb.png.e3b28738307b235fa2b49c03e8071174.png

One problem is you can only request early (1730) or late (1930? or 2130?) - so by requesting late it could be very late.

2 hours ago, 8420PR said:

If you have a dinner time preference, maybe send MSC an email and they can add it to your booking.  Below is what I see in my booking confirmation, for a booking with Bella experience.   

image.thumb.png.e3b28738307b235fa2b49c03e8071174.png

One problem is you can only request early (1730) or late (1930? or 2130?) - so by requesting late it could be very late.

I did email them at this email

MSCExistingReservations@msccruisesusa.com

Got a reply stating they do not handle dining requests at that email anymore.

Is there another email?

Thanks.

On my reservation my dining time shows " not assigned"

On 2/3/2024 at 7:54 AM, bruce85 said:

I did email them at this email

MSCExistingReservations@msccruisesusa.com

Got a reply stating they do not handle dining requests at that email anymore.

Is there another email?

Thanks.

On my reservation my dining time shows " not assigned"

It won't be assigned until you get on the ship. Early dining can be anything from 5:30 to I believe 7:30 or 8. They have staggered times in the different dining rooms. Late dining I believe was 8:30 or 9:30.  When you request dining times you only have the choice of choosing early or late when you book. MSC will give you the exact time on your cruise card after you board.

MSC has been testing dining options for Fantastica.  That being My Choice. Originally when booked, reservation showed “complimentary restaurant”. Now I have been changed to My Choice - any restaurant.  Sailing on Divina.

IMG_1341.jpeg

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Ed342 said:

MSC has been testing dining options for Fantastica.  That being My Choice. Originally when booked, reservation showed “complimentary restaurant”. Now I have been changed to My Choice - any restaurant.  Sailing on Divina.

IMG_1341.jpeg

I'm sailing on the Seashore in May.  I was prompted to update the app on my phone but it still has complimentary restaurant under My Cruise Info.  I guess they're rolling this out a ship at a time. I did notice that the ship is leaving Port Canaveral at 5pm instead of 6pm as previously listed.  

I now have ‘My Choice’ dining with a Fantastica category cabin on our September Splendida booking. It’s still ‘Complimentary’ dining on our May Seascape booking.  

Edited by Beamafar
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

So far, 2 Fantasia class ships (Splendida & Divina) in 2 different regions (Europe & US)  introducing ‘My Choice’ dining for Fantastica bookings. 

I will definitely post back here on Sunday or Monday and let you know what the reality onboard is.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

I will definitely post back here on Sunday or Monday and let you know what the reality onboard is.

Thanks. I’ll be interested to read your experience of it.  I’m following your review. 👍

2 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

When was that and what happened?

On Meraviglia.  We were onboard for the first sailing after the inaugural (in YC).   It was an unmitigated disaster.  Most people turned up every night around 8pm and there was utter chaos outside the MDRs.  It was abandoned just a few weeks later.  That was in 2017. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, laudergayle said:

We sail in 3 weeks, Seashore out of PC, 3-day.  Where are y’all see these docs with your dining choice on the app or online?

In the app, if you log into your booking and then go to "Profile" then go to "My Cruise" there will be a Dining Info section at the bottom.

50 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

In the app, if you log into your booking and then go to "Profile" then go to "My Cruise" there will be a Dining Info section at the bottom.

Thanks for the direction.  Unfortunately it just says “Complimentary Dining” without any other designation. I really hope it will be “My Time” dining by the time we board.  We are introducing my brother and his wife to MSC and want it to be as freestyle as can be.  My DH and I typically book specialty dining or Aurea to avoid the mass dining…but their dietary tastes limited us to Butchers Cut.

On 1/29/2024 at 6:57 PM, Morgsmom said:

Groups reservations are linked (or should be) which will put them in the same seating time. Why should groups get preferential dining slots or choice thereof is my question?  

That depends on what kind of group you're referring to: Is it a few different cabins purchased from different TA's and linked just for MDR purposes, or are you talking about a small charter group, no matter if open or closed in their individuals constituency? If you're talking about the first kind of group, then no they shouldn't be granted same time and location, and they should be dealt with at a first come first served depending on availability. Now the small charters are historically dealt by MSC on a separate way, with some priority. All my MSC cruises were as part of a small charter group with a tour leader, very common here in Europe, and we, the group's participants, have no say on what our dinning time will actually to be, being that almost solved by the tour company that organizes our trip. There will be so a "roped off" area on the MDR with our tables assigned for the whole group and that is managed directly between the w companies.

Regarding the OP, I believe this as being once more, one of those never ending MSC's IT problems.

10 hours ago, laudergayle said:

Thanks for the direction.  Unfortunately it just says “Complimentary Dining” without any other designation. I really hope it will be “My Time” dining by the time we board.  We are introducing my brother and his wife to MSC and want it to be as freestyle as can be.  My DH and I typically book specialty dining or Aurea to avoid the mass dining…but their dietary tastes limited us to Butchers Cut.

"Complimentary Dining" is what it used to say/normally says for Fantastica, which is why some of us are excited to see My Choice listed there instead. It seems to me like MSC may be experimenting with My Choice dining for Fantastica on ships and/or sailings, but we don't actually have any confirmation of that, since all the posts about it have been for upcoming cruises. My app now says "My Choice" for my sailing on the Divina this Sunday, so I will definitely post back once I am onboard and have firsthand information.

• Thanks 2

On 1/29/2024 at 4:52 PM, 8420PR said:

Nothing has changed on the UK website since last November.  

It still says Fantastica gets "Chance to request preferred dinner sitting (subject to availability)" and allows dining time selection during booking for both Bella and Fantastica (and in the past I have also changed it by contacting MSC):  image.thumb.png.1a13f9d6a37819bcbd12f65db2d0a28c.png

There were some posts last year that MSC were piloting "anytime dining" on the 3 night cruises from Orlando on MSC Seaside - perhaps what you are seeing is related to that (and cruise specific). 

Have made two booking in the last week, one sailing  in Europe (bella) & one from Florida (fantastica) and were given the option to request dining time with both, as the above poster has stated.