Princess shuttle/transfer Southampton to LHR?

Korimako

Hi all

On these boards somewhere it was said that Princess provided transport ( not necessarily free of charge) from Southampton Cruise Terminal to LHR. However, I asked my UK based TA if she could add this to my booking and her reply was that there were no official Princess transfers and that I would have to arrange that myself. I am now totally confused (not difficult!)

Any advice gratefully received.

We booked Princess transfers ourselves from Southampton to LHR last October. It was $59 per person then, but I've heard it may have increased. I was able to book it myself by logging into the Personalizer, but it may be different for you since you're not based in the US? Also here in the States if you use a TA then they have to book the transfer for you, the option isn't available online. It's only available to book yourself if you've booked the cruise direct with Princess.

Sorry you are getting the run-around. I would be very surprised if Princess wasn't offering the transfer service. Maybe try calling Princess directly?

Edited by Paula_MacFan
  • Like 1

I had my TA purchase the transfer from Southampton to LHR.  Then I (she) cancelled it when I booked a Southampton/Stonehenge/LHR on excursions.  Finally cancelled that one (received refund) and booked a private car service to drive by Stonehenge, stop at some small town (Salisbury??)  before drop off at LHR for slightly more than Princess.

1 hour ago, Korimako said:

Hi all

On these boards somewhere it was said that Princess provided transport ( not necessarily free of charge) from Southampton Cruise Terminal to LHR. However, I asked my UK based TA if she could add this to my booking and her reply was that there were no official Princess transfers and that I would have to arrange that myself. I am now totally confused (not difficult!)

Any advice gratefully received.

I don't know if they operate on different rules for transfers in the UK (I can't really imagine why...) but we have done this transfer close to 7 or 8 times now.  I think that TA maybe does not know what she's doing!  You can go to either LHR or Victoria Coach Station (if you were planning on staying for a bit post cruise.)

@Korimako...can you not log into your cruise personalizer and see if you can't book it directly yourself?  This would be under the travel section (maybe it's called "flights"..) Scroll down BELOW the flight info and you should see transfers...that is *if* you can get to this area since you've booked via TA.  I never book via TA so I'm not sure if you can do so...but take a look.

It's odd that your TA can't do it.  They must not book Princess very often as it's a very common request.  Unfortunately when booking through a TA they hide the ability to book it yourself on the Princess website, your TA needs to do it.  OR you can do what we did last June - book it when you get onboard.  They will distribute sheets midway through the cruise asking about disembarkation preferences and one of the options listed is requesting a Princess transfer.  The charge (was $59, I believe it's $64 per person now based on what I've read) will be charged to your onboard account.  By the way before our cruise I had read something stating that transfers can't be purchased onboard and that they run out of space.  So right after boarding we went to Guest Services and asked about transfers.  They said wait for the disembarkation sheets to come out and that the only time they have said no to a guest is if they wait too late to request transfers (like the last day of the cruise).

• Thanks 1

I just happened to look at one of my upcoming cruises today and the Princess  transfer to LHR is $64 pp. 

Does anyone know when the transfers start operating and when they arrive at the airport?  Princess says 2pm for the earliest flight and I’m wanting to book a flight at 1:40. I’m thinking 20 minutes earlier should be ok. 

We booked an excursion from Southampton to Stonehenge and a few other places that took care of our luggage and dropped us at Heathrow. Excellent way to get from Southampton back to LHR. The caveat was that it was for those with flights leaving after 4:00 PM.

1 hour ago, pompeii said:

I just happened to look at one of my upcoming cruises today and the Princess  transfer to LHR is $64 pp. 

Does anyone know when the transfers start operating and when they arrive at the airport?  Princess says 2pm for the earliest flight and I’m wanting to book a flight at 1:40. I’m thinking 20 minutes earlier should be ok. 

I know it is not the same, but when I asked (onboard) if I could use EZ luggage at PE, I was told there are no exceptions.  I pleaded my case that Delta had changed my flight that made it 10 minutes earlier than required time.  No go.  And you know how close FLL is from the cruise port.  

I also know that when I was checking EZ AIr from LHR, that it defaulted from anytime to after 2 pm.

Good Luck.

4 hours ago, pompeii said:

You should be fine as long as you dock on time. It took us less than two hours to get to Heathrow. These were the transfer times for the Regal on July 7 last year, of course YMMV. IMG_4625.thumb.jpeg.27a75a3657d11caf4801d29bc61c1f42.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

You should be fine as long as you dock on time. It took us less than two hours to get to Heathrow. These were the transfer times for the Regal on July 7 last year, of course YMMV. 

Thank you so much for posting this - so incredibly helpful!  We'll go ahead with the 1:40 flight.  

Thanks again.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

You should be fine as long as you dock on time. It took us less than two hours to get to Heathrow. These were the transfer times for the Regal on July 7 last year, of course YMMV. 

If I can ask you another question about the transfer schedule...were there more transfers that include terminal 5?  Turns out that the flight I want is sold by American but is actually British Airways and leaves from T5.  And do you remember what time you were scheduled to dock?  We're due in at 7am so I don't know if the transfers will start as early as 7:10.  Thanks!

Edited by pompeii

9 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

You should be fine as long as you dock on time. It took us less than two hours to get to Heathrow. These were the transfer times for the Regal on July 7 last year, of course YMMV. IMG_4625.thumb.jpeg.27a75a3657d11caf4801d29bc61c1f42.jpeg

This is very helpful thank you.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pompeii said:

If I can ask you another question about the transfer schedule...were there more transfers that include terminal 5?  Turns out that the flight I want is sold by American but is actually British Airways and leaves from T5.  And do you remember what time you were scheduled to dock?  We're due in at 7am so I don't know if the transfers will start as early as 7:10.  Thanks!

Sorry I missed it. Terminal 5 was shown after the independent arrangements so here it is. We were due in at 6 AM for our cruise. Still think you will be fine. 

IMG_4626.jpeg

• Thanks 1

On 2/6/2024 at 8:59 PM, cr8tiv1 said:

I had my TA purchase the transfer from Southampton to LHR.  Then I (she) cancelled it when I booked a Southampton/Stonehenge/LHR on excursions.  Finally cancelled that one (received refund) and booked a private car service to drive by Stonehenge, stop at some small town (Salisbury??)  before drop off at LHR for slightly more than Princess.

Salisbury is a City.

Popular tourist stop known for its cathedral. 

https://www.visitwiltshire.co.uk/salisbury

• Thanks 1

On 2/7/2024 at 2:54 AM, pompeii said:

Thank you so much for posting this - so incredibly helpful!  We'll go ahead with the 1:40 flight.  

Thanks again.

As I mentioned, I would have a plan B….just in case Princess says your flight is too early.  Are you booking this pre cruise or when you get onboard?  

@azbirdmom Did Princess ask you for your flight information when assigning disembarkation tags?

1 hour ago, cr8tiv1 said:

As I mentioned, I would have a plan B….just in case Princess says your flight is too early.  Are you booking this pre cruise or when you get onboard?  

@azbirdmom Did Princess ask you for your flight information when assigning disembarkation tags?

On our last couple of cruises, Princess just gave disembarkation tags without asking any type of flight times or preference.  If what they arbitrarily give doesn't work for you, you can swap them at the front desk.  I'm not sure when it changed, but it's different from how they used to do it when they gave you a form asking what you wanted/what time your flight is and provided tags based on that.  

We'll be on a b2b and both flights are "attached" to the first cruise so I don't think our flight plans will raise any red flags on the second cruise.  I'm not sure if I'll purchase the transfer pre-cruise or not, depends on if we'll have obc to use up.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Yes they did.  Our friend's flight was an hour before the recommended time.  Princess didn't blink.  They just gave them the earliest transfer time.  Unfortunately they got a notice that their flight was cancelled while we were still on the ship but they would have easily made that flight with hours to spare.

• Like 1

For the upto date information on dock times  always a good idea to monitor the Southampton port info at

https://www.southamptonvts.co.uk/Live_Information/Shipping_Movements_and_Cruise_Ship_Schedule/Cruise_Ship_Schedule/

This often gets updated before the ships tell their passenger of any adjustments.

Particularly useful for those traveling independent because sometimes the terminals change

On 2/6/2024 at 7:09 PM, Thrak said:

We booked an excursion from Southampton to Stonehenge and a few other places that took care of our luggage and dropped us at Heathrow. Excellent way to get from Southampton back to LHR. The caveat was that it was for those with flights leaving after 4:00 PM.

Can you tell me who you are using for this and the cost? This is what our group wants to do after the cruise. 

31 minutes ago, deanbrew said:

Can you tell me who you are using for this and the cost? This is what our group wants to do after the cruise. 

We booked directly through Princess. It was listed as an excursion for after the cruise. Looks like it now says for flights after 5:00 PM.

https://www.princess.com/ports-excursions/southampton-london-england-excursions/stonehenge-disembarking-heathrow

image.png.8782a13248d7ef2fcf699e550d5a0f35.png

Description

Be sure to read the Special Notes further down this page for important requirements and restriction.

A perfect way to spend those last precious hours before you head home, simply board the motorcoach with your luggage and let your friendly guide introduce you to a snapshot of ancient Britain. Drive through picture-perfect English countryside, to Stonehenge, a 5,000 year old mystical monolith. Walk along the encircling pathway for close up views. Download the Stonehenge App audio-guide to learn more about the ancient builders who crafted this monument, their primitive tools and methods. Climb back onto the motorcoach and travel to Heathrow airport. Drive through Windsor Great Park, which boasts a 1,000-acres of woodland, where you will enjoy stunning views of medieval Windsor Castle.

Special Notes:

This tour is available to passengers disembarking in Southampton with flights departing Heathrow after 5pm.

Guests are encouraged to download the free Stonehenge App, which serves as an audio guide in multiple languages to narrate the visit to the stones. There is free Wi-Fi at the visitor center to download the app, or guests may do this in advance of their visit.

Edited by Thrak