Questions about Eclipse

9 hours ago, Liao said:

Really glad to see this (mostly) positive feedback on the Eclipse.  The broken drawer analogy made me chuckle!  🙂 Sailed on EClass which was super nice but I like the older ship styles just as much, enjoy mixing it up.  I booked a March 2025 TA on Eclipse, last one before she goes into dry dock next April.  We just decided to make it a B2B and tonight went ahead and booked the preceeding cruise as well, so we'll have 18 days on the tired ole gal, before she gets her nips and tucks, and so looking forward to it.  

Eclipse dry dock?  Major or minor?  Is it Kelly time?  I was hoping to sail on her again someday.  

On 2/11/2024 at 4:52 PM, miched said:

In a few years that color combo will be back in.   What goes around comes around.  One year it is gray, the next red, then beige and etc.   

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

anything is better than HOPPEN greige!  No personality at all!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

Eclipse dry dock?  Major or minor?  Is it Kelly time?  I was hoping to sail on her again someday.  

I don’t believe that extensive.  Carpets, drapes, some hard goods so I think along the lines of what they did with Summit.  My TA ends on April 3, 2025 and that’s when the work is scheduled to commence.

• Thanks 1

I was just On Eclipse for a Valparaiso Chile to Buenos Aires Argentina cruise.

As at least 50% of the guests were primarily Spanish Speakers so all announcement's and even the main Theater performers repeated most everything in Both English and Spanish. The activity staff and cruise director were obviously selected for their ability to speak both English and Spanish.

The Ship itself was in good repair and the Crew were Outstanding.

My Veranda cabin was in good shape except for one drawer that could not be closed all the way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, D. B. said:

I was just On Eclipse for a Valparaiso Chile to Buenos Aires Argentina cruise.

As at least 50% of the guests were primarily Spanish Speakers so all announcement's and even the main Theater performers repeated most everything in Both English and Spanish. The activity staff and cruise director were obviously selected for their ability to speak both English and Spanish.

The Ship itself was in good repair and the Crew were Outstanding.

My Veranda cabin was in good shape except for one drawer that could not be closed all the way.

Did that a few months ago at Christmas.  Same report.

Hey you family in the hot tub speaking Spanish, not wanting to share space with two of us.  Some of us from the USA speak Spanish so you can stop pretending you don’t understand us when we say “good afternoon” or “excuse me”.  (And yes we know the difference between Spanish and Portuguese).  Otherwise it was a good cruise.  Most pax were polite.

Did it take you 2-3 hours to board the ship at Valparaiso like it did on our cruise?  We were moved forward because we were with friends who couldn’t stand but it still took us 45-60 minutes at the front of the line to get on a bus and get on the ship.  I believe that is the reason that cruise is being changed to a Buenos Aires round trip.

Edited by zitsky

We are considering ECLIPSE for 2026, for a  Carib cruise with  US departure! Any updates on the tefurb will be appreciated.

We had that language  "no entiendo" excuse on a very crowded cruise from Miami...kids running wild! 

We goofed and booked over a school holiday..ugh!

14 minutes ago, hcat said:

We are considering ECLIPSE for 2026, for a  Carib cruise with  US departure! Any updates on the tefurb will be appreciated.

We had that language  "no entiendo" excuse on a very crowded cruise from Miami...kids running wild! 

We goofed and booked over a school holiday..ugh!

My understanding is she will go try dry dock following the TA that ends in Southampton on 4/3/25.  The next cruise following is not showing on the website until April 27 from Amsterdamn.  So basically only 3 weeks to do whatever they plan to do.

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

Did that a few months ago at Christmas.  Same report.

Hey you family in the hot tub speaking Spanish, not wanting to share space with two of us.  Some of us from the USA speak Spanish so you can stop pretending you don’t understand us when we say “good afternoon” or “excuse me”.  (And yes we know the difference between Spanish and Portuguese).  Otherwise it was a good cruise.  Most pax were polite.

Did it take you 2-3 hours to board the ship at Valparaiso like it did on our cruise?  We were moved forward because we were with friends who couldn’t stand but it still took us 45-60 minutes at the front of the line to get on a bus and get on the ship.  I believe that is the reason that cruise is being changed to a Buenos Aires round trip.

Yes to the same  Valparaiso boarding experience. I took a Taxi from my Hotel to the Cruise Terminal ( a mile from the Ship) and then the Taxi had to sit for 45 Min. in a one lane Q before we got to the terminal then found disorganized conditions. 

I think that is why the future X cruises around the tip of South America will start and End in Buenos Aires. It makes sense because the first 5 days of my cruise South from Valparaiso  were Sea Days.

We also had Great Weather at the tip of SA but then a big storm off Argentina going Up the East side made for 2 cancelled ports. Still a wonderful experience overall.

• Like 1