Full Suite, room service for specialty restaurants

gomoccs1

Have a full suite on the Sky Princess Feb. 10-17 with the Premier Package.  Does anyone know if you can order room service from the specialty restaurants (with the Premier Package) if no time slots are open for in-restaurant dining?  Thanks Carol

54 minutes ago, gomoccs1 said:

Have a full suite on the Sky Princess Feb. 10-17 with the Premier Package.  Does anyone know if you can order room service from the specialty restaurants (with the Premier Package) if no time slots are open for in-restaurant dining?  Thanks Carol

We sailed on Sky over Christmas/NY in a full suite. First, items from Crown Grill were available on Room Service menu and these items carried an extra charge. Next, a full suite benefit is free room service from the MDR menu. This does not appear on the room service menu and you cannot order from the app. You can view the MDR menu on your TV and either call in the order or have Igor/Georgia from the Suite Concierge Lounge place it for you. BTW, Concierge Lounge is one of the best suite benefits. On our trip, I placed my specialty dining dinners in advance and paid for them (like you we had Premier). Georgia in the lounge was able to keep our times and get my three dinners refunded (as an OBC).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, J13C85 said:

We sailed on Sky over Christmas/NY in a full suite. First, items from Crown Grill were available on Room Service menu and these items carried an extra charge. Next, a full suite benefit is free room service from the MDR menu. rgia in the lounge was able to keep our times and get my three dinners refunded (as an OBC).

Full suites do not get included room service anymore except for the breakfast menu you hang on the door the night before. I do believe room service for the premium package is a flat fee for the entire cruise of $14.99.  I sailed in a full suite in Dec and did not have a beverage package  so I'm not sure about the flat fee. I was quoted a fee of $5 each room service I ordered so didn't use it.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

Full suites do not get included room service anymore except for the breakfast menu you hang on the door the night before. I do believe room service for the premium package is a flat fee for the entire cruise of $14.99.  I sailed in a full suite in Dec and did not have a beverage package  so I'm not sure about the flat fee. I was quoted a fee of $5 each room service I ordered so didn't use it.

I took this question to the Assistant Food and Beverage Manager to get clarification regarding ordering MDR meals while in a suite.  After much consultations (with his F & B senior), the $5 fee when using the phone to place an order....was a "delivery charge".  I thanked him for the information but did argue that it should be waived since it is a Suite Perk.  It doesn't matter if you have a Beverage Package or not...It's the phone line that is the culprit.

• Thanks 2

OP stated she had Premier package (as did I). On our Sky cruise we did order room service from the MDR  and did not have a $5.00 fee (BTW Georgia from Suite  Concierge Lounge placed the order for us). Remember, one of the perks of Premier is the waiving of the $5.00 room service fee (and waiving of the one time Ocean Now setup fee of $14.99).

Our advice, work with Suite Concierge Team, be it for Room Service or for times at specialty dining, those people are miracle workers.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, J13C85 said:

OP stated she had Premier package (as did I). On our Sky cruise we did order room service from the MDR  and did not have a $5.00 fee (BTW Georgia from Suite  Concierge Lounge placed the order for us). Remember, one of the perks of Premier is the waiving of the $5.00 room service fee (and waiving of the one time Ocean Now setup fee of $14.99).

Our advice, work with Suite Concierge Team, be it for Room Service or for times at specialty dining, those people are miracle workers.

I have not tried it with a Beverage Package.  My understanding is the picking up the phone is the trigger for the $5.  In your case, you didn’t call, the concierge made the arrangements.  

Tea service for suite and elite charge for picking up the phone is waived.  

For me, it’s the principle of the ridiculous $5 charge for suite passengers, regardless if you have a package or not. The ultimate nickel and dime con game.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

If you have the plus or premium fare room service is included. No extra one time $14.99 fee. The $5/call room service fee is also included in these fares. These charges are extra if you have the standard fare. These fees or waiver of fees are related to the fare. They are not related to the cabin category such as full suites. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Forgot to add…

Phoning room service to change out a minibar for suite/elite doesn’t incur a charge.  

Once, I had set out my exchange for the minibar and my room steward did it.  Really did not want to task him with another job, but he took it upon himself to do the changes.  

@J13C85 gave the best answer.  Take advantage of the Suite Concierge.  When you arrive to your suite on embarkation day, you will find a note outlining your Suite Concierge benefit and the location of the Suite Concierge Lounge,  I would suggest that you visit the lounge and introduce yourself to the concierge.  Explain that you would like his/her assistance in arranging specialty dining reservations--including your complimentary embarkation day dinner.  Believe me, Princess wants to take care of suite passengers.  Every night there are tables available that were not allocated to the app's reservation system.

You will also find that the Suite Concierge Lounge is also a terrific getaway.  Coffee, tea and noshes are available all day, and there is a cocktail hour in the late afternoon.

Ordering room service off the dining room menu, or off the Crown Grill menu is OK, but keep in mind your entire order is delivered in one visit.  So, the delivery person will leave a stack of covered dishes--starters, mains and desserts--for you to serve yourself.  In some ways it is nice to enjoy your meal in the quiet of your suite, but it's not like you will be pampered by servers.

Have a great cruise.

• Like 1