Mumbai Private Transfer

Joc123

9 minutes ago, Herman The Cat said:can you disembark at 1am??? Can the ship accommodate that departure time?

You MUST ask Silversea NO ONE on here can answer the question with any authority - get your TA to ask them

There are dependencies on what the authorities will allow in terms of availability of Indian officials and other staff to do clearances etc

• Like 1

16 hours ago, david63 said:

Are you aware that many European airports require a four hour check in for international flights. Also be prepared for the journey to the airport from the ship can be anything up to an hour

And many won't allow you to check in any earlier than two or three hours before your flight.

Plus, I'm not sure when Mumbai became a "European airport".

7 hours ago, david63 said:

True - my mistake - but it does not alter the fact of check in times of many (all?) airlines now print the check in time on your ticket (not a from time, but a check in time)

In my millions of miles of flying, I have yet to see a check-in time printed anywhere.  Boarding time, yes.  Check in, no.

Just what are these many or all airlines?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FlyerTalker said:

Just what are these many or all airlines?

I have tickets for flights in a couple of weeks with Emirates and they most certainly have "check in" time on the ticket - and for the record this is the first time that I have seen it.

I am led to believe that this is something that has started post Covid due to staff shortages, particularly baggage handling, at many airports.

19 minutes ago, david63 said:

I have tickets for flights in a couple of weeks with Emirates and they most certainly have "check in" time on the ticket - and for the record this is the first time that I have seen it.

Got a screen shot of that (with personal info redacted)? I’m interested to see how it’s stated

I know Singapore Airlines, Qatar, Virgin Australia and Qantas definitely don’t have a check in time on their tickets (issued in the last month or two)

Here in the USA, there is far more emphasis on getting people to the gate so that there is an on-time departure.  Those stats are compiled by the federal govt and get publicly disseminated.

In fact, the number one metric for gate agents at American Airlines is "D0".  Which means the departure is not past the scheduled time. Big reason why AA agents push so hard for carry-ons to be gate-checked, and why they do NOT hold the door even if you are running to the gate.  I won't even get into the area of near-departure upgrading.

And, like Stickman, that's a new one for me.  Never seen it for my previous Emirates flights.

46 minutes ago, FlyerTalker said:

And, like Stickman, that's a new one for me.  Never seen it for my previous Emirates flights.

On time departure? - how quaint - our airlines are woeful on this metric although they are worse at just canceling flights outright

I I notice that Emirates booking is Business class too - gee if I was still working and wanted to get business done I’m not sure I’d be that happy about having to be at the airport 4 hours before my flight - it seems things are different in Europe

18 minutes ago, Tothesunset said:

Doesn't the check-in time on the above ticket indicate the time that check-in opens? That is the earliest time for check in rather than the latest? 

That would be my reading.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Tothesunset said:

Doesn't the check-in time on the above ticket indicate the time that check-in opens? That is the earliest time for check in rather than the latest? 

Not necessarily - if you look at the airport's website you would see that that is the recommended check in time to ensure that luggage is loaded. Being pragmatic I take it to be somewhere reasonably close to that time and not if I was one minute late I would be denied boarding.

• Like 1

I’m starting to wonder if transport to the airport is the least of our problems.

Is this cruise going to happen? People are saying everything from yes to maybe to no way.

If SS does cancel, it will be the 7th cruise we have had cancelled since Covid. We must be really bad at selecting cruises!!

My fingers are crossed but I feel if it does leave Singapore as scheduled, it will be a modified trip.

I hope SS does the right thing and lets us know sooner rather than later.

20 hours ago, Joc123 said:

Trouble is, I have been following the boards and that’s why I’m concerned.

Did I miss something.  What ports are you concerned about?  This is our 3rd try at this vacation with 3 different cruise lines.  I will give up for this year if this one doesn't sail.

I heard from my TA and she said she can't arrange an airport transfer from Mumbai to the airport on SS because I chose port to port instead of door to door.  Does anyone know any private companies?  I google and found one but it would not let me book from the cruise port to the airport on from the airport to the cruise port.  Could that be because of the number of taxis waiting outside?

On 2/23/2024 at 12:08 PM, Joc123 said:

I’m not concerned about any ports in particular, concerned about the cruise actually going ahead and how much notice we will be given if it’s cancelled.

Why are you concerned that it will be cancelled?  

The Moon has to be back in the Med for the summer cruises and if the Red Sea and Suez Canal are still off limits, there will not be enough time to go around Africa and arrive in Athens for the first Med cruise.

There are several ways they could achieve this.

Cancel Singapore - Mumbai and sail without passengers and crew.

Cut our cruise in half, drop passengers and crew and continue to Athens - may have to cancel or shorten Athens cruise.

Keep our cruise and cancel first couple of Med cruises.

Personally I think our cruise will be shortened but that may not give enough time to make Athens. I believe it takes about a month to sail around Africa.

Who knows what they are thinking?

We were booked on inaugural Silver Ray cruise and a week before that was cancelled, both SS and TA told me everything was going to plan.

This is why I’m concerned 

3 hours ago, Joc123 said:

The Moon has to be back in the Med for the summer cruises and if the Red Sea and Suez Canal are still off limits, there will not be enough time to go around Africa and arrive in Athens for the first Med cruise.

There are several ways they could achieve this.

Cancel Singapore - Mumbai and sail without passengers and crew.

Cut our cruise in half, drop passengers and crew and continue to Athens - may have to cancel or shorten Athens cruise.

Keep our cruise and cancel first couple of Med cruises.

Personally I think our cruise will be shortened but that may not give enough time to make Athens. I believe it takes about a month to sail around Africa.

Who knows what they are thinking?

We were booked on inaugural Silver Ray cruise and a week before that was cancelled, both SS and TA told me everything was going to plan.

This is why I’m concerned 

Now I understand.  Our 34 day Seabourn cruise was cancelled because it went through the Red Sea to get to Athens in time for the Med season.  They decided to go around the horn without passengers to get to the Med in time for the season.  I hope they figure out another way.

There is real concern the 5th May sailing to Mumbai will go ahead, due to the requirement to get to the Med. Something's got to give. I hope they decide to contine with the Singapore to Mumbai (as I am on it) and forego the 9th June sailing from Athens. The next sailing is 20th June from Athens which it MIGHT be able to make if leaving Mumbai 23rd May. Fingers crossed.

9 hours ago, Party girl 38 said:

There is real concern the 5th May sailing to Mumbai will go ahead, due to the requirement to get to the Med. Something's got to give. I hope they decide to contine with the Singapore to Mumbai (as I am on it) and forego the 9th June sailing from Athens. The next sailing is 20th June from Athens which it MIGHT be able to make if leaving Mumbai 23rd May. Fingers crossed.

Yeah, they really need to decide and inform people. I know it’s a lot for them to re-arrange etc. I still see the cruise after to Jeddah is for sale as is the following one. Makes you wonder if someone called and wanted to book Jeddah to Athens if they would sell it to you and take the payment?!?! There is no way that one is happening! 

The 60 day mark is coming up so perhaps at that a point.