Choosing between Alaskan cruise or Canada-New England cruise?

3 hours ago, momofmeg said:

You may have a point. We were told in Scotland by our guide (I think it was Stornoway?)  that winter was only slightly cooler, and their temps were more on par with Iceland. I am from Georgia, USA so it was cold to me. I needed my winter coat there in July! However, my winter coat to someone in Minnesota or northern states on the northern border or in Canada would be considered a jacket. I do have a heavy winter coat which I wear once every 2 years it seems. It has to get below 20 F for a high for me to wear it. Anyway, plus don't forget I had come from 90F temps at home the week before. Where I had found Edinburgh weather refreshing, this port was simply cold to me.  I guess it is all relative, whatever we are used to, what is cold to me may be warm to you.

I getcha. I grew up in Atlanta!

We did an Alaska vacation ,one week land and one week sea. It was our second best vacation of all time.

We did a New England Canada cruise 5 years later and it was great.

Prior to booking a cruise or land vacation I researched thoroughly.

We have vacationed in Canada 17 times .We love the country.

20 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

We did an Alaska vacation ,one week land and one week sea. It was our second best vacation of all time.

We did a New England Canada cruise 5 years later and it was great.

Prior to booking a cruise or land vacation I researched thoroughly.

We have vacationed in Canada 17 times .We love the country.

I loved Canada too.  It is much better choice for a cruise than the Caribbean. Lol, especially in summer.

On 2/24/2024 at 3:07 PM, lenquixote66 said:

We cruised to Canada in the Fall .There is nothing negative about the country for us.

Nor to me either. I found through doing genealogy I have many distant cousins there.  I have a pair of second great grandparents who were French Canadian.  Both of their parents relocated to New York in the 1850's.

5 hours ago, momofmeg said:

Nor to me either. I found through doing genealogy I have many distant cousins there.  I have a pair of second great grandparents who were French Canadian.  Both of their parents relocated to New York in the 1850's.

One of my cousins was into genealogy and we found several long lost cousins .One lives in Georgia.I last saw him in 1999 .We are now in phone and e-mail contact.

• Like 1