Seascape Current Yacht Club Director and Sommelier

c-cruise123

Long time lurker on Cruise Critic.  First time posting.

Question for those who are currently sailing or have recently sailed on the Seascape. Who's is the current YC Director and YC  dining room Sommelier.

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Just now, Cruisergal1208 said:

A friend is there now and the YC director is Larissa. 

Incorrect. On Seascape now:

IMG_5378.thumb.jpeg.49ef49557d9ccb7a582d3a55ff14ad3c.jpeg

Don’t drink so can’t speak to the wine guy. 

• Like 1

I believe Le Muse's maitre d' on Seascape right now is Mauricio. He was a sommelier in California earlier in his career and usually fills both positions, at least he did when we sailed with him on Divina twice last year. Strike up a conversation about wine with him and you're likely to get to get some really nice pours during your cruise. 😉

13 minutes ago, Best Cat Mom said:

I believe Le Muse's maitre d' on Seascape right now is Mauricio. He was a sommelier in California earlier in his career and usually fills both positions, at least he did when we sailed with him on Divina twice last year. Strike up a conversation about wine with him and you're likely to get to get some really nice pours during your cruise. 😉

We had a Mauricio as a sommelier in YC on our 28 night Dubai to Japan cruise a few years back.  I wonder if it’s the same guy.  He was wonderful - took really good care of my wine preferences and always had a glass of champagne poured for me on my arrival to the restaurant.  I hope it’s him and that he’s still there in May. 

Edited by Beamafar
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Beamafar said:

I hope it’s him and that he still there in May.

That sounds just like him. Champagne served immediately when seated. I don't think we could read the menu without it now. 🙂

We're on Seascape in September. I don't think a "regular" contract would extend that long for us, but you probably have a good chance of seeing him. Isn't an officer contract around 6 months vs. 9 months for the other staff?

1 minute ago, Best Cat Mom said:

That sounds just like him. Champagne served immediately when seated. I don't think we could read the menu without it now. 🙂

We're on Seascape in September. I don't think a "regular" contract would extend that long for us, but you probably have a good chance of seeing him. Isn't an officer contract around 6 months vs. 9 months for the other staff?

Yeah - but depends on when his current contract started whether he’ll still be on. 

1 minute ago, Best Cat Mom said:

I think it was October-ish maybe?

So, sounds unlikely.  A shame.  There are a number of other YC crew that I’m familiar with and they all appear to be on other ships. 🙁

• Like 1

From a post on 27 September in the YC personnel thread:

"Arthur is leaving his role as Maitre 'D of the YC restaurant in a couple of weeks this month, October and his place will be taken by Mauricio."

Just now, Best Cat Mom said:

"Arthur is leaving his role as Maitre 'D of the YC restaurant in a couple of weeks this month, October and his place will be taken by Mauricio."

Thank you.  Guess I won’t be seeing him, then.  Hopefully there’ll be people sailing on Seascape in the next few weeks who’ll be able to keep us informed. 

• Like 1

Mauricio was the YC Maitre'D on our early December Seascape cruise and we concur with those singing his praises.  The Sommelier was a young American named Chris.  He was didn't seem very busy but was very interesting and loved talking about wines.

• Like 1

Just now, Cruisergal1208 said:

Thanks for the correction . My mistake. She is head butler. 

And a wonderful member of the team she is!! Taylan refers to her as “my right hand”. 

• Like 1

On 2/7/2024 at 6:53 PM, Best Cat Mom said:

By Arthur’s own Facebook post he is on Meraviglia right now. He always keeps his FB friends up to date on his travel.

37 minutes ago, kelleherdl said:

By Arthur’s own Facebook post he is on Meraviglia right now. He always keeps his FB friends up to date on his travel.

This is interesting if it is the same Arthur. In September he was maitre d' of the Yacht Club restaurant telling us he was leaving for vacation in October to be home for the holidays as did Chef Lisa. They both said they were asked by Hotel Director Yannis K if they would join his team on the Seashore in January and lo and behold they are both assigned to different ships. Promises, promises.... 

1 hour ago, morpheusofthesea said:

This is interesting if it is the same Arthur. In September he was maitre d' of the Yacht Club restaurant telling us he was leaving for vacation in October to be home for the holidays as did Chef Lisa. They both said they were asked by Hotel Director Yannis K if they would join his team on the Seashore in January and lo and behold they are both assigned to different ships. Promises, promises.... 

Wish you were here (Seascape)

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bgwest said:

Wish you were here (Seascape)

Thanks. Have to pace myself and my hedonistic tendencies. I take a page from Voltaire  "To really enjoy pleasures, you must know how to leave them."  Did you 'catch' my comparison of the Yacht Club to Explora Journeys ?

"Let us drink together, fellows, as we did in days of yore. And still enjoy the golden hours that Fortune has in store; The absent friends remembered be, in all that’s sung or said, And Love immortal consecrate the memory of the dead." Albert Pike   It is such a nice piece about all our absent friends.

On 2/7/2024 at 5:29 PM, Bgwest said:

Incorrect. On Seascape now:

IMG_5378.thumb.jpeg.49ef49557d9ccb7a582d3a55ff14ad3c.jpeg

Don’t drink so can’t speak to the wine guy. 

The sommelier is Christopher, a youngish ginger lad from Texas.  We found him incredibly entertaining and loved watching him work the room.  As fellow Texans he made a couple of restaurant recommendations for dry land

1 minute ago, karmamule said:

Just got on YC on Seascape this morning, in restaurant now and Mauricio just came by to introduce himself. 

(Side note: daaaaaamn that man works out! 😯)

Do you know when his contract is up?  

1 hour ago, karmamule said:

that man works out!

He was always eager for lunch service to end so he could get to the gym. There was one mother and daughter who always came at 5 minutes to closing, even at dinner. He would glance at us and roll his eyes. LOL

• Like 1