Beer On Embarkation Day

Daniel A

3 minutes ago, voljeep said:

hopefully, maybe, who knows if the minibar setup with the 2 beers will be in cabin when you arrive.  Our first stop onboard (unless trying to book specialty dining) is the lobby bar for a beer, and a pina colada (creamy, not icy).  And more than likely, that may not be my first beer of the day...

j/s😉🍻

Thanks, we aren't at Elite at this time - no minibar setup.   😥

• Like 1

On 1/30/2024 at 9:26 PM, DHP1 said:

If you become familiar with one bartender, he doesn’t care if you take a few unopened back to your room. I shouldn’t be saying this, there were several times I walk up to him and before you know it he has my 2 beers ready to go..

Ditto for me. Always Peroni 👌

I have had no issue ordering 2 beers at a time from room service, but it can be slow.  They do come unopened and there has been a bottle opener in each of my cabins. Of course, I have a backup on my keychain just in case.

Sounds like we'll just have to see how it goes.  DH loves to spend countless hours on the balcony with a book and his beer.  I'm sure it will all work out - we'll still be on a CRUISE!

My wife has never had a problem getting a couple of unopened beers to take to the cabin. The only "problem" she has had with it is that they tend to charge the dang things to my account rather than hers. Quite annoying when that happens. We have also ordered multiple drinks to the cabin with no problem - other than the fact that I have to order two drinks in order to get a double delivered to the room.

On Emerald in June, the bartender would give 2 and one was unopened.

Once we started talking to another couple and didn’t go straight to our cabin so I took the unopened bottle to the bartender to open and he told me it was warm and got me another one. The staff were excellent and did it without expecting an extra tip. 

• Like 2