WIFI on Ascent

melindda

Back on Celebrity after a 10 year hiatus - couple of questions:

Is there a daily price for wifi?

If not, and I need to purchase the basic package - do both people in the cabin need to purchase the wifi package?

Lastly, if I do purchase now, can I cancel if I do so 3 days before sailing?

Thanks

We board Ascent this coming Sunday and here's the current Wi-Fi package promotion.  We actually caught a 50% off on Black Friday. You might check some of the live threads to see whether any of the dailies show the current single day rate. As I understand it, there's no longer a basic wi-fi unless you purchased as all-included. Both are not required to purchase a package. We buy the premium wi-fi for 2 devices and share that. Unsure of the cancellation policy.

image.png.9c46561427b07628fa3f6dbf3c25901d.png

You can purchase a 1 device package.  That allows for 1 log in and only 1 device can be connected at a time.  DH  rarely uses the wi-fi so just logs in with my log-in when he needs do check mail.

We have a cruise coming up in April and there is a flash sale for premium 1 device at $18.99 per day.  Keep checking the app or cruise planner for a flash sale.

Edited by jelayne
added

Just a couple reference points

Hourly and Daily Internet  - They do have both but are extremely expensive.   They are for continuous hour and continuous 24 hours -  Las time I saw the 1 hour was 24.95 and 24 hour was 49.95 (not sure if that was discounted)

They no longer sell the Basic Internet but you can get it as part of a all perk package (internet and drink package )

Your best bet might be to look for sales and buy the Internet package.   Buy one and then keep searching for sales if a sale comes along just cancel and rebook.    On my cruise planner currently on sale at 30% off.

image.thumb.png.3a0980b429c757e0b0c727ebc7231a18.png

46 minutes ago, jelayne said:

You can purchase a 1 device package.  That allows for 1 log in and only 1 device can be connected at a time.  DH  rarely uses the wi-fi so just logs in with my log-in when he needs do check mail.

We have a cruise coming up in April and there is a flash sale for premium 1 device at $18.99 per day.  Keep checking the app or cruise planner for a flash sale.

HI Joan - Does the price vary by ship?   I just checked my April cruise Solstice and showing on sale for $15.99 pp/pd

On 2/1/2024 at 6:05 PM, Jim_Iain said:

HI Joan - Does the price vary by ship?   I just checked my April cruise Solstice and showing on sale for $15.99 pp/pd

It must vary by ship. Mine is currently listed at $25.99 per night - 20% off. This is for Ascent on April 7, 2024 sailing. I'm trying to decide if I can go without internet for the cruise. 

Wonder if it has to do with length of cruise

Mine are showing (20% discount)

15.99   -  Solstice  17 Night TP

19.99   -  Solstice 11 Night Hawaii

19.99   -  Silhouette  13 Night TA

18.99   -   Equinox   15 Night  TA

On 2/1/2024 at 5:05 PM, Jim_Iain said:

Hi Jim, yes it does but I have no idea why.  it is drink packages these days where the pre cruise price varies from ship to ship or sailing to sailing.  Dynamic pricing migrated from RCL I guess.

I think I saw you two are on the Solstice TP in April, correct?  We are on the Edge TP which leaves about 5 days after you.

Joan

10 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Hi Jim, yes it does but I have no idea why.  it is drink packages these days where the pre cruise price varies from ship to ship or sailing to sailing.  Dynamic pricing migrated from RCL I guess.

I think I saw you two are on the Solstice TP in April, correct?  We are on the Edge TP which leaves about 5 days after you.

Joan

Ahh.. would have been fun to see you again.

After spending 9 weeks on E-Class ships this year (including Edge) I think we are done with E-Class ships.   May just have been the end of the world cruise but I'm pretty sure we will never sail Edge again.   It also may just have been the Chef they had in Luminae on our cruise,  but was the worst food prep we have ever had.    Many dishes the protein was not even luke warm on the inside served on piping hot plates.   Food was even better in the OV.

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

Ahh.. would have been fun to see you again.

After spending 9 weeks on E-Class ships this year (including Edge) I think we are done with E-Class ships.   May just have been the end of the world cruise but I'm pretty sure we will never sail Edge again.   It also may just have been the Chef they had in Luminae on our cruise,  but was the worst food prep we have ever had.    Many dishes the protein was not even luke warm on the inside served on piping hot plates.   Food was even better in the OV.

Sorry to hear about your last sailing on the Edge.  We got off just as you got on.

We did not have a issue with food in Luminae but then the staff learns on day 1 that my food ,not just the plate, needs to be so hot they need a pad to carry out of the kitchen.  We are not big fans of the limited menu in Luminae so we ate in the MDR many nights or specialties.

34 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Sorry to hear about your last sailing on the Edge.  We got off just as you got on.

We did not have a issue with food in Luminae but then the staff learns on day 1 that my food ,not just the plate, needs to be so hot they need a pad to carry out of the kitchen.  We are not big fans of the limited menu in Luminae so we ate in the MDR many nights or specialties.

One thing I will say is they were really accommodating and would get anything we wanted from MDR and Blu.   Our waiter would normally bring all 3 menus the day before and if we saw something of interest he would have the protein sent to Luminae and they would prep it. 

I just have a feeling the size of the E-Class and the airport type Retreat Lounge isn't a fit for us.    My next cruises are back on S-Class.

So far since January we have booked only 1 Celebrity Cruise - 2 Oceania and 2 on Cunard.   I think we will be using our Double Zenith "Free" Cruise as a credit against our November TA instead of booking another Celebrity.  

For us Celebrity changes has made Zenith Worthless and their prices are out of control -

Example - Our Oceania Cruise November 2025

Oceania Vista - Owner Suite  $24,000 for 11 night Med.  We couldn't resist-    It's 2,100 Sq Ft

image.thumb.png.4bad10beda2a971be3aa1eb5f0c8a3d4.png

We paid about that for a CS on the Singapore to Sydney (then they dropped the price $9,000 after final payment, which somewhat irritated us).  

Edited by Jim_Iain