Tulip Time with Swiss Alps

Got2Cruise

Usually I only book 6 months out but I’m going to plan ahead this time. 

Is it possible to do a Tulip Time in April with an extension to the Swiss Alps? Share your experiences. Open to all brands. O

Once you’re in Europe anything is possible.  Are you asking if a cruise line offers such a pairing or if it’s logistically possible to extend the trip yourself by taking a train or driving to Switzerland?  Of course the later is possible and very easy.  Perhaps your TA can assist in researching for a cruise line that has the same option.  You could also consider a B2B Tulip Time followed by a Rhine cruise that ends in Basel - then it’s an easy and beautiful drive to the Swiss Alps.  Depending on itinerary you could fly home from Zurich or Geneva.

It is certainly a rare one, but I can imagine that there is such an itinerary out there. What I am familiar with are the round trips for tulip time of European cruise lines. If they start and end in Cologne or Düsseldorf you are a bit closer to Basel for the train travel. From there it is fast and convenient. Those companies are unlikely to have an add-on of Basel.

Check out Riviera Travel UK, Viva Cruises and Arosa river cruises to see what they offer.

Of course, you could always spend a couple of nights in the Netherlands DIY and then sail from Amsterdam up the Rhine.

notamermaid