New Waves Menu..some items gone, some new

edgee

3 minutes ago, edgee said:

20240202_122512.thumb.jpg.4a8cb2f234b6da2865c46a70051d16b2.jpgNoticed new menu at Waves...no more mahi filet...addition of ribs and a few other things. 

Perhaps they change it up now and again. We had it the other day on our cruise but there was no shrimp roll. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, EJL2023 said:

Perhaps they change it up now and again. We had it the other day on our cruise but there was no shrimp roll. 

As far as I remember it has always been same.

1 hour ago, Snaefell3 said:

What ship?  

(Such is likely to be tested on a single ship first, then rolled out ship by ship if the test doesn't faceplant.)

Vista

47 minutes ago, Snaefell3 said:

Thank you, good to know.  (Our luggage tags arrived yesterday 😁 )

@FeliciaLee?  Surf 'n Turf went from filet medallions to ground beef, too. 

But, yep, the new stuff looks like at least an even trade.

Was not ground beef today with the surf and turf. . And Mahi still on menu today on Sirena. I had the grilled red snapper. 

Oh, that's a shame! I've been browsing menus and looking forward to the salmon and the maguro, and the replacement fish option doesn't look nearly as interesting. The new veggie burger toppings are boring as well. On the bright side, assuming it's rolled out fleet-wide by December I won't have to figure out how to fit in 2-3 lunches there.

Thanks for the heads up!

Thanks for posting this new menu. Good to know what's changing. Some of the new items look like nice additions. However, replacing a tuna or salmon burger with breaded cod and cheddar cheese sounds like a downgrade. Breaded cod and cheddar sandwich sounds like something you could get at McDonalds. I'm sure it's better than that, but not what I want to eat on vacation. Also I noticed the Matador no longer has jalapeno cheddar and the Texan no longer has bourbon BBQ sauce... just BBQ. Are they toning things down to appeal to people who like bland food? Just my observations... I will be able to judge for myself when I sail on Vista later this month.

Just curious... are they also changing the grand dining room menus or menus elsewhere in the near future? If it's not too much trouble would you mind inquiring with the Vista Gen Mgr? I hope not... I was looking forward to having some of my favorites from our last sailing.

• Like 1

On 2/3/2024 at 7:53 AM, SSFrance69 said:

Are they toning things down to appeal to people who like bland food?

As I've said here and other places: LCD - lowest common denominator.

I sincerely hope they do NOT roll these changes out fleet wide. The Impossible burger is a sodium laden chemistry experiment and is in no way heart healthy . And ground beef instead of filet medallions??? When you start messing with "the finest cuisine at sea" you risk losing your customers.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Aloha 1 said:

And ground beef instead of filet medallions???

I'm with you on that one. As to the Impossible Burger, I've not had one but it does seem like some version is a good idea.

1 minute ago, clo said:

So were these 'ground' salmon? 

It was a salmon patty as opposed to a piece of salmon.  

I do see that they are now offering sweet potato fries as a side.....finally.

2 minutes ago, vlthom said:

It was a salmon patty as opposed to a piece of salmon.  

I do see that they are now offering sweet potato fries as a side.....finally.

Thanks. And I've yet to have a sweet potato fry that is crispy like regular fries. ???

7 minutes ago, Critically Cruising said:

THE FINEST CUISINE AT SEA®

You forgot to include the registered trademark symbol.  The legal beagles will be coming soon.

BTW IIRC one doesn't have to prove anything to use "BEST." I'm guessing that would be true with the O statement. But what i've had has been really, really good.