Seascape Current Yacht Club Director and Sommelier

c-cruise123

2 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

I wonder why ?

I also find this to be a curious observation. For the 2 weeks we were on board, he was all over YC. Several times he could be seen just walking around Deck 20 making conversation with the pax. VERY attentive and hands on guy. 

Just now, Bgwest said:

I also find this to be a curious observation.

We had the same experience on the Seascape in early December.  IIRC he was introduced at the Diamond cocktail party but after that I don't remember seeing him, much less talking to him, on the entire cruise and we were visible spending lots of time in the lounge and around the pool.  That was in contrast to our only other MSC YC experience on the Meraviglia in January 2020 when the YC director (and Italian whose name escapes me) was always front and center.

53 minutes ago, Bgwest said:

I also find this to be a curious observation. For the 2 weeks we were on board, he was all over YC. Several times he could be seen just walking around Deck 20 making conversation with the pax. VERY attentive and hands on guy. 

We found him to be the same on our cruises.  Gregarious. Curious is the word for these different observations.

Edited by morpheusofthesea

Thank you to all that provided on topic responses to my query regarding the SEASCAPE YC DIRECTOR ANS YC SOMMOLIER.  To those who chose to discuss unrelated items, i.e., butlers, maitre d', waiters, hotel directors and other assorted staff on ships other than the SEASCAPE, I now cede ownership of the discussion thread to you.

Bon Voyage.

2 hours ago, c-cruise123 said:

Thank you to all that provided on topic responses to my query regarding the SEASCAPE YC DIRECTOR ANS YC SOMMOLIER.  To those who chose to discuss unrelated items, i.e., butlers, maitre d', waiters, hotel directors and other assorted staff on ships other than the SEASCAPE, I now cede ownership of the discussion thread to you.

Bon Voyage.

Thanks. Mighty decent of you.

P.S. I'm accused of this all the time by the same accused posting here. We are all just a bunch of 'busybodies' and hypocrites.

So YC Director is Taylan and sommelier is red headed Christopher that joined MSC to see the world (over heard his conversations).

Edited by morpheusofthesea
P.S.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/9/2024 at 9:18 AM, morpheusofthesea said:

This is interesting if it is the same Arthur. In September he was maitre d' of the Yacht Club restaurant telling us he was leaving for vacation in October to be home for the holidays as did Chef Lisa. They both said they were asked by Hotel Director Yannis K if they would join his team on the Seashore in January and lo and behold they are both assigned to different ships. Promises, promises.... 

Heard today that Chef Lisa is joining the Meraviglia when Chef Ajay leaves. 

• Thanks 1

On 2/7/2024 at 3:34 PM, Best Cat Mom said:

I believe Le Muse's maitre d' on Seascape right now is Mauricio. He was a sommelier in California earlier in his career and usually fills both positions, at least he did when we sailed with him on Divina twice last year. Strike up a conversation about wine with him and you're likely to get to get some really nice pours during your cruise. 😉

We'll be on Seascape in a few weeks, first time and looking forward to it!

During our three trips on Divina YC over the years, we've asked for wines by the glass of whatever's included. One year we bought a few bottles for the table over the course of the week (wines we knew well and that were a step or three above the wines by the glass, many of which were iffy).

Is there a "trick" to getting the "nice pours" and not spend $$ on by the bottle?! 

(we treat the crew well and tip nicely, usually at the end of the cruise)

One Sommelier kept hitting me up with the wine list and a "30% discount just for you" which got a little annoying in front of our tablemates!