Coral Princess 2024 world cruise itinerary changes

5 hours ago, arxcards said:

There is lots of sea.

World cruises tend to be like that.

Have done three, half WC.  The 2019 WC had 10 sea days in a row when we could not land on Easter Island, one of my main reasons for choosing that cruise.  Maybe try again someday.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I'll be interested to hear what you think of it. 

I was thinking I might try to do a Live From, on that cruise, thought it may be fun to do, as someone else asked to let them know what I thought of the cruise, as they were going to cruise on her I think in December.

49 minutes ago, Gwendy said:

Have done three, half WC.  The 2019 WC had 10 sea days in a row when we could not land on Easter Island, one of my main reasons for choosing that cruise.  Maybe try again someday.

The 2023 wc on Coral managed to get to Easter Island. I am hoping the same for us in 2025 but am aware it is hit & miss. Good luck for those going this year, as yes, there are plenty enough sea days already.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, arxcards said:

The 2023 wc on Coral managed to get to Easter Island. I am hoping the same for us in 2025 but am aware it is hit & miss. Good luck for those going this year, as yes, there are plenty enough sea days already.

I 'm hoping it will happen this year!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, arxcards said:

I really hope you get to Easter Island.  It was so frustrating to see all the tour providers lined up waiting for us.  It didn’t even seem that rough but because there is a floating pontoon and big swells and a lot of elderly passengers the powers that be decided it was a no go.

I did get some good photos of the statues on the beach, very zoomed up.

• Like 1

Hope you make it OzKiwiJJ. I spent five days on Easter Island, back in the days when it was a regular twice a week stop on the  Australia to Tahiti to Chile flights. Those flights were killed by the pandemic, so now you have to fly from Santiago and back again.

• Thanks 1

On 2/8/2024 at 6:12 PM, OzKiwiJJ said:

I 'm hoping it will happen this year!

🤞🤞🤞

I hope you guys do too.

We tried on two WC's 2014 & 2018, but missed out.

both times it was sunny the seas look good but the swells evidently were from the wrong angle, making it unsafe to dock the tenders.

Edited by Ozwoody

On 2/10/2024 at 4:58 PM, Ozwoody said:

🤞🤞🤞

I hope you guys do too.

We tried on two WC's 2014 & 2018, but missed out.

both times it was sunny the seas look good but the swells evidently were from the wrong angle, making it unsafe to dock the tenders.

We managed Easter Island 1 time out of 3 attempts. Sea Princess world cruise 2017.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, ekka49 said:

We managed Easter Island 1 time out of 3 attempts. Sea Princess world cruise 2017.

It must have been a good year - we made it on the Sea Princess in 2017 on their South America cruise.  It was touch and go so they waited for an hour or so for conditions to improved. However, the tender I was in was caught by a rogue wave and if not for the quick reactions of our skipper, we would have been slammed into rocks 😱

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/7/2024 at 4:17 PM, Sparrow3131 said:

Princess are given us 15% of cruise fare paid in cruise credits and $750 per person onboard spending which for us equals around $12500 plus refund of $1800 for purchased shore tours. Hopefully there's a safari tour in South Africa.

Book the same safari that Princess offer, online trip advisor for half the price. Pickup point 2 minutes from the ship